Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-07-08, 2:44pm
אהבה אני ישו

Default Piranha and reduction

Hi -

I just bought a Piranha (thank you Lisa ) and I love the torch so far. I am having a little trouble getting the flame adjusted so that it does not reduce my beloved 456-rubino. If I turn the oxy up to the "hissing" point it seems to lessen the problem, but not eleviate it. Can anyone give me some tips on how to properly adjust my flame on this torch ?

I had been using a Minor and I could find the "zone" on that torch in a snap.

Thanks for any advice....

Believer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...

Old 2006-07-09, 4:03pm
boro color bender

I have no idea about working rubino... but I can tell you moving further out in any flame reduces the reduction... you'll find the sweet spot.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-07-10, 7:12am
ManBearPig

I work Rubino on my Tiger Shark (which has the same center fire as a Pirhana) out farther from the face. About 8" or so from the face. I use the same flame I use for other soft glass. No extra oxgen or anything. Works fine for me.

Old 2006-07-10, 8:02am
Does it come in Purple???

I have a Piranha and you just have to work further out from the torch face - remember rubino needs to stay cool. As soon as you bring it in closer to the face of the torch it will gray out.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-07-10, 1:49pm
אהבה אני ישו

Thanks guys!

Believer
Wife
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...