Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-11-09, 8:02pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default killing my computer

i have just spent the last two flipping hours trying to resize one freaking picture in gimp and infranview. WTF....someone please help me before I beat my computer to death. Someone showed me on here how to do it, I have also searched threads for an hour trying to find it

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-11-09, 9:09pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

http://tinyurl.com/2duxkwc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-11-10, 5:42am
Formerly Kellyhorton

thank you squid, I just had to go to bed cuz I was practically postal.Shit I dont know how you guys have time to make beads/jewelry. taking and editing photos takes twice as long.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-11-10, 6:08am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
yah, this is the help page I was using. I keep changing it and saving as, and for some reason the shitting thing is not getting smaller. Now you know why I never post pictures on here. Oh well, if anyone wants to see them, they are on my facebook. My problem, no where in my home do I ever have any decent lighting. My house is extremely dark, the only lighting is from windows which is too much light. outside no matter where I go, it is too light or too dark. This morning I have tried to take pics in every room, even though the room is darkish with filtered sunlight, my pics are too white. I have professional daylight bulbs even for taking photographs. Im in tears Im so frustrated,,,wtf is this so hard.................I have all this inventory I need to sell, Im in debt because I have all this inventory and stuff to make a ton more. I need more than shows to sell it. The shows are my advertisement to my shop which I cant get online until I get some decent pics. i have the photo software and will teach myself to use it as Im pretty good at figuring it out after a while. Its the lighting that is ruining me............Im sorry, have a ton of personal stuff goin on right now besides this and this is just pushing me over the edge...............

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-11-10 at 9:06am.
Old 2010-11-10, 12:25pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I use gimp and it works for me just fine. What are the EXACT steps you are using?

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-11-10, 12:50pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

I am doing save as my resized, I think my problem is I dont know what numbers to put in, the ones I am putting in are still too big. I have decided that it is just too much trouble, and not even worth it. Thanks for trying squid, as always, I do appreciate your help

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-11-10, 12:54pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Too big for what? If you want a good sized pic to load into photobucket or some such site and then link to here on LE, 640 x ~425 is a good size. Change the top value to 640 and it will default the second value to keep the perspective correct.

Open the pic, go to "image", "Scale image", type in 640, let it default the second and then hit save. Then go to File and Save as.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-11-11, 8:45am
old fart

just about every time you load a new application on your PC, you get small zombie programs that run in the background all the time. this is made even worse if you change virus scanners. you need to go to the "TuneUp Utilities" site,

http://www.tune-up.com/download/

and download their most recent tuneup program. if you want to keep it you will need to buy it, but you can use it for a period for free. run the utilities on your PC including the "StartUp Manager" and de-select everything on the list. also defrag your hard disk and your registry. if your hard disk is very full, you need to get a bigger disk, or transfer stuff. in general you need about 15% of your disk to be empty.