Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-13, 6:47pm
Tamara Knight

Default Do Not Purchase EBAY Momka Gerber Cane $40/lb

I purchased several lbs of Gerber cane on ebay from a seller in Canada at $40/lb. The cane is being sold as firsts but they are seconds. The gerber cane is so bad that it barely qualifies as gerber - 1/2 flowers and worse.

I sent Momka an email and she confirmed this person came to the warehouse but only purchased seconds and shorts and should not be selling this glass as first quality rods. The ebay listing is for first quality rods- but they are not.

Just an FYI don't get bit by this one - it is a bad deal
Old 2008-10-13, 6:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

that sucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:14pm
Scientific Glass Girl

woww thats a bummer. people suck big time. i'm sorry you got scammed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:30pm

Try filing a claim with Ebay. They hold their sellers to certain standards. If nothing else reporting a bad transaction will eventually get them kicked off.

It's worth a try.

Janelle
Old 2008-10-13, 7:46pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I agree. File a claim with ebay.
You not only have your word, but you have
the info supplied by the mfg that this person was
misrepresenting what he was selling.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-10-13, 7:47pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Do you have a link to the auction?

Old 2008-10-13, 8:28pm
yukue fumei

that is terrible.
I hope you are able to get your money back.
They are also selling 10" rods, but Momka doesn't sell 10" rods....

nagi

Old 2008-10-13, 8:30pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

someone recently asked about the normal length of boro rods as he had ordered firsts and got 10" rods and wanted to know if this was right.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 8:31pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

well, I just found that thread and he got his from Arrow Springs, so not the same person.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 8:34pm
yukue fumei

I think that was Glass Alchemy rods? GA does sell 10" rods, but I have only ordered them at their annual sale and they are discounted....

Momka does sell seconds but at a very low price--I think it is like $15-20/pound...

nagi

Old 2008-10-13, 8:41pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote from the auctions:

"These are all first quality rods and were all hand chosen right from the Momka Factory. We love Momka color rod and we want to give you the chance to see why!!"

hummmm

Last edited by Shawn T; 2008-10-13 at 10:40pm.
Old 2008-10-13, 8:42pm
Senior Moment

That sucks! I agree... file a complaint with ebay. That is just plain wrong...would like to know the sellers name..grumble grrrrr. poop head,
Sorry you were ripped off, hope it comes right back and bites him in the front of his ass.
Patricia

Nortel Mega Minor w/ EX 15 Oxy Con

Old 2008-10-13, 8:43pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Have you contacted this person? If you tell him what you know and what actions you've taken to find the truth, you may be able to get him to change his listing, and then STILL report him to ebay. Be sure you keep all the correspondence as evidence.

I am not shy on calling someone's bluff. It torkes me big time!
Old 2008-10-13, 8:47pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellavistaglass View Post
Sorry you were ripped off, hope it comes right back and bites him in the front of his ass.
Patricia

Oh you're bad......
Old 2008-10-13, 8:54pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

how do we know this person doesn't just have a vendetta or something going for the ebay seller ?
It seems odd to me that Momka would reveal what one customer bought . Just seems fishy to me .
Does anyone " Know" this poster with one post ?

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2008-10-13, 9:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkys View Post
how do we know this person doesn't just have a vendetta or something going for the ebay seller ?
It seems odd to me that Momka would reveal what one customer bought . Just seems fishy to me .
Does anyone " Know" this poster with one post ?
It's a good question, but she has been vouched for here before by a respected member. Certainly enough to warrant caution with the ebay seller. I also can imagine the manufacturer being pretty ticked to learn how their glass was being misrepresented on resale.
Old 2008-10-13, 9:11pm
Type ZZZ personality

Yes, I know Tamara personally and she's honorable. She's also been lampworking for a really long time and she knows her glass.

If she says this person ripped her off, I believe her.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-10-13, 9:17pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Ok , it just seems there has been a whole lota doo doo going on lately . Tamara , Im sorry to raise a brow . Thank you for the info .

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2008-10-13, 10:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
that is terrible.
I hope you are able to get your money back.
They are also selling 10" rods, but Momka doesn't sell 10" rods....
I have purchased 10" rods from Momka's when I was up there and they where firsts quality rods, at least she sold them to as firsts. my 10" rod purchase of several varies at a pound each was probably over a year ago? I also find it very odd that she might disclose what someone else might have purchased.I would hope my doing business with any company or manufacture would remain private. if fact as much as i love going up there, (she is super nice,and so is her brother) I would rather not do business with a company who freely reveals such information. your inquiry should have promoted her to contact that person personally and to let him or her know that selling seconds as firsts doesn't fly considering her reputation is connect with their selling of of her product.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-10-13 at 11:05pm.
Old 2008-10-13, 10:56pm

Privacy Statement of any company should be:

Disclosure and Visitor Choice
We do not disclose your personal data to other organizations or individuals.

Confidentiality / Security
We give you the option of using a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:

* Primary personal data (such as name and contact details)
* Identifiers (such as credit card details, Web site password)

We have implemented security policies, firewalls, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:

* Unauthorized access
* Improper use or disclosure
* Unauthorized modification
* Unlawful destruction or accidental loss

All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2008-10-14, 1:31am
I need more boro stuff

Did you see the seller payment policy?

Old 2008-10-14, 2:13am
Entropy increasing....

Did you pay with Paypal? You can file a claim with them.
Old 2008-10-14, 7:39am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
I have purchased 10" rods from Momka's when I was up there and they where firsts quality rods, at least she sold them to as firsts. my 10" rod purchase of several varies at a pound each was probably over a year ago?
thanks Murf! I learned something new today!

nagi

Old 2008-10-14, 7:40am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

As for Momka keeping seller info private, yes I can understand about
that. But she also has a responsibility to her customers to make sure
that someone who is representing HER product as being first quality
is actually selling the correct item. If someone is buying her seconds
and selling them as firsts, then the lampworking community will get the
impression that her product is faulty, NOT the seller. If it was me and
this person was misrepresenting me and ruining MY name, I'd hang
them out to dry, customer privacy be damned.

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2008-10-15 at 7:11am.
Old 2008-10-14, 8:07am
boro color bender

Oh and Momka has every right to tell what grade of glass was sold to somebody if they are claiming seconds to be firsts... revealing address or financial info is out of bounds, but if somebody dug through my trash and sold them as firsts, I'd let the buying public know what they had received less than first quality goods from me.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-14, 8:38am
boro color bender

and thanks for the heads up Tamara.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-14, 12:54pm
Borovangelist

Just my two cents...compared to GA and NS, Momka is a bit of a small fish, even if she does have years of experience on some of the folks in the R&D dept of those two. So I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to narc on someone who was bashing her rep, particularly since I've seen posts in the past on GLDG about how some of her colors were iffy formulations. I've never run across a problem with any of her colors (yet...) so they must be getting better, and I'd understand if she'd be willing to dish on someone who might otherwise be wrecking what's she's working towards. Given the nature of the gerber rods I wouldn't be surprised if they did have some seconds. I just wished I lived closer so I could go get some to play with for myself.

As for the sleuthing on who was saying what, I'm glad Brent was looking into it because it makes my head hurt to try to follow it all LOL.

|
|
Old 2008-10-14, 1:01pm
Mary Lockwood

Well somebody deleted my other post in this thread (?) and this post made no sense without it...so I'm deleting this one.

Last edited by Moth; 2008-10-15 at 10:46pm.
Old 2008-10-14, 1:12pm
In search of her path....

You can also file a claim with paypal because item received was NOT item advertised....and you will more than likely get your money back....

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-10-14, 1:34pm

Tamara Knight is here? Cool!!

Personally (as a flamework/teaching studio buying glass) I have not had good experience with the Momka Company.
And my friends that do serious boro tell me that the product is not consistent.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !