Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-04-07, 8:18am

Voic, you've come a long way baby! Those spiders are excellent!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-07, 11:11am
Seeker of Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassroger View Post
I've been playing around with the funky pendant design again and I think this one looks like it may have come from another planet?

Enjoy!
Great work. It's very Klingon-like!

Love it,

Lloyd
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-04-07, 11:25am
Seeker of Beauty

Default New Alien Pods

Here's the first couple pods I created after getting a great tutorial from Pipyr!

Thanks Pipyr, I love it!

Lloyd
Attached Images

AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-04-08, 5:13am
The Venerable Bead

Love the spiders (even though I hate the real ones ewww)

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2009-04-08, 2:59pm

Those are amazing spiders!
Old 2009-04-08, 6:06pm

Awesome pods Lloyd!

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-04-08, 7:08pm
No Problem!

Awesome spiders Voic! Never seen anything like them, those are really cool.

Here's a new pendant. I was inspired to give a reticello-implosion a shot after seeing that sweet marble that Josh Sable posted in the tube-work thread...
I've also been on a serious pursuit of true purple lately (outside of the lovely AP realm.)
It's in the boro color recipies thread and so far as close as I've come...turbo amethyst over BS blush... I'm really happy with the way it's working with some new blown bead designs I'm working on..
anyway, pardon the reflections, coudn't seem to shake em' this time.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-04-08, 7:12pm
No Problem!

While I'm at it, here's a new blown boro sphere. It's got some crazy depth that isn't exactly photogenic..sigh..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-04-08, 7:49pm

Wow! super nice the reticelo implosion!!
love the sphere to!
nice work

Old 2009-04-09, 9:00am

Wow that sphere is really cool. I really love all the colors in it.

The implosion is awesome as well. Purple is my favorite color.

Old 2009-04-09, 9:55am
glass-a-delic

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my spiders
Beau, the pendant and the marble are awesome!

Old 2009-04-09, 10:31am
No Problem!

Thanks you guys!
Voic that sphere is actually a blown bead, I usually take a pic with a chain through it but I just took the two pics of the holes this time. That's kind of the idea with those though, kind of like a marble for the bead-folk and vice-versa.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-04-09, 1:05pm
Fire and Fluidity

Of course everyone knows that a marble is just a virgin bead. LOL Beau, those pieces are fantastic. The depth in the bead is amazing!!!!
LLoyd, great colors!!

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2009-04-09, 10:30pm
glass-a-delic

and of course everyone knows that a falling star is in fact a small particle of debris in the solar system called meteoroid nevertheless everyone calls them stars..

Old 2009-04-10, 3:42pm
Torch junkie

I must be getting the itch for warmer weather? Here's a little orchid sculpture.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-04-10, 6:32pm

I love that, Rog.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-04-10, 7:41pm

Nice Glass Roger!!
I have made orchid pendants lately... so I think it must be in the air!
I will try to take pics and post them
By the way, I made a small dragon from your tutorial and it inspired me in findint the technique for my horse heads. Thanks!!

Old 2009-04-10, 8:01pm
Seeker of Beauty

Beautiful work, Everyone! Those blown beads and spheres are really cool! Wish I could get mine to look like that sometime! More practice with tubing is required.

Thanks so much for all of the encouragement I've been getting here. It's really great to interact with so many talented folks!

Lloyd
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-04-10, 8:04pm

Nice Rog.

Old 2009-04-10, 10:02pm
Mandrel Slayer

Beautifullll flower Roger.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-04-11, 6:08am

Not too productive lately due to a lot of family health issues but I still try to get out in the studio when I can. Here's what I've been up to...

Sandy

Old 2009-04-11, 10:07am

Sandy,
the colors are amazing!!!!

Old 2009-04-11, 10:42am

Thanks - my favorite red is now NS Pomegranate...

Sandy
Old 2009-04-11, 12:35pm
No Problem!

The Orchid turned out great Rog.
Those are beauties Sandy..it is a beautiful color....that I'll have to get my hands on soon now.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-04-11, 1:45pm
Torch junkie

Thanks for the compliments!
Malem, I'm glad the tutorial helped you out.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-04-13, 3:24am
glass-a-delic

Beautiful orchid Rog and great colors Sandy!
Im stuck on implosions since I started..
Here's some more spiders

Old 2009-04-13, 9:45am

Wow guys everyones work is so great and inspiring! I am just in the process of moving my studio so getting some torch envy looking at all your work.
Here are a couple I did before I shut the studio down,

Ashlea

Old 2009-04-16, 4:08pm
boro color bender

Fun stuff everybody!

I LOVE those spiders... such a well executed implosion!

Here are a few I've made lately... trying to get stuff listed to the site... trying.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-04-16, 9:25pm
don't burn your fingers!

I am really diggin' on those spiders!! Are those imploded on a blown bubble? They are awesome!!
Old 2009-04-17, 1:28am
glass-a-delic

thank you.
Your work is not so bad either Mr Smiley Just kidding man. I checked out your work billions of times by now trying to figure out this and that..

They're executed on rod, 10,11 or 14mm ... mostly 11mm. Cant wait for my new colors to arrive so I can try some more.