Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-08, 7:57pm
I'm meeeeelting

No sweat, except that I felt rushed. It was my own doing. I hadn't expected my turn to come around so quickly and didn't have my tools out, so I felt like I was holding things up. It really is no big deal, although I wasn't particularly worried about doing a demo. I found it pretty easy to tune everything out and just make a bead, but then I did most of my demo wearing a respirator.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-08, 8:08pm

Went fine. Ended up being the last, so the crowd was small. No pressure for me. If I had to pick a place to do this for the first time, this would be the place. What a wonderful, patient crowd.
Joan
Old 2009-09-08, 8:18pm
Critter Mom

For me it was nerve racking. Since I'm a bullseye user and things were running long I ended up in the boro room and then Deb sat next to me and made one of her wonderful fish...so of course that drew interest. I was doing okay up till it was time for me to start pulling my bunny ears, then my hands started shaking. It's the thought that your almost there, almost finished, all ya gotta do is get those ears pulled/positioned and get the little rascal in the kiln. And I'm kind of a loner so having so many people in one room just sorta rattled my nerves anyway.

Old 2009-09-08, 8:39pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

A few jitters anticipating my turn, but not bad at all! (Except when I accidentally turned off my torch in the middle of it.) LOL!

For anyone wanting to attend in the future, don't miss the amazing Glass Stock experience by letting a little fear get in the way! It's just like the veterans said! It ain't no thang!! And the learning experiences extend far beyond the workshops you're in.

I had so much fun, I bet I was smiling in my sleep.

Thanks Deb, for doing so much work to prepare for this. You're the best!

Old 2009-09-09, 9:24am
Type ZZZ personality

PERMAGRIN!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-09-09, 10:00am
Bitten by the travel bug

The demo was easy - I wasnt stressing about that part. But it was a shock using a different torch - my bead wasnt up to par, I was not expecting the torch to be so much hotter than mine. Took me a bit to get used ot those mini cc's.

Old 2009-09-09, 11:12am
Master Procrastinator

hehehe! Ditto! AFA the demo goes, I was somewhere near the end. Watching everyone else go before me helped to calm my nerves somewhat so I was fine by the time it was my turn. Wouldn't miss this for anything, certainly not for a little demo, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
PERMAGRIN!!

Old 2009-09-11, 11:00am

Demo wasn't bad at all, even though I had to "recover" my blown shard, that was actually supposed to be part of the title - how to salvage when they don't go right. And I was happy with my bead and didn't feel embarrassed about someone getting it. Everyone sitting at the same table helped, people looking at everyone so no one was spending that much time looking at me (hehe)
Melody
And Karen - thanks so much for all the encouragement in the months leading up to GS. You were great.

Old 2009-09-11, 11:07am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
And Karen - thanks so much for all the encouragement in the months leading up to GS. You were great.
{{{blush}}} love back atcha.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-09-14, 8:28pm
Wooohooo,GS!

You ALL rocked it! I was so proud of all of you! See, not so bad

Ok, go check out the new thread about GS newz.....wooohooo!
BIG hugs, you guys make it SO worth all my 9 months of work! deb

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-14 at 8:31pm.
Old 2009-09-14, 8:30pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Jo, I am so sorry you missed it! I have your bag, shirt and a couple goodies
PM me an address sweetie!
We sure missed you there! xoxo deb

Old 2009-09-14, 8:33pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes Karen, you are awesome, I really appreciate all your attention to questions here during a very hard time for me.....you are a gem!

Next year should be a breeze compared to this one, rofl!
xoxo deb