Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2007-11-22, 11:15am

Default Trey in Maine, May 17-18 and May 15-16

Update: We've added a class!
We're delighted to tell you that Trey Cornette will be teaching at Playing with Fire! ---- May 17th-18th 2008 and May 15th-16th. (Due to popular demand we've added a 2nd class!)

Yea!!! Trey's work is amazing! WooHoo!!! Mark your calendars folks, we're going to have a great time!

Lampworking with Trey Cornette
Saturday and Sunday, May 17th and 18th, 2008, --- $425 (lunch included) -- please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805
new! additional class: Thursday and Friday, May 15th and 16th --- $425 (lunch included)

"In this two day class we will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Our canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which we will experiment with many types of decoration. I will demonstrate my methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. I will demonstrate some of the beads I make, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. We will also learn how to pull our own Raku cane from the large kilo rods furnace workers use. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them."
See our website for additional details, and check out the photos of our very comfortable teaching studio!
-- please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805 and download our enrollment form and remit with your info/payment

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery

497 Main St. (studio located at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2008-01-30 at 10:50am. Reason: added class dates
Old 2007-11-22, 6:45pm
DSDWC

I am really looking forward to visiting Maine for the first time!
Anyone interested in the class please feel free to contact me with questions.
Peace

Trey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-23, 1:37pm

Sounds great! sign me up.
Old 2007-11-23, 1:45pm

Thank God! Someone who may be able to help me with proper ends on tube beads???? Do we know what the focus of the class will be?

Sue

(Virginia, you are bankrupting me! lol)
and the present is a gift.
Old 2007-11-23, 2:57pm
DSDWC

Hey Sue,
I can definitely help you with those ends!
I will cover my techniques for forming large tube and tabs, Scroll work, millifiori flowers, working with twisted cane and lots of other goodies. I have a general outline for the class but it always evolves around the desires of the students.
Hope to see you there
Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Thank God! Someone who may be able to help me with proper ends on tube beads???? Do we know what the focus of the class will be?

Sue

(Virginia, you are bankrupting me! lol)

Old 2007-11-23, 4:23pm

You guys are in for a real treat. I LOVED having Trey here last October! <waving at Trey>

Old 2007-11-24, 9:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Cornette View Post
I am really looking forward to visiting Maine for the first time!
Anyone interested in the class please feel free to contact me with questions.
Peace

Trey
Hi Trey! Well, first timer we're certainly looking forward to having you here! If time permits, we'll show you the area...just get us started, we turn into tour guides! we do love Maine!

Emily and Sue -- yea! I'm starting a class list

Terry, you should come on up! I had a dream about you last night being here for the class. It's a sign!

Virginia
Playing with Fire!
Old 2007-11-24, 5:09pm

That would be way cool, Virginia! Can you dream me up some disposable income so I can make the trek? DH and I visited Maine almost 20 years ago and fell in love with lower coast. It was a weekend trip so we didn't get to see as much as we wanted. We've promised one another that we'll make it back one day!

Old 2007-11-27, 10:13am

Quote:
Hey Sue,
I can definitely help you with those ends!
I will cover my techniques for forming large tube and tabs, Scroll work, millifiori flowers, working with twisted cane and lots of other goodies. I have a general outline for the class but it always evolves around the desires of the students.
Hope to see you there
Trey
VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hawking the family jewels! Pretty please with great tube beads ends on it, sign me up!!!!!!!

Sue
Old 2007-11-27, 9:36pm

Quote:
VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hawking the family jewels! Pretty please with great tube beads ends on it, sign me up!!!!!!!

Sue
OK Sue, the list has been started!
Old 2008-01-09, 8:21pm

Cool Sam

Me too!
Old 2008-01-11, 8:38pm
It's about time!

Me three!
Old 2008-01-27, 8:50pm

Bump!

Trey's class nearly full. If you've been thinking about taking this class, now's your chance!
Please call to reserve your space, and please download our enrollment form and send with your payment/info.

Virginia & Ed
Playing with Fire!
497 Main Street
(studio at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805 --- Fax: 207-594-7825

[Lodging tips: The Navigator Motor Inn (right across the street from our studio) offers our students a discounted rate @ $50/night (ask for the 'Island Rate') (pending availability). Please visit our website for additional links to other area accommodations and attractions.]
Old 2008-01-28, 7:43pm
New Grandma

Im really looking foward to the class. I love your work Trey.

One of the love of my life.

Old 2008-01-29, 10:35am

Do we have a price yet?

Sue
Old 2008-01-29, 6:09pm

Quote:
Do we have a price yet?

Sue
Oh my yes, it's been on the website for quite a while. Sorry, I didn't post it here!!!!
Here ya go:

Lampworking with Trey Cornette
Saturday and Sunday, May 17th and 18th, 2008, --- $425 (lunch included)
and >>>new! we've added a Thursday/Friday class: May 15th and 16th --- $425 (lunch included)
-- Please call to reserve your space. 207-594-7805 and download our enrollment form and remit with your info/payment

"In this two day class we will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Our canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which we will experiment with many types of decoration. I will demonstrate my methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. I will demonstrate some of the beads I make, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. We will also learn how to pull our own Raku cane from the large kilo rods furnace workers use. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them."
Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery

497 Main St. (studio located at lower level/harborside)
Rockland, Maine 04841
207-594-7805

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2008-02-07 at 12:56am. Reason: added class dates
Old 2008-02-07, 12:44pm
New Grandma

The description sounds great cant wait.

One of the love of my life.

Old 2008-02-19, 10:19am

Am I cheating? I've been working my tushy off to have lots of twisties to bring.... I know I need to work on my ends so I'm hoping having some premade twisties will allow me to spend time where I need to focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going along with whatever agenda Trey sets up for us but I admit I'm trying to get a jump start for ME.

(Trey, may I bring my twisties???)

Sue
Old 2008-02-21, 8:59am

Quote:
Am I cheating? I've been working my tushy off to have lots of twisties to bring.... I know I need to work on my ends so I'm hoping having some premade twisties will allow me to spend time where I need to focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going along with whatever agenda Trey sets up for us but I admit I'm trying to get a jump start for ME.

(Trey, may I bring my twisties???)

Sue
Sue,
I don't think that's cheating! LOL! This is going to be such a fun class!

Folks, don't forget, we've added another two day set (May 15-16 Thur/Fri )for those who missed signing up for the Fri-Sat class!

Virginia
Playing with Fire!
What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland...!
Old 2008-02-21, 9:21am

Woops, me bad! I should have posted that I received a pm from Trey saying I could cheat if I want to.... bringing twisties to play with in our class! Yahoo, time to concentrate on fixing my uneven end problem.

Sue
Old 2008-02-21, 9:26am
Ex-lurker

You guys are in for a treat. Trey is a great teacher - and so patient! If I can do his technique and make big beads (for me) anyone can!

Hey Trey! We miss you down South!

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2008-02-21, 6:24pm
DSDWC

Hi everyone.
You are more than welcome to bring twisties and anything else you want.
Be sure and bring any of you favorite glass. Especially and odd odd lots or silvers you like to play with. Its always nice to have a wide pallet to create from.
I am so looking forward to Maine in May.
Someone told me they cook lobster in a special way with seawater up there. I gotta have some of that!!!
See you soon.
Trey

Old 2008-02-23, 12:02pm

Quote:
I am so looking forward to Maine in May.
Someone told me they cook lobster in a special way with seawater up there. I gotta have some of that!!!
See you soon.
Trey
Hmmm... Some would say that's the ONLY way to cook lobster! And with a handful of seaweed thrown in on top of the steaming lobsters... the flavors are enhanced... it has that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’

Madame LaSonga’s crystal ball is saying that can be arranged!

Virginia
Playing with Fire!
Old 2008-02-24, 12:48pm
DSDWC

All Right!!! Lobster here I come.
Are there any good local oysters around? I can always shoot down a couple of dozen on the half shell.

Old 2008-03-31, 8:21pm

Quote:
All Right!!! Lobster here I come.
Are there any good local oysters around? I can always shoot down a couple of dozen on the half shell.
Hi Trey!
The lobsters are resigned. The oysters are quaking in their boots!

Folks, this is going to be a great set of classes! We still have a few seats left in both the Thurs/Fri class and the Sat/Sun class, but they won't last long. This is a class NOT to be missed.

Virginia and Ed
Playing with Fire!
207-594-7805
Old 2008-03-31, 10:08pm

Trey,
Maine Seafood is the best!
Have fun at class!
I'll be in Corning with Gianni!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-04-28, 6:08pm

This is going to be a great set of classes! We still have a few seats left in both the Thurs/Fri class and the Sat/Sun class, but they won't last long. This is a class NOT to be missed.

Trey Cornette in Maine
Choose from: Thurs/Fri-May 17th-18th or Sat/Sun-May 15th-16th ---- $425 (lunch included)

Please call to reserve your seat, then please submit your enrollment form found here

Virginia and Ed
Playing with Fire!
207-594-7805
Old 2008-05-07, 4:37am
DSDWC

One more week and I will be in Maine. Yippeee!!!
This is sure to be a fun class. There are still a couple of open seats if anyone is interested.
See you guys soon.

Old 2008-05-07, 4:50am

I have goosebumps and cannot wait!

Have to call The Navigator today for a reservation overnight. Bob's working days on Thurs and will join me for an overnight in Rockland. No idea what the poor guy is doing on Friday but he's on his own! lol...

See you on the 15th.

Sue
Old 2008-05-09, 4:05am

Cool

Trey,Ed & Virginia hunted down the lobsters & oysters. I hope your ready, have you tried scallops, clams? What kind of beer do we need? Sam