No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2014-12-08, 8:03am
Dances With Fire

Default suggestions . outdoor studio south florida

finally arrived in paradise i have been too busy with my business to melt glass for the last couple of years...but i want to play again

i have searched the forums for suggestions for an outdoor studio...like something on my lanai. i am looking or a way to keep breezes of the torch flame as i am working. i cannot add a shed or anything to the property...we are renting now. any suggestions or blocking the breeze?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-12-08, 8:36am
Dances With Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M2j5SIPC6U

just found this! using recycled pallets to build homes or refugees! very cool idea!

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2014-12-08, 8:41am
just another glass addict

When I had outside studio like that I made curtains from a heavy fabric I got on sale. Basically I added grommets and hung it on nails. It was cheap and easy and it didn't matter that they got wet or dirty since they were easy to wash. The heavier fabric was great for blocking the wind and bright sunlight. Biggest problem was moths dive bombing the flame at night. It was occasionally a little startling.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2014-12-08, 5:25pm

How about a portable shed?

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2014-12-09, 7:37am
Angie09

Here's what I did ... just a large piece of plywood that we anchored 2x4s (I think) that we had put wheels on. Now I can roll them where ever I need them to cut the breeze. Works great!

Old 2014-12-09, 7:43am
Loving learning

Angie, great idea.
Old 2014-12-09, 3:25pm
Ex-lurker

Hey Crystal where did you move to?

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2014-12-09, 3:51pm
Dances With Fire

fantastic! do you guys have your kiln outside? i have a covered lanai. is that ok? talk about ventilation! hehe i will still have a fan blowing away from me

paula i cant have a shed...yard to small, hoa, and we are just renting til the Massachusetts property sells i plan in buying a place where i can have a big ass out door building just or torching and one for the cosmetics, and one or hubbys recording studio hehe...love that we can do that here. we are looking at the palm beach ranchettes area. not as removed as loxahatchee and town water

hey melody! cant wait to see you all. may try to make the glassdragons meeting. i am in wellington. it is 2. something hours south of orlando

i am so in love with the weather here! there is an ice storm back home i mean back THERE

Old 2014-12-10, 11:26am

LOL. It is so easy to live here compared to THERE. Hopw your house sells fast! Angie that is a great idea. Crystal, I was thinking of a portable shed because my BF just built one on a boat trailer. I am not sure why yet. LOL.. Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !