Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-07-07, 9:39am
ManBearPig

Is there any tracking info on it? That should at least give you a little insight...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-07-07, 10:24am
Type ZZZ personality

Has anyone checked with the post office?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-07-07, 1:36pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Bites big time Eric. I have never gotten anything lost. Sometimes it might take a while for customs to clear a package, but I have always received my stuff. Off course Carrie should get the insurance money but I personally don't think its all that funny. It really pisses me off actually to see the postal service screw up this bad and loose a package this size, I mean come on, it's not like the package slipped in between a couple of envelopes

Has anyone tried to figure out the trackingnumber yet??

Old 2006-07-12, 11:21am
traumaqueen

any word on the box yet??

Old 2006-07-12, 8:26pm

Nada
Old 2006-07-13, 12:14am
traumaqueen

*crap* what a bummer this must be for you

Old 2006-07-13, 7:48am

im tellin ya i was stoked to be getting those mashers.

I had Uranium glass i was gonna add as my secret contribution. Its pretty cool stuff, glows under black light, and totally compatable.

Next time I guess.
B
Old 2006-07-13, 9:09am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroburner
im tellin ya i was stoked to be getting those mashers.

I had Uranium glass i was gonna add as my secret contribution. Its pretty cool stuff, glows under black light, and totally compatable.

Next time I guess.
B
Just send it to me, and we'll pretend you put it in the box...

I've been trying to get my hands on some for a LOOOOONG time.

Old 2006-07-13, 1:52pm

I can get my hands on a couple O' lbs here. Its spendy though...like $250ish a lb, but a lil goes a long ways.

Maybe next time......or with any luck the box will limp its way here.
B
Old 2006-07-13, 1:53pm

I would trade some for a nice pair o' leaf mashers......
B
Old 2006-07-13, 3:58pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroburner
I would trade some for a nice pair o' leaf mashers......
B
Deal. I'll PM you tomorrow and we can work it out...

Old 2006-07-13, 4:31pm
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort
Maybe we will have to keep all future boxes to within the USA to avoid the customs/foreign mail issues. Doesn't that just bite...

Eric
Hey Eric - with all due respect, I really don't like "drawing a line" across our border...don't fault us Canadians (it was not "our" fault the box got way-laid), nor jeopardize us playing in future "events" - our glass/boro community may be significantly smaller than the US, but our passion burns brightly all the same....and remember: peace and love...it's what makes the world go 'round (or at least "our" blissful world of glass)...
XOXO

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-07-14, 6:37am

I am not saying it was Canada's fault or the USA's fault. I was stating a fact that whenever you start dealing with shipping to a foreign country the margin for error and loss increases dramatically. I have been shipping out of the USA for years - mostly ethographic art and antiques, and I have experienced numerous problems with it. On the other hand, I have had one problem shipping a package within the USA where it went missing.

Peace.

Eric
Old 2006-07-14, 6:58am
Type ZZZ personality

Could whomever sent the box check with the post office? Is there a tracking number?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-07-14, 7:25am

tried that. No one wants to get on it.
Old 2006-07-14, 9:47pm

I have been reading this thread and wanted to let you know that I am in Saskatchewan and I have been waiting since the middle of May for three different packages of glass from three different people in the States....I traded some things in the garage sale for glass and I am still waiting...I do know that all three people mailed their packages to me...so what I am saying is - I think there is a big hold up at customs right now....only small and air mailed packages seem to be getting thru...( at least I hope thats the problem and that I didn't get ripped off!)

I bet your borobox will show up....

Shauna
Old 2006-07-15, 6:52am
Back from the Dark Side

I know last time I sent a package to Canada it took a bit over a month, and it was just beads, no questionable materials. Let's not give up yet, k?

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-07-15, 7:02am

i Havent been to the box in a couple O' days. Ill check it on monday.
B
Old 2006-07-15, 2:54pm
ManBearPig

Just out of curiosity, how was it sent? I sent a package to England a few weeks ago Airmail Parcel Post and it got there in 8 days...

Old 2006-07-16, 8:09am

Has anyone even bothered to check the tracking #?????
Anyone?????
B
Old 2006-07-16, 8:12am
Back from the Dark Side

Did it get sent to you? Otherwise Carrie should have it.

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-07-16, 8:47am

i have received nothing.
B
Old 2006-07-19, 4:59am
lov'in life!!!

Carrie has checked on the box and I "think" she has filed a claim. Any word on your end yet?

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2006-07-19, 7:21am

i checked yesterday. Only bills
B
Old 2006-07-21, 1:34am
Save the Numbats

I used to be obsessed with shipping companies. I would bore my brother to death talking about all the various services and their relative merits and shortcomings.

I think we, as a group, have now learned about USPS Parcel Post Surface.

If you go and read about Parcel Post, it is recommended for use when 'value' is most important. This is Government/Corporate Code meaning that it is a slow and impossibly shitty way to send a package.
It is $30-40 dollars for PPS, versus about $70 to ship a package like this one via UPS Standard. This is the only detail that resembles an advantage.

UPS Standard (Intl): One Week.
Airmail Parcel Post: 4 -10 days.
Parcel Post Surface: 4-6 WEEKS.

So, the package is barely late - in fact, it isn't even late at all (um.. by Parcel Post Surface standards), if it was shipped June 12th or so.
6 weeks will be the 24th.
Old 2006-07-21, 3:39am
Serenity Now!

Very interesting concept, but the box was supposed to have been sent via AIR, as per the original "rules" of the game...
Alas, no-one seems to know for sure how/when/perhaps even if it was sent. Ben, were you not given the tracking # to follow?!? That was also supposed to be part of the "rules".
I find it odd that Carrie hasn't posted in this thread for weeks...Anybody check on her, and see if she has, in fact, made a "claim" yet? Then we can all just flush this thread goodbye...17 pages, and not a whole lot happening......
Or...we can all go on for page after page discussing our "conspiracy" theories of what really happened to the box. I've got mine...anybody else??! LOL

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-07-21, 7:19am

Ive been here asking for a tracking # for a while now, No one seems to be very forthcomming with one. I believe it has been almost 8 weeks. I talked to the post office the other day an they said theres NO way a package would take that long. Sorry all, but Ive stoped waiting for it.
B
Old 2006-07-21, 9:44am
Save the Numbats

Very interesting concept? WTF does that mean?

In my experience, to obtain reimbursement for the value of lost domestic shipments, USPS requires some proof of what was in the box and a proof of value, like a receipt or an invoice.
I don't believe Carrie could file a claim herself, since she was neither the sender nor the recipient of the package. Maybe the Post Office would allow that - I don't see why they would.

Anyway, FlameDancer - could you tell us all the tracking number? How did you send the package, air or surface? At the very least Mr. boroburner should have the tracking number.
Old 2006-07-21, 10:56am
traumaqueen

From what I heard a claim was filed, dunno by who but I do know it was filed. I just think it is weird no one has a trackingnumber to check the box

Old 2006-07-21, 11:20am

Ive been trying to get someone to simply call and see wheere it is for almost a month now. I dont think even this simple task is ever gonna get done.
B