Lampwork Etc.
 
Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat


The Flow

Caber Light


 

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2006-06-23, 9:19am
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Question What name is this Double Helix Glass?

I bought this glass from Double Helix back in December, and I don't know the name of it. It isn't on my receipt and it isn't on their website.
If I remember correctly, there was a glass that was "whatever" and then they also sold "whatever 2".


Help???






Thank you!
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-06-23, 9:30am
adovbs's Avatar
adovbs adovbs is offline
Student of DachZen
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,910
Default

Looks like Nebula, but more intense? Nebula has a lighter transparent core. But if the core is dark, then it could be Dark Star.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-06-23, 9:31am
Kalera's Avatar
Kalera Kalera is offline
I'm a lilac!
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,793
Default

If they called it "Whatever", maybe it was an experimenal batch.
__________________
-Kalera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-06-23, 9:42am
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Thank you adovbs, it has to be one of them. Do you know which one they made two of by chance?

Kalera, LOL, I just put "whatever" in quotes because I didn't know what they called the glass and then they made and number 2 of it.


PS I guess I really should email Jed, but I didn't want to bother him w/ all that he has to do.
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-06-23, 9:50am
adovbs's Avatar
adovbs adovbs is offline
Student of DachZen
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
Thank you adovbs, it has to be one of them. Do you know which one they made two of by chance?
I'm pretty sure they made a Dark Star and a Dark Star 2 last year, but they could have also had a Nebula 2 as well that I missed. Looking more closely at the rods, it really does look more like Nebula, as Dark Star is pretty opaque in the rod from the samples I have.

Good luck!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:01am
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Thank you so much for your time!
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:01am
Kalera's Avatar
Kalera Kalera is offline
I'm a lilac!
 
Join Date: Jun 09, 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
Thank you adovbs, it has to be one of them. Do you know which one they made two of by chance?

Kalera, LOL, I just put "whatever" in quotes because I didn't know what they called the glass and then they made and number 2 of it.


PS I guess I really should email Jed, but I didn't want to bother him w/ all that he has to do.
Ohhhhhhh! OK I get it!
__________________
-Kalera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:06am
Lynn Larson's Avatar
Lynn Larson Lynn Larson is offline
Back from the Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 18,851
Default

It looks like Dark star to me. I have some at home so i can look later, but that seems to be the general consensus
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:34am
kandice's Avatar
kandice kandice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2005
Location: foothills east of Seattle
Posts: 2,739
Default

OMG that's so pretty. I want some.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:36am
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Thanks Lynn.

Kandice, LOL, how much are you thinking?
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:40am
kandice's Avatar
kandice kandice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2005
Location: foothills east of Seattle
Posts: 2,739
Default

I have no idea. Depends on the cost. I have never used any Double Helix glass - but that color sure is pretty. It's 104coe compatible, yes?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:42am
Three Muses Glass's Avatar
Three Muses Glass Three Muses Glass is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Back in NJ
Posts: 4,302
Default

Yikes! Why did you have to show that??? I'm in severe glass lust right now. Man that's pretty glass! (not helpful, I don't know what it is )
__________________
Rebecca


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2006-06-23, 10:43am
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice
I have no idea. Depends on the cost. I have never used any Double Helix glass - but that color sure is pretty. It's 104coe compatible, yes?
Yes it is 104 COE.

Let me figure out exactly what it is, there is a sheet somewhere on how to work his colors, and I'll PM you if that is OK?
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2006-06-23, 12:22pm
Tink's Avatar
Tink Tink is offline
tinkmartin.etsy.com
 
Join Date: Jun 10, 2005
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 7,451
Default

Oooooooooooooooooooh! Yummy! I hope they make that again! It looks luscious! Are you going to use it or sell it or both? I'd love to try it...
__________________
High-temp, military grade 1/4" hollow mandrels are now available in my Etsy shop!
I have 12" and a limited number of 9" ready to go! BULK PRICING AVAILABLE

Also Available in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2006-06-23, 12:24pm
*Naos*'s Avatar
*Naos* *Naos* is offline
Etch Fiend Organic Junky
 
Join Date: Mar 31, 2006
Location: Arvada (Denver), CO
Posts: 11,442
Default

So does anyone else think that Jed's goal is to make boro-like soft glass? LOL A faux boro on the upscale side?
__________________
-Amber
Naos Glass and Jewelry Supply - ~*~ Custom Orders Happily Accepted~*~

...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2006-06-23, 12:42pm
lainee733's Avatar
lainee733 lainee733 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 959
Default

oh man that is cool glass! i want some! lol
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2006-06-23, 12:50pm
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Missing presumed fed
 
Join Date: Nov 15, 2005
Location: Wherever
Posts: 3,158
Default

I'm with Kalera. I had no trouble believing that they made a batch of something they called "Whatever." (And followed it with "whatever 2.") I just thought, "boro workers do a lot of things that make you think they need WAY better ventilation." Yeah, I remembered a minute later that this is soft glass, not boro, but the boro spirit is there.

And the boro spirit is, of course, pretty much "Duuuuuuuudddddde ...."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2006-06-23, 1:20pm
suzanne's Avatar
suzanne suzanne is offline
traumaqueen
 
Join Date: Jun 27, 2005
Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam
Posts: 5,838
Default

I believe it was called MINE
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2006-06-23, 2:10pm
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I'm with Kalera. I had no trouble believing that they made a batch of something they called "Whatever." (And followed it with "whatever 2.") I just thought, "boro workers do a lot of things that make you think they need WAY better ventilation." Yeah, I remembered a minute later that this is soft glass, not boro, but the boro spirit is there.

And the boro spirit is, of course, pretty much "Duuuuuuuudddddde ...."

OMGAWD, that just totally cracked me up. LOL.

I have to find out the 'name'.

It has to be like Thing 1 and Thing 2 or something, I really think I've got 2 different batches of the same thing, if ya' know what I mean.
But they were called original and #2.

I should've never put them in the same cubby, dangit.
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2006-06-23, 2:16pm
HardwoodTrailGlass's Avatar
HardwoodTrailGlass HardwoodTrailGlass is offline
Nah, not really...;)
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2005
Location: NW of Asheville, NC
Posts: 2,817
Default

Lookie, lookie, what I found, thanks Shawnette!!!

I am thinking, I have Nebula and Dark Star............maybe?

Double Helix Glassworks

This 104 coe glass cane is handmade in the pacific northwest by Double Helix Glassworks. It is compatible with Effetre, Vetrofond, and Lauscha type glass.

Reactive Silver Collection

The glass in this collection is infused with silver oxides that can produce a variety of color effects. Encasing the colors in pale transparent produces some of the nicest effects. Before encasing, I recommend working the silver colors in a fairly cool, soft neutral to slightly reducing flame. After encasing in a clear or tint color, allow the bead to cool for a few seconds, until the orange glow subsides some, then gently reheat the bead, perhaps repeatedly, to enhance the silvers crystal growth. Once the glass is encased, some of the silver oxides go into solution with the casing layer. Reheating and cooling the bead causes the dissolved silver to precipitate into crystals that change colors as they grow. This is what develops the polychromatic swirls of color.



Nebula

This glass is primarily transparent blue- green with an iridescent sheen speckled with silver. Nebula grows silver crystals once encased with a thin layer of clear, forming blue-green swirls inside. Repeated reheating of the bead enhances this effect. If reduced it takes on a chrome-like shine. It looks great encased with a tint color, and is particularly attractive underneath Effetre dark lavender 081. In some applications, the color looks like a photo of outer space, thus the cosmic name.

Rhubarb

Rhubarb transmits a strawberry color and contains crystallized gold and silver oxides giving it the ability to strike to a polychromatic swirl of blues, greens, and yellows. The surface is studded with sparkling particles of silver that can reduce to a chrome-like shine if worked in a reducing atmosphere. Interesting effects can be achieved by encasing the Rhubarb in clear or transparent colored glass. Reheating the glass will develop and enhance both the pink tone of the base color and the silver crystal growth. Canes are strawberry shaped in cross section.

Dark Star

Dark Star is a reactive silver based formula similar to nebula but with an opaque black core to provide high contrast for the silver crystals swirl of color. This color has been pulled into flat canes for maximum efficiency, providing more visible surface area than a round cane. This is my favorite formula yet.

River Rock

The opaque brown tones of River Rock vary in intensity depending on how it is worked in the flame, ranging from a pale bone shade to a deep mocha color. Streaks of lighter colors form on the surface of the glass after it has been heated, creating interesting organic effects that mimic stones such as picture jasper. This color looks nice layered over black and encased in clear. Repeated reheating in a neutral flame can cause the surface strike to a variety of earthtone shades with areas of silver speckling. Layering this glass over Dark Ivory will produce a variety of organic effects. Reduction flames will bring the metals to the surface of the glass.




Aventurine Sparkle Collection

The glass in this collection will interact in "organic" ways with familiar colors like effetre's dark ivory and vetrofond's 919 pale ivory. Used over a more stable base color, the aventurine sparkle is preserved by gentle heating. If it is worked past a certain point, the copper that causes the sparkle effect can be dissolved, resulting in light green striations or swirls. Some of the colors also contain elements similar to those found in your flame working glasses, and these ingredients cause the glass to change tonalities depending on the light source.

Northern Lights

Is a lavender colored glass loaded with aventurine sparkle. Under certain lighting conditions the glass can appear blue or blue-green.

Sugar Plum

Sugar Plumb is a rich two-tone purple color infused with a golden sparkle.

Pacific Mist


Pacific Mist reflect a pinkish purple tone with a golden sparkle, while transmitting an ocean green color. Pacific Mist has the potential to react along itís edges with other base bead colors such as Dark Ivory, developing a darker line where the two glasses meet. This glass shifts in tone and color depending on lighting, with the pinkest tones visible when viewed in sunlight or intense incandescent lighting.

Passionflower

This color is inspired by my favorite flower and fruit. The glass transmits a purple tone while reflecting a mixture of magenta with orange undertones.
__________________
__________________
Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2006-06-23, 4:01pm
Lynn Larson's Avatar
Lynn Larson Lynn Larson is offline
Back from the Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 18,851
Default

I looked at the rods i have, and if it is lighter colored and you can see thru it, it should be the Nebula. If it is really dark and and you can't see thru it,it is the dark star
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2006-06-23, 5:12pm
jana's Avatar
jana jana is offline
ID10T Problem Solver
 
Join Date: Jan 19, 2006
Location: Kearney, MO
Posts: 1,218
Default

Ummm....I will take 1 of each and 2 of the Rhubarb!

They had some great glass....wonder if they will bring some of these back.



Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
Lookie, lookie, what I found, thanks Shawnette!!!

I am thinking, I have Nebula and Dark Star............maybe?

Double Helix Glassworks

This 104 coe glass cane is handmade in the pacific northwest by Double Helix Glassworks. It is compatible with Effetre, Vetrofond, and Lauscha type glass.

Reactive Silver Collection

The glass in this collection is infused with silver oxides that can produce a variety of color effects. Encasing the colors in pale transparent produces some of the nicest effects. Before encasing, I recommend working the silver colors in a fairly cool, soft neutral to slightly reducing flame. After encasing in a clear or tint color, allow the bead to cool for a few seconds, until the orange glow subsides some, then gently reheat the bead, perhaps repeatedly, to enhance the silvers crystal growth. Once the glass is encased, some of the silver oxides go into solution with the casing layer. Reheating and cooling the bead causes the dissolved silver to precipitate into crystals that change colors as they grow. This is what develops the polychromatic swirls of color.



Nebula

This glass is primarily transparent blue- green with an iridescent sheen speckled with silver. Nebula grows silver crystals once encased with a thin layer of clear, forming blue-green swirls inside. Repeated reheating of the bead enhances this effect. If reduced it takes on a chrome-like shine. It looks great encased with a tint color, and is particularly attractive underneath Effetre dark lavender 081. In some applications, the color looks like a photo of outer space, thus the cosmic name.

Rhubarb

Rhubarb transmits a strawberry color and contains crystallized gold and silver oxides giving it the ability to strike to a polychromatic swirl of blues, greens, and yellows. The surface is studded with sparkling particles of silver that can reduce to a chrome-like shine if worked in a reducing atmosphere. Interesting effects can be achieved by encasing the Rhubarb in clear or transparent colored glass. Reheating the glass will develop and enhance both the pink tone of the base color and the silver crystal growth. Canes are strawberry shaped in cross section.

Dark Star

Dark Star is a reactive silver based formula similar to nebula but with an opaque black core to provide high contrast for the silver crystals swirl of color. This color has been pulled into flat canes for maximum efficiency, providing more visible surface area than a round cane. This is my favorite formula yet.

River Rock

The opaque brown tones of River Rock vary in intensity depending on how it is worked in the flame, ranging from a pale bone shade to a deep mocha color. Streaks of lighter colors form on the surface of the glass after it has been heated, creating interesting organic effects that mimic stones such as picture jasper. This color looks nice layered over black and encased in clear. Repeated reheating in a neutral flame can cause the surface strike to a variety of earthtone shades with areas of silver speckling. Layering this glass over Dark Ivory will produce a variety of organic effects. Reduction flames will bring the metals to the surface of the glass.




Aventurine Sparkle Collection

The glass in this collection will interact in "organic" ways with familiar colors like effetre's dark ivory and vetrofond's 919 pale ivory. Used over a more stable base color, the aventurine sparkle is preserved by gentle heating. If it is worked past a certain point, the copper that causes the sparkle effect can be dissolved, resulting in light green striations or swirls. Some of the colors also contain elements similar to those found in your flame working glasses, and these ingredients cause the glass to change tonalities depending on the light source.

Northern Lights

Is a lavender colored glass loaded with aventurine sparkle. Under certain lighting conditions the glass can appear blue or blue-green.

Sugar Plum

Sugar Plumb is a rich two-tone purple color infused with a golden sparkle.

Pacific Mist


Pacific Mist reflect a pinkish purple tone with a golden sparkle, while transmitting an ocean green color. Pacific Mist has the potential to react along itís edges with other base bead colors such as Dark Ivory, developing a darker line where the two glasses meet. This glass shifts in tone and color depending on lighting, with the pinkest tones visible when viewed in sunlight or intense incandescent lighting.

Passionflower

This color is inspired by my favorite flower and fruit. The glass transmits a purple tone while reflecting a mixture of magenta with orange undertones.
__________________
__________________
~jana~


***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2006-06-23, 6:41pm
Laurie L's Avatar
Laurie L Laurie L is offline
HourGlass Studio
 
Join Date: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,807
Default

Oh yeah baby I would love to try some of those "other" colors also !!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2006-06-24, 10:27am
kandice's Avatar
kandice kandice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2005
Location: foothills east of Seattle
Posts: 2,739
Default

Hell, yes!

I'm in love.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass
Yes it is 104 COE.

Let me figure out exactly what it is, there is a sheet somewhere on how to work his colors, and I'll PM you if that is OK?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kandice; 2006-06-24 at 10:29am.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2006-06-24, 11:22am
beadandi's Avatar
beadandi beadandi is offline
Sandi
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2005
Location: The beautiful mountains of Arkansas
Posts: 371
Default What name is this Double Helix Glass

Thanks so much for the info. about the Double Helix Glass. I made a trade with makitmama and she sent me Kronos and several other rods from Double Helix some of which is labeled and some is not....needless to say it was a great trade. With the description of all the colors, I think I can now match the rods to the names and know what I have, of course, using it correctly so it "sings" is another story. Included in my trade was rods of "nebula" and it is a beautiful glass. THANK YOU MAKITMAMA!

I must say if you haven't tried the Kronos...it is gorgeous, if you can get your hands on it. I have beads in the oven right now made with the Kronos and I can't wait to get them out. The colors looked great going in. I don't have Olympia Rain so I don't know how they compare.

Thanks,
Sandi
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2006-06-24, 6:01pm
Karen Hardy's Avatar
Karen Hardy Karen Hardy is offline
Know-it-all Megalomaniac
 
Join Date: Oct 22, 2005
Location: Californication
Posts: 6,282
Default

I have some "lovin' in the oven" right now too. Some Kronos and some Olympia Rain beads. I have to say that so far, I'm not all that impressed with the OR glass. It didn't seem to react very strongly with the last set of beads I made.
I'll try and post pics somewhere of these beads as soon as they cool down. The Kronos appeared to be pretty ok - but I work with Boro a lot, so I'm spoiled as far as glass that "reacts" and grows crystals.

...and if anyone has some rods of their OTHER colors (rhubarb, nebula, etc) and wants to trade for either a rod of OR or Kronos (only double helix glass trades! If I wanted to sell it - I'd have done it on ebay and made enough money to finally buy that pool ) PM me and I'll chit-chat with ya'll.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2006-06-24, 6:32pm
Cherine Perrin's Avatar
Cherine Perrin Cherine Perrin is offline
Cherine Perrin Glass
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,045
Default

It looks like nebula to me. Try e-mailing them pics and see if they can tell you. They are pretty friendly.

--Cherine
__________________
~ Cherine ~

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2006-06-25, 9:13am
FiredDesires's Avatar
FiredDesires FiredDesires is offline
tweetysweetie
 
Join Date: Jun 30, 2005
Location: Alaska, I was here first!
Posts: 1,854
Default

I have a sample pack of their glass that I bought months, months ago.....that looks like the one that is labeled Nebula.
__________________
I am NOT the authority on anything/everything, but as old as I am... and given the mistakes I've made? I've got a jump on most as to what IS right and what WON'T work!! ~CWeaver 2006


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:30pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Your IP: 3.234.210.89