Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-12, 11:16am

Default New Silver Color Pics

Ok... we are trying to post more pictures of what the colors do. Rocio got up early today to make these beads and anneal them for lunchtime picture taking.
In the first picture, the bead on the left is Rocio Silver Mist. The ends of the bead were more reduced to show the effects. The round bead on the right is Picasso SIlver Blue, a darker blue with stronger silver outlines.

The bead in this next photo is Chagall. It's a darker color with very strong silver effects. closer to Blue moon in boro. Using more O2 will lighten the color and encasing in clear will create even more effects.

The last picture is Monet Silver Amethyst. I need to take more pictures of this color in the sunlight.... where it has a dark transparent purple base to it.
This is a highly reactive color that will change depending on what glass it is put over. It can create metalic surface effects from Blue - purple - earth tones and greens. Encasing in clear or using in a twisty creates some nice effects as well as a surface decoration.

I hope this helps show what the colors are and do. We'll keep posting more info and pictures as we play some more.
Thanks!
Ron Jr. and Rocio

Last edited by R4GlassStudio; 2006-07-12 at 4:51pm.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:22am
Rose colored glasses…√

I can't wait to play with mine!! You are making me so impatient!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2006-07-12, 11:23am
Michelle Morrison-Geschke

Default Sorry, I should know this...

So, what kind of glass is this??? Gorgeous!!
Michelle

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Old 2006-07-12, 11:41am

It is 104 COE glass... made from scratch. It starts as "batch" that is why it takes a week to make. It is heated up to liquid, then the temp is dropped to push out the bubbles. Then it is heated to liquid again and the chemicals and silver are added in. A special flux is used to keep the silver from sinking down to the bottom. That is why all the glass from each colors batch, works the same. You can mix it with any 104 coe with no cracking problems. Encase it with clear, layer it over color, work it solid, use it for stringer design ...... completely up to you.
It's fun stuff.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:46am
Cheeky & Impervious

Where can it be purchased?

Default Yummmy!

Here are all the other things I should know...but don't!
(Sorry, I'm new at all this!)

Where do I get some?
How much is it?
Rod, Frit?
Details Please (and thank you too!)

Michelle

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Gone Fishing!

WOW... your fast!

I am drooling right now... I HAVE TO HAVE THESE COLORS! OMG OMG OMG! I LOVE IT!

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2006-07-12, 11:50am
Gone Fishing!

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Old 2006-07-12, 11:53am

Holly.... LOL.

Rods only right now, but we've been thinking of doing frit.
$25 per 1/4 lb.
$90 per pound
It's not on the web site yet, because the supply is limited and we don't want to over sell it by having a buy now button.
PM me for info.... or paypal orders over to me at.
ronjr@r4glassstudio.com

Last edited by R4GlassStudio; 2006-07-12 at 11:56am.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:59am

Default Any chance...

I'm so new at this...and broke from trying to set up a studio!

Can I get a rod of each color?? Would that come to 1/4 lb???

Michelle

and
New items!

Old 2006-07-12, 12:01pm
Surrounded by Trouble

It is really BEAUTIFUL Glass and I have a "few" new things made with it but I am not showing them till the Gathering.

Old 2006-07-12, 12:01pm
BrakerBeads

Ok...I'm in.

Where do you get it? I would love a website link please.
THANKS! NancyB

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2006-07-12, 12:03pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Michelle the rods are really pretty thin and the beautiful thing about this new glass is you don't need very much to get the stunning colors that Ron Jr. has shown above so a little does go along way. Most of what I have done I have use stringer with and gotten fantastic results with. As it is intense with the silver added into it. So maybe you can go in with someone else and purchase some.

Old 2006-07-12, 12:04pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakerBeads
Ok...I'm in.

Where do you get it? I would love a website link please.
THANKS! NancyB
Nancy you can PM or e-mail Ron Jr, and buy it directly from him. Mine was shipped super fast and he always has the best customer service.

Old 2006-07-12, 12:16pm
Gone Fishing!

CRUD.... ok... I am buying some... RON JR... will you please stop showing all these goodies. By the time I leave for the Gathering I am going to be broke and your going to have all my mula! ...hahaha....

RON JR = DIABLO!

Old 2006-07-12, 12:54pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I AM GETTING SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I need more glass. Ron Jr, honey, you're KILLIN' me here! ROFL!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2006-07-12, 3:32pm

I'm stalking the postman waiting for mine! Can't wait to play with it.
Carol

Old 2006-07-12, 3:58pm
boro color bender

Nice Ron... very nice! You were right... the purple is awesome!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-07-12, 4:26pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I ordered a few days ago and I asked for 2 colors in 1/8 pound increments for my 1/4 pound and he let me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Bead
I'm so new at this...and broke from trying to set up a studio!

Can I get a rod of each color?? Would that come to 1/4 lb???

Michelle

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2006-07-12 at 4:28pm.
Old 2006-07-12, 4:31pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Smiley dude! Where have you been??????????????????????

I can't wait to make some vessels out of this stuff. Seriously.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2006-07-12, 5:01pm
Storm Queen

When you did the pre-order for Rocio Silver Mist and Picasso SIlver Blue a week or so ago...when will those be shipped? Ya can't keep show'n unless your shippin'!!!! I'm also interested in the Monet Silver Amethyst....is it ready to ship now?
Amy

Old 2006-07-12, 5:17pm

Imust be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be --drool-- good, I must be --drool, I must drooooollllll, I must drooooooolllll, I will drool on it and it will all be mine! Oh hell I have to have some!
Jen
Old 2006-07-12, 6:57pm

Oh *hit! I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I've got to go see how much I have in my Paypal account.
The colors look delicious especially the amethyst! Yum!

Tracey

Listen to your inner voice. It knows what's it's talking about.
Old 2006-07-12, 8:26pm
Moving On

Okay, since I'm slobbering all over myself, and my brain has stopped working, how many colors are there? OMG, just what I need...MORE GLASSSSSSSS...aaaarrggghhh

Old 2006-07-12, 9:29pm
Storm Queen

Mine came today! FYI, the Olympia Rain glass is clear. This glass is BLUE!!! Already a good sign that it should be easier to get the color and reactions out of it.
Amy

Old 2006-07-13, 5:28am

Amy... that was great timing!!! Glad it got to you when it did. We have been shipping two times a day. We still have around 30 orders to ship. The first two colors were shown first, so those (Rocio Silver MIst and Picasso Silver Blue) will probably be sold out by the end of the day. We do have new batches melting now..... so if we run out we'll be able to start shipping those colors again in a few days.
Post pics of what you make!
Thanks!
Ron Jr.
Old 2006-07-13, 5:34am
DSDWC

Here is what the Roccio's silver mist looks like in reduced stringer work

Old 2006-07-13, 5:56am

Great Art Piece Trey!
Old 2006-07-13, 6:23am
Back from the Dark Side

Big slobbery drool!!! I want mine!

Gorgeous beads

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-07-13, 6:38am
ID10T Problem Solver

I love how many colors are you producing....any chance for a Ruby glass with silver?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***