Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-06-23, 6:20am
Life is change. Love it

Default Transparent coral/peach/apricot?

Is there such a thing? I have all the colours known to man, but I was searching for this colour yesterday and I don't think it exists in 104. Does it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-06-23, 7:10am

Hi Carolyn

I saw a Lauscha one at Flame Dame the other day. I haven't tried it but it looks pretty.

http://www.flamedame.com/newshop/ind...products_id=57

Becky

Last edited by beadmama; 2008-06-23 at 7:26am.
Old 2008-06-23, 7:22am

Lauscha makes a transparent peach. It's a beautiful shade, but I wish it were a bit darker.

Old 2008-06-23, 7:35am
Life is change. Love it

Thanks guys, that is very pretty, I'll have to get some. Are there any darker colours anywhere? If not, why not!!!

Old 2008-06-23, 7:38am

LAUSCHA MAKES A TRI COLOUR ROD THAT colour too... I bought some from luascha lady last week but I haven't tried it yet... with the white mixed in it will appear darker... actually moretti used to make that colour.

Lynne

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!
Old 2008-06-23, 7:53am

Thanks Becky. I also have transparent apricot from bullseye. (COE 90).

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-06-23, 7:59am
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl View Post
LAUSCHA MAKES A TRI COLOUR ROD THAT colour too... I bought some from luascha lady last week but I haven't tried it yet... with the white mixed in it will appear darker... actually moretti used to make that colour.

Lynne
I have the tricolour peach, and unfortunately it's the only tricolour that totally underwhelms me. It turns out very pale and washed out IMO

Old 2008-06-23, 8:00am
Life is change. Love it

How about mixing or layering? Anyone have any suggestions for that?

Old 2008-06-23, 8:05am
Back from the Dark Side

Good old Moretti pink is almost more peach than pink, almost the same color as the lauscha. Just experiment with layers...if you want completely transparent try it over a yellow maybe, that may push it over the edge to peach or apricot.

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2008-06-23, 6:09pm

Old Amber rose? (of course, good luck finding it at less than $$ )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-06-23, 6:15pm

I just happen to have some Amber Rose on my cluttered counter top...

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-06-23, 6:15pm
Life is change. Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Old Amber rose? (of course, good luck finding it at less than $$ )
Yes, I have about 1/2 rods left of it!

I'm really looking for something a little more towards the yellow side, sort of an apricot tone. I think I'll have to layer.

Ok, now I have another question. if I layer then etch, does the bead only show the top etched colour?

Old 2008-06-23, 6:33pm
Fire Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Yes, I have about 1/2 rods left of it!

I'm really looking for something a little more towards the yellow side, sort of an apricot tone. I think I'll have to layer.

Ok, now I have another question. if I layer then etch, does the bead only show the top etched colour?
Etching makes transparent colors translucent so you'll certainly see the color under. How much you'll see depends on the thickness of the top layer

Old 2008-06-23, 7:19pm
Corgi Cult Member

Not sure if any of these would work for you, but here's an old thread on peach:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ighlight=peach

I wonder if you could thinly encase carnelian over clear and get a decent peach? Never tried it, just a thought.

Old 2008-06-23, 9:28pm

What about CIm ,the new trans Pink Champagne?

karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-06-23, 10:29pm

What about BE sunset coral? It is a little dark.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-06-24, 10:06am
Ad astra per aspera

Val Cox had a really gorgeous peach color in Gaffer glass when she was getting cane pulled, but I don't know what batch color it was.

Before Val's color came along, I was layering Effetre 008 (transp. yellow) with 068 (transp pink) with some success. It works better with multiple layers, and it's much more convincing if it's etched. Val also had an apricot frit, and a thin layer of that in between the yellow and rose helped "push" the overall color.

Old 2008-06-25, 7:24am
Life is change. Love it

Thanks Karen, I'll try that

Old 2008-06-25, 10:20am
Flame Dame

Transparent striking red (Moretti) over ivory will give you a nice peachy color. It's really pretty is the red strikes right! I'm about to leave, but if you want a picture, just PM me and I'll send it over to you when I get back.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-06-25, 2:15pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

In 96 COE there's a transparent Uroboros color called Pink Champagne that is a lovely light peach color.