Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-04-06, 4:54pm
Borovangelist

On the road to figuring it out, maybe get some karma points and donate the experiments to BOC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2014-04-07, 12:01pm
Torching since 2004

Most definitely Karma points and any other points I can think of Already sent off 30 beads to BOC too

Old 2014-04-07, 12:03pm
Torching since 2004

I know that I didn't do that technique and I know I used frit and what I have been experimenting with was pulling a tiny stringer and dipping in frit and applying and then encasing but that is not working. Really frustrated that I don't remember how I did this and actually feel rather stupid.

Old 2014-04-07, 2:27pm
Torching since 2004

Some more pics:

Old 2014-04-07, 2:40pm

Is the frit all over the bead, then the red shard on top, then large dots of clear to sink through the red and show up the frit again?
Old 2014-04-07, 2:46pm
Torching since 2004

They were a half and half red on top and then a clear with blue frit and then the dots applied, I don't remember how I did the dots to keep the frit intact without smearing.

Old 2014-04-07, 4:54pm
Torching since 2004

It appears that I have made a huge mistake. I have made these beads in the past and apparently they were inspired by a set that I purchased from Dhea Powers husband back in 2008 and I had the recipe sitting with the set and the picture is actually not my beads but Dhea's husband. Now to find the set that I made which I swear that I did make. I have apologized the Dhea formally and feel like a fool. I appreciate everyone's help on this and the challenge can now be nixed. I will get this again, I did it once and will prove that I did.