Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-08-12, 3:39pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Photoshop Elements 6

I just loaded this on my laptop......any warnings from anyone before I play with it with some photos????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-13, 11:46am

I don't have 6 yet but I went from PE2 to PE5 recently and it is like I never used the program before in my life.
I am going crazy trying to figure out how to do just simple things like photomerge in it.
Luckily the library had several books on PE2. So I am hobbling along.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows. ~ Robert Frost
Old 2008-08-13, 5:52pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I see what you mean....I'd been using the free Photoshop 3.0......so simple....but limited...and now I am starting over!

Old 2008-08-13, 6:42pm
Sandi

I have been using P.E. 6.0 for 6+ months and I love it but I learn something new constantly. I joined this organization plus subscribed to the magazine and I received the first mag. the other day and I learned some new shortcuts from it.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/

Sandi

Old 2008-08-14, 8:23am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Just took a look at the site you mentioned.....now I'm in the corner with a dunce cap....I don't even understand the subject line of questions they are asking in the forum...

Old 2008-08-14, 10:27am
Dead man walking

Lynn,

I work for Adobe and saw this post so I thought I would hit you with a RAOGK that will help you out. Keep a look out in your mail, it will be coming ground.

Jason
Old 2008-08-14, 11:23am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Oh, Jason! Help with PSE 6!! I can't wait!! I did manage to figure out what I was doing wrong with the save for web process.....I posted them in the Gallery for today.....but how do I get the shadows and glare to go away??????

Old 2008-08-14, 2:46pm
Dead man walking

Not sure without getting into a whole photo editing trouble shooting online with you so I sent you the PS Elements 6 Classroom in a book which should take you through soup to nuts how to use it. I sent it ground, it shipped today, so you should get it soon.
Old 2008-08-19, 2:36pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Thanks, Jason! The book arrived today = Photoshop Elements 6 Classroom! What a resource! Thanks so much for your RAOGK - I'm off to load the CD!

Old 2008-08-19, 5:15pm
Detail G-Mama!

Lynn, you are so lucky! As you know, I have it now and thanks to Janet's help I got what I needed done but I never would have without it! Hey Jason, do they make a "dummies" book out there PSE6?

Old 2008-08-19, 5:58pm
Dead man walking

Adobe Press doesn't have that but someone else wrote one. You can get it on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Elem...9193770&sr=8-1

Of course, if you want the same book I got Lynn, I can hook you up. I haven't checked it out so you can ask Lynn what is in it and if she likes it (once she has a chance to peruse it )
Old 2008-08-19, 6:07pm
Detail G-Mama!

Well that is so nice of you Jason! I can let ya know how it is! My email is aricketts@austin.rr.com! Thanks again!!

Old 2008-08-20, 2:29pm
Sandi

I would definitely be interested in knowing how to purchase the book you sent Lynn...there are so many books out there you never know which one to buy.

Lynn, let us know how the book is please!

Thanks,
Sandi

Old 2008-08-20, 6:18pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I've just done a bit of it.....it comes with a CD that is Project Based Learning.....it steps you thru a task (simple-complex) and I'm betting that ultimately you use every aspect of functionality in PSE6. It's truly laymen terminology.....gives good definitions of the feature you are working with.....so far, I'm really liking it!

Old 2008-08-20, 6:22pm
Detail G-Mama!

Well laymen equals me! Sounds like something I can understand!

Old 2008-08-21, 4:59am
Dead man walking

This is the book I sent Lynn:

http://www.adobepress.com/bookstore/...sbn=0321524659
Old 2008-08-21, 5:02am
Dead man walking

I just checked Amazon and they have the same book for not too much over my employee pricing so that would be the best place to purchase unless you find someplace cheaper. It was around $23.99
Old 2008-08-21, 8:54pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I did some basic editing tonight....photos taken today with our granddaughter, Kates & our Susan. There must be a glitch in the software - somehow it makes my hair look gray.....I'm sure it's still the same copper auburn that our little Buglet has!

All in all, the increased quality of the photos (considering the photographer) is amazing. I especially liked the detail contrast that now shows between Kates and Bumble the Cat!

Thanks again, Jason!

Old 2008-08-22, 4:22am
Detail G-Mama!

Lynn what a cutie!! Hey, I thought those were blonde highlights! That's what mine are in my dark brown hair! Good job on the pics!

Old 2008-08-22, 8:06am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I, too, thought they were blonde highlights until PSE 6 came into play.....what a nice job it does with "fixing" a photo without changing the colors. Once I take some reasonable photos of beads, I'm sure they are going to look great after they take a stroll thru PSE 6 Land - just improved photo quality and no changing of colors.

Our little Kates is a treasure - she's our first grandchild....and our Susan is the younger of our 2 kids at age 35 - we were thinking it would never happen.....the news of Kates was one of our Christmas gifts from Susan & Bob....it was the family gift!

Old 2008-09-25, 11:24am
addicted to dichro

Is the 6.0 a lot different than the 4.0? I'm getting a new computer tommorow and the 4.0 only works for the old Windows XP.

Old 2008-09-25, 5:23pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyjw View Post
Is the 6.0 a lot different than the 4.0? I'm getting a new computer tommorow and the 4.0 only works for the old Windows XP.
Not sure - my laptop that has PSE 6 is new....on the old laptop I had the free download of PS.....