TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: What kind of glass is your primary medium?
Boro 62 11.68%
Satake 2 0.38%
COE 104 411 77.40%
COE 96 20 3.77%
COE 90 34 6.40%
Other 2 0.38%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-09, 11:45pm
I know, I can't spell

according to the poll I am likemost and use COE 104. I hope that the person who gets this glass enjoys it and I hope that you get the correct glass that you need too.

Soon new stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-10, 9:25am
I speak Murrini!

I've tried out a couple of other COEs...I found that, in the heat of creative excitement, I tended to get a couple mixed up (crack!) and the frustration of space restraints and keeping them separate was annoying - I've switched over to 104 only, and am a happy clam! There are a few colors I really WISH were available in 104 that are available in other COE's, but I make due!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-10, 9:45am

Mostly 104, I have tried bullseye and now I have a new torch I am gradually trying boro.

Debbie
Old 2008-10-12, 9:23am
No Problem!

We keep around 33, 96 and 104. Shani works 104 and 96. I default to boro lately but I like to try and keep up an equal relationship almost like the different coe's are my kids. I want them to know that I love them all the same. Naturally they each have their strong points.
Spending lots of time on intricate 104 mandrel beads really helped to inspire designs in boro and vice versa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-12, 10:23am
passionate about pets

104 for me.

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-10-12, 11:40pm

104 and BE. Some 96.
=)

Old 2008-10-15, 12:49pm

hey you must have been with me when I bought the 96 clear fusing glass last year!!

Haven't figured out what the heck I am going to do with it..

Wanna trade some of your twisties for some bullseye?? Maybe I can decorate some of this with twisties and make candle thingies out of it??

I adore bullseye and have a laudry soap bucket of it's "normal" color's, odd lots and I have a box hidden of "odd lots" that someday I might be able to play with. LOL

I have a bucket of 104 that I got to play with on my HH and it's fun, but the colors that BE puts out just make me drool drool and dribble even

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-10-15, 1:15pm

I just realized that this thread was pulled back up and it's a very very OLD thread to start out with. LOL

Funny, guess I best look at the thread START date before responding from now on..

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-10-20, 9:57am
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Since I'm primarily a fuser and secondly play with lampwork, my studio includes 104, 96 AND 90. Fun, huh? Love Vetro Odds, love CIM (especially Elphaba odd #2!)

Got tons of sheet glass in 90 and 96 and tons of rods & frit & all other kind of stuff!

love it all

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2008-10-20, 1:39pm

I use 104coe but also love 96coe because then I can use Frit with abandon! (I'm a frit ho!) So I do have both & do wonder sometime if I could switch to all 96, but 104 keeps coming out with such cool stuff! So for now, it looks like it will be both for me.
ginger
Old 2008-10-20, 5:01pm
burnin' glass just becuz

i use mostly 104, then some 94-96 furnace glass. would love to try satake at some point too... once i finally finish trying all my current colors of course

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2008-10-21, 4:48am
...loves glass

104 all the way

Jona

Old 2009-09-02, 6:36pm

104, 96 and 90....glass is ALL wonderful!
Old 2009-09-03, 6:48am
Just at the begining

90/96 are my main glass only because I'm also mainly a fuser, I have very little 104 glass maybe 20LBS, but I have 900 to 1000 lbs of other glass including non fusible glass.
Old 2009-11-05, 4:19pm

All 104 for me also! I'm on a hot head. It is very sweet of you to share your glass with others.

My Facebook
Old 2009-11-05, 4:49pm
Formerly FishBulb

I voted, then realized this is an ancient thread! Ah well.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-11-05, 4:58pm
Senior Moment

I'm a boro brat. Occasionally I cross over to the other side and play with soft glass........but the dark side draws me back!!

Old 2009-11-06, 6:37pm
Queen Bee

I use mostly 104, but I also love 90 and 96. Gotta love the BE colors.....but I don't believe I've met a glass I didn't like!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-11-06, 9:26pm
Lampworkaholic!

Old thread or not, it's fun to read what people are using. I use 104 because I am addicted to Silver Glass and use it in almost every bead, 96 because I love the Raku colors and the frit, and Bullseye because the pinks are to die for and it is so nice for sculpting. I was really happy to learn that 96 frit also works with Bullseye. I've also started buying some boro but I want to take a class before I start melting it.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-11-11, 6:20am

It's even more fun to realize things like I've added 95 coe (shampoo glass) to my cabinet, right next to the Kinari-128, I still haven't managed to add any Satake (what is wrong with me??) & there's (omg...I'm admitting it) four lonely rods of boro (*gasp*) sitting under my shelf--(they're my brother's I SWEAR!!) 'cause now I have a CRICKET!!!...but...I'm finding myself tempted to melt the boro....if he doesn't hurry up & USE the damn things, I *might* try turning them into a bead! (they're supposed to be so he can try making himself a keychain )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-11-15, 9:29pm

104 for this newbie.

Old 2009-11-23, 10:41pm

i use 104. Moretti always, though i wouldnt mind branching out soon
Old 2010-11-26, 10:37pm
Redbearmountain

All 104 for me at the present time, but who knows in the future!
Old 2011-08-28, 1:59pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

Just 104 at the moment.

Old 2011-08-28, 7:23pm
Student!

using 104 now but hoping to try some boro soon.
Old 2011-08-29, 8:08am

learned on 104 and thought it was too soupy.

found a box of 96 shorts in the back of the class and switched right there.

So mostly 96 but got a hella deal on some 104 from a garage sale, so now I have both!
Old 2011-08-29, 10:27am

104 but I am have a start on boro and bullseye and 96 also lol.

Old 2011-08-29, 6:38pm
Debra Clutter

I voted 104 as it is the one I use the most, but I have 96 and 33. I use to have some bullseye but I sold it. I kind of miss it. I am like some of the others that have posted. I was a fuser first so I have both 90 and 96 fusible glass still. I kind of envy those whom only have one coe. I had a guy at the glass craft expo say "Oh you are one of those" when I bought some boro and he asked me what COE I use.

I thought about his response and thought, yeah I am one of those that likes to try everything to see what works for me. I am always curious, what is wrong with that? Always seeking, always learning!

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-09-01, 3:38am
Bead Artist

Mostly Lauscha