Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-10-20, 1:08pm
da General

And all I was saying was that saving an enormous amount of time wouldn't mean anything if using Sludge Plus and having, say, 20% of my long beads stuck on the mandrel. That would be more a waste of time and effort, as well as lots of expensive silver glass.

Guess we all have to determine what works best for each of us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-20, 2:36pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Good for you.

Old 2009-10-20, 3:43pm

I've never used or seen one of these things, so what's the outer surface? Is is supposed to be diamond encrusted, or what? ... or is it proprietary and to tell me would cost me my life??

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-10-20, 5:07pm

User testimonials:

I LOVE my beadreamer! I've had it for years and used it hard so I'm getting another one!!!!

Hi Dave!! Oh my goodness...I am in heaven. Usually my husband cleans all of my beads for me and he was away this week so I was lucky enough to be able to clean beads...and wow! I love your beadreamers! It cleans out the bead release really fast too! I had 60 long focals cleaned lickety split. And the best part is the end of the beadreamer...no scratching around the hole from the diamonds on the end...genius design!!! I can't tell you how many beads I have messed up from the diamond bit hitting a part of the bead. I am so stoked and need to go make more beads to clean. lol. The transparent beads come out soooo clean too. I have to tell you that while I was cleaning the beads tonight I kept saying this is my favorite new tool!

Take Care,
Fay / PaintingWithGlass

I really love my 3 beadreamer tools. I just got done cleaning 30 beads in just a couple of minutes.
I don't even mind changing collets to go from one size to another because all I have to do is just think back at how terrible it used to be without these beadreamers. To make the collet changing easier, I put each collet on the bottom of the particular size beadreamer that it fits into the Dremel with and put it back into the little case they come in. That way, I don't have to hunt for the right size every time I change the collet.
That's my helpful hint of the day and it's free, lol.
Also, thank you for the advice you gave me about putting some bead release into a pill bottle before dilluting it. It also helps to get the bead release shaken well before using it in a small container, (I'm using a little film container).
Thanks for everything, and I'm glad to see you have such a wonderful warranty on your product.

St John 3:16 / BeadDesignsByCarol

Love it!
Works like a charm. Got my minimite from Amazon for 26.99 no shipping charge.

(Gotta put some more stuff up on ebay so I can get other sizes!)

-Marjo

Originally Posted by Afterdark
Hi Dave-

These puppies work like a charm! It has made cleaning beads....Fun!! In a sick kind of way.... (LOL)

Just a quick question as I have used mine for about 3-4 months and I have noticed the diamond is wearing down big time- What's your average expected life on these? (I'm a whimpy part time bead maker too)
I was hoping they would wear a bit longer but for the convience of making bead cleaning fun I would gladly buy 3-4 a year for the time saved.

Which brings me to an order!

$27.95 for the 1/16 - (2 ea.)

and $29.95 for the 3/32 - (1 each) to replace my used and abused one. ;-}

5/64 - (1 each) for the rods I never use cuz I don't have an easy beadreamer cleaner.

Thanks kindly-

--AfterDark again, After my response and offer of replacement...
Dave-
Good to hear...I still got some dimond on the bottom half so I wasn't about to throw it out until I had a new puppy in my hand! Anything is better that the old way, even a defective bit!
Thank you for your quick response and 100% guarentee!! It's been the "Cats meow" for me as my time is few and I have so many fun beads to try- Who wants to waste precious bead time on cleaning yuck bead poop!

Thanks

The Beadreamer is absolutely as great as everyone said it is! I got mine last week and have cleaned over a hundred beads with it. I used to dread cleaning beads, and now I don't mind at all. It is so fast and easy! I am amazed at how quick and simple the Beadreamer is to use! Thanks, Dave, and thanks for answering all my silly questions about Dremel and Mini Mites, etc.

Pam / daisydog7 (Who actually had shrinking mandrels! Search LE for that story... )

Got my Beadreamer and I have to say that the most hated job of cleaning out bead release has become most enjoyable. Used to take me a looooong time, but not now.

Thanks so much,

Jeanette

i used the beadreamer for the first time today and was astounded at how clean and smooth it leaves the holes with just one swipe through each side. the transparents look absolutely polished and clear and not rough like they did before the beadreamer. wow, this is the ultimate way to clean beads for an inside hole that is as smooth as the outside of the bead...kath / polka dottie

I finally broke down and purchased the Beadreamer (1/16) and I love it...so much so that I am going to order the 3/32 also. Thanks for making such a great product...sure makes cleaning beads a whole lot easier.

Sandi / beadandi

We watched this in action at the retreat this weekend and let me tell ya... it was hot item! Dave, thanks for coming down and showing it to us! I'm gonna place my order soon.

Melissa / Villa Design

I love mine!

Susan- / scouncil

I am bumping this up 'cuz I just tried the 1/16 BeaDreamer and I am so freakin' in love with this cleaning tool. It is rocking my world.

I just may have to clean ALL my beads again now to get them this damn clean inside. And FAST - oh my gawd!

Also, I ordered this tool on 1/7 and I received it today (1/11) with much email communication from Dave on the billing/shipping thing, as well. He takes paypal, too.

I have absolutely no affiliation with Dave and most of you probably don't care what I think (LOL!), but I saw Kim Neely's first mention of this tool a couple of years ago and he was out of them for a while, then I forgot about it. Life, you know. Until I saw his announcement of this January sale.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming now. Some of you are probably busy watching Grey's Anatomy - I think tool should be called McBeaDreamy!! LOL!!

peace,

-danagirl

Dave,

I got the reamers you sent me last week. They are so Awesome. I really appreciate your customer service! BTW: The "large" one works great! Combining your tool with the 7.2v Cordless Dremel and a warm bowl of water makes quick work of cleaning the beads. And it does the job much better than the tapered reamers I tried before I got your tools.

Thanks again!

These are GREAT!!! I got one of each about a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier with them!!!! Worth every penny - even if they are not on sale!!!

Dave I got mine yesterday, thank you so much. If your looking for great bead reamers Dave is the guy to get them from. He was so patient and helpful answering all my questions.

O.M.G.!!! This thing is absolutely amazing!!!! Dave, why didn't I get one of these sooner?? LOL!!!

Y'all, if you don't have one, I can honestly say this is THE bit for cleaning your beads. Absolutely amazing!

Thanks, so much, Dave.

Smiles,
Priss / ms-priss

I just received my 1/16 Beadreamer on Friday. I finally gave it a try yesterday. I love this thing!

To tell you the truth I was somewhat hesitant to purchase one because of the price but now I know it was worth every penny!

I really didn't think there would be that much of a difference but there it is! I love the length also - I'm starting to work with bigger beads and it is so much easier to clean them.

Thank you so much for an incredible product! I'll be ordering the 3/32 size next!

I finally used mine, and I absolutely love it!! So worth every penny!!!
Lori / lorleek

Yeeha Dave! more converts!!

I love my 3/32 EVEN MORE than the 1/16, which I have nicknamed McBeadreamy..

Enjoy, everyone!!

-dana / danagirl

McBeadreamy! I love it! And I love my McBeadreamy and McBeadreamy Jr.

Hi Dave,

I just tried the 1/16 Beadreamer and LOVED IT! I just ordered the 3/32 one These are wonderful people!

Thanks Dave!

Dawn / Mustang Dawn

Mine arrived - wooo hooo, and I gave the 3/32 a run - great! So glad I bought them both and I'll be back after they've run out of energy!

Sadie / SadiesJewels

Thanks to a recommendation by MaryBeth in another thread, I just ordered your 1/16" bit... can't wait to get it. I just went through another $5 bit w/ around 20 small beads...THAT'S rediculous! I think your bit is going to be the answer to my prayers!

Thanks Dave!

love love love the beadreamers - i got both sizes and it not only cuts my time in half but in quarters - man, cleaning beads has never been easier. thanks.

swamper

I have the 3/32 and no longer use anything else! It makes cleaning beads soooo easy.

lldesigns

Got mine awhile ago...sorry it took so long to come and comment, things get busy around here this time of year.

I LOVE THEM!!!! Absolutely love them...they really work!

Thanks Dave, you made a really great product that really does make things easier...

Diana / Chapter1

I just ordered the 3/32.
I have the 1/16 and I love it! Thanks again!

Mary Beth / marybeth

I just got the 1/16" reamer the other day. Looooooove it!!! Cleaned about 30 beads in record time. I had to go for the 3/32"!

Thank you, Dave, I got mine today. Once you use these, guys, you won't be happy with any other kind. I need all the help I can get to make my beads look better, so now, at least my holes are nice.

splynda

These beadreamers are the best - once you use them, you won't ever use anything else they are so good. I first thought they were expensive, but after I bought a couple and tried them out, I've been hooked ever since. (For starters, the time they save me in cleaning beads makes them a very good bargain). Their quality, coupled with Dave's customer service is truly fantastic.

tassiebeads

I LOVE these. I have both sizes. I use to HATE cleaning my beads, now I actually LOVE to!! It's SO worth the money!

Karen Richard

Hi Dave!

I LOVE these beadreamers! Thanks for the speedy order processing and shipment - you rock!

Best,
Deborah

Hi Dave

I got my 5 in yesterday's post and am, as always, absolutely thrilled with them.

I just finished a 3 day craft fair and was thinking about how much time the little beadreamers had saved me in cleaning all the beads for all the pieces I had for sale. Also, how spotlessly clean the beads are.

Thanks again, Dave, you've got an excellent product in these little things - a big recommendation from me to anyone who wants quality results, time-saving, and ease of use.
Cheers
Mary / tassiebeads

...This is such a great sale on these terrific beadreamers, I can't imagine doing beading without them.
Many thanks again.
Mary / tassiebeads

I tried the reamers last night on 200+ beads with my Foredom flexishaft WOW usually I manually cleaned them in 2 days I'm very impressed how quick and easy to use. 1 of the best tool I ever bought.

Thank you Dave for creating them

I love these tools... ...I just had to pipe in here tho and say how good it is to see you posting again and how absolutely neccasary this little bit is to my beadmaking abilitys

Wendyki

Last edited by DaveF; 2009-10-22 at 12:09am.
Old 2009-10-20, 5:23pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

Hayley also did not mention that I took a long time to get a custom length BeaDreamer she ordered to her, so I on Oct. 9, 2007, I refunded $19.00 by way of apology for fumbling her order.
Dave - with all due respect, my issue with your tool was that the fine print was NOT made clear when I purchased the tool. It's probably a fine tool for those who don't use Foster Fire but I wish it was made known when I ordered mine. . . thus I think it's important to bring that up in this thread.

As for my not mentioning that you refunded 50% of the cost of the custom length beadreamer I ordered . . . that's because I was trying to be nice and not mentioned that it took FOUR months for my order to arrive!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-20, 6:02pm
Mary Lockwood

6 years ago I ordered a pack of 5 diamond coated, off-brand reamer bits for my dremel. I bought them from a bulk seller on ebay. Would never remember the store name if my life depended on it.

A few weeks ago I changed to my second bit out of that pack. At this rate, that pack of bits will last me until I'm 62.

However, if I WERE in the market for some reamer bits this thread would not have dissuaded me from ordering from Dave. At first when I read that people were upset at how fast the coating wears off I kinda cringed and thought--not for me. Then I realized that these people were cleaning a LOT of beads. Big ones too. I make about 500-600 beads a year. LOL Granted, they are big ones. But if I get 1500 beads cleaned on one of these bits that's 3 years for me.

Doesn't seem like enough of an issue to be upset about since I do use Foster Fire S&T and would not switch just to prolong the life of a reamer bit. My choice...as was stated.

1500-2000 beads seems like a lot to me.

~~Mary

Old 2009-10-20, 6:06pm
Mary Lockwood

Want to add that I think being able to discuss this stuff out in the open is important.

I was able to make an informed decision about this BECAUSE there was a public discussion AND the vendor himself participated in it. If this venue was not as widely read...we might never have heard from the vendor directly because he wouldn't have been aware of the discussion.

Much better to do it this way than have word of mouth traveling about that you can't respond to, Dave.

People meet up at classes, bead meetings, gatherings, conferences and they talk. The same things said in this thread could be said in person or to a group anywhere at any time and you'd have not input at all. Here...you do.

It works.

~~Mary

Old 2009-10-21, 10:42pm

WTH, Dave! Why are you bringing up my posts???

First of all, not once did I even mention your product, directly or indirectly.

Second, I never claimed that Lasco's burs were sintered. Please go back an read my posts.

Third, if you do a search, you'll find numerous sources of sintered dental burs that are not brass.

Fourth, I never made any claim or statement regarding your product's quality and/or construction, and I don't appreciate your implication to the contrary.

The information I posted was correct, and I'll thank you to please not include me in your discussion of which I was not a participant.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-10-21, 11:03pm
Ad astra per aspera

Just for the record, I've been using a 50/50 blend of Fosterfire (original-regular, not S&T) with Fusion for the last 8 years. It holds the way I need it to for my crazier beads (Flutters and other manipulations). I had Jeff's Inspiration bead reamers in 3/32 and 1/16 since they were introduced, give or take a few months. I loaned the 3/32 to others and the diamond was gone when I got it back. The "others" were cleaning boro beads, though. The 1/16" reamer is still going strong. I bought a 3/32" BeaDreamer 2-3 years ago, and it's been perfect ever since. I'll probably need a new one next year-ish, maybe.

I do miss the cone on Jeff's version, but I love the flat side on the newer version, too. I still use my original 1/16" if I have a "bad" end that can be corrected easily.

Last edited by DesertDreamer; 2009-10-21 at 11:05pm.
Old 2009-11-01, 9:57am
Resident Luny

I just used the ones I got from Rio, they work great but they are too wide! I make 1.25" long beads and the reamer won't fit all the way through and gets stuck. MAN I miss my old one, but I have no way to find that guy..... These will work, they just need more care.

I have a HUGE bottle of foster fire and half a huge bottle of bucket of mud, so I won't be changing to sludge plus anytime soon.

I'm sorry to see this thread get a little angry. Info, for and against, has been great in my quest to replace my reamers. I guess I just need to get a 1/16", I had no idea that my old one WAS a 1/16", I used it on everything.

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.

Last edited by lunesse; 2009-11-01 at 10:01am.