Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-04-10, 8:08pm
@miniuniworld

Would a large porcelain tile work? Is that consider ceramic?
I found 18x18 ones at Loews for $6 =) Dark gray...
Old 2012-04-13, 5:37pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I have a slab of marble from an old baker's rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*f

Old 2012-04-13, 7:25pm
@miniuniworld

I found a stainless steel table on Craigslist for $50 =) so I will use that and if it is too hard to see, I will use the 18x18 porcelain tile on top of it.
Old 2012-04-28, 7:28pm
Dynamic Duo

We use an old victorian bakers table. Enameled metal top that was used to roll your dough on, knead bread, etc. For second station I use a commercial freezer door (stainless steel) that I found, sitting it on adjustable metal saw-horses from home depot.

Old 2012-04-29, 7:04am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I was going to use ceramic tile, but DH talked me into trying Metal Supermarkets first. They cut and bent me a piece of 16 gauge steel 70" wide that covers my back wall (mounted with a 1/2" airspace behind it for further insulation) my torch bench, and a 1" lip that covers the raw edge of the plywood bench top. Came to $130, plus a can of primer & 2 cans of heat resistant paint, so under $150 total for a 2-torch bench that's as safe as I could get it.

I added 2 black granite 12 x 12 tiles under the torches for marvering.

L-111

Old 2012-05-01, 12:15pm
Practicing perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Crazy View Post
I have the stainless steel table from Ikea and I love it. I've had it for about 5 years and it is holding up very well. Here is a pic...
This is a great table, I'm going to have to go check it out. I was thinking about getting another workbench.