Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-12-16, 10:16pm

Default HELP!! With Pictures

Does anyone know how to superimpose I guess the word is another words take two people from one picture and two from another and put them in one photo? I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0 and I need to do this BAD !! FAST !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-12-17, 5:43am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hey sweetie,

I was just browsing, I cant really explain how to do it, I am really really busy right now, beside, I dont use Element, I use CS2.

But I can do it for you, just send the pics via PM or email me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-01-04, 8:35am

Elizabeth, There are a a lot of way to do that. The best way is to use the pen tool and knock out the background ( or select what your saving ). But the pen tool is Tuff to explain and a hard tool to master with out seeing how to use it first hand.

So here is a way thats a little less complicated. It's Done with the Layer Masks.

Cut and paste the two images together.

Set up your layer pallet with the back ground under the image your going the knock out. If the back ground is on top of of your foreground, click & hold a layer and drag it up or down. Click on the layer mask buttom at the bottom. This will give you the box next to the layer 2 icon. Now using the Brush tool and black and white colors you can paint a mask that will block out what you want.

In my example, I set Layer one to multiply. Then erased the background out of the bead. The reason I set it to multiply was to save the shadow. But you can work the layer mask on ether layer. If you make a mistake while painting the mask just switch from black to white and erase the mask.

Ajusting the opacity on layer 2 helped to soften and blend the shadow.

After your happy, you will need to flatten the Layers. To do this, Click & hold on the arrow point at the top right hand corner. This will open a Dialogue box. There you will find the FLATTEN IMAGE command.

I don't know if elements has this tool but check it out.

I hope this helps.
Scott

ESTY

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2007-01-04 at 9:03am.
Old 2007-01-04, 2:25pm

Ok now for the samething with people.

Then I do the same on layer 1

Now its a lot eazy'er if the photos have the same background. But If not you will need to do the same thing with a third layer as a back ground.

Use a brush with a nice feather for the edges . The hair will be the hardest to work. Just work it so it looks as clean as possible.

After you flatten the image you can use the blurr tool hi-lighted in red on the last photo to blend the edges. If you look at his right shoulder you can see a slight white line. The blurr tool would fix that right up.

Now the reason the pen tool is a better way to go. Is once you have knocked out the backgrounds you have greater control. Example: if these two were shot together, there would be a cast shadow on the woman from the man. If I had knocked them out totally. I could have created it and put it in.

Scott

ESTY

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2007-01-14 at 11:24am.
Old 2007-01-24, 8:37pm

Thank you Scott!!!!!!!!!!!

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2007-01-24, 10:25pm

Scott... not sure why I haven't noticed this until now but thank you VERY MUCH That was wonderful. Maybe we need to get the mods to make that part a tutorial... it is excellent !!