Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

View Poll Results: What diameter of Effetre Handpulled works good?
3-4mm 9 13.85%
4-5mm 20 30.77%
5-6mm 43 66.15%
6-7mm 18 27.69%
7-8mm 7 10.77%
8-9mm 4 6.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-02, 2:22pm

Default What Diameter of Effetre Handpulled works good?

When we receive handpulled Effetre color we get many different diameters. To better serve you with the best prices please take our poll and tell us which of the following sizes work well for you. You may place as many as 6 different answers.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-04-02, 5:25pm
"Sinners have soul too"

As long as it doesn't have a hole running through it, I say 6-8

If it's really expensive and shocky and has a hole running through it, thinner works better... or at least the pieces of hot flying glass are smaller.

Old 2014-04-03, 6:47am

I am good with any diameter, as long as there are no holes. The holes make the glass almost useless to me - and because the handpulled is expensive, it makes me mad when I get any diameter that has holes running through it. I prefer about 7mm, but I will take anything without holes.

Old 2014-04-03, 10:41am
Evil Glass Enabler

I'm happy with any diameter though I also prefer not to have holes. If it has holes I want cheap since I'm going to be losing part of it.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2014-04-03, 12:15pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I am so stoked I am not alone in getting mad about expensive wasted glass due to the holes.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-04-07, 6:22pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Holes mean up to 50% frit.....so cost per pound doubles in my mind???I vote NO HOLES!!

Old 2014-04-10, 3:58pm

Default 4-7mm with No Bubbles

Hello everyone. This poll has told me that 5-6mm is the preferred size.

The problem is that we do not get those sizes only. We get 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 11-12 and even up to 20mm in diameter.

In our catalog we state that the diameter of the handpulled glass is 4-7mm.

To get this size we cut all of the color into thirds. I start by placing the 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7mm sized rods into a bin. Then I move into the 3-4mm and pull the larger diameter and then move on to the 7-8mm and pull the smallest ones. All this combined make up the 4-7mm sizes we offer in Handpulled Effetre Colors.

Sometimes the percentage of handpulled glass that we get in 5-6mm sizes might be 50%, but we have also gotten it to be only 5%.

Shopping in our fun house will get you the 3mm, 8mm and larger diameters at really great prices.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-04-10, 7:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

My guess is, we all don't really care what diameter it is as long as it doesn't have holes in it creating frit on a stick for us. There is really nothing more annoying when you're making beads than having your $60 a pounds glass shock and pop and shatter every where so that you end up wasting more than you actually use.

I could be wrong though.

Old 2014-04-22, 7:26pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Nope.....right on square from my perspective and budget!

Quote:
My guess is, we all don't really care what diameter it is as long as it doesn't have holes in it creating frit on a stick for us. There is really nothing more annoying when you're making beads than having your $60 a pounds glass shock and pop and shatter every where so that you end up wasting more than you actually use.

I could be wrong though.

Old 2014-04-22, 7:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Nope.....right on square from my perspective and budget!