Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2016-04-07, 9:20pm

Default Lewis Wilson teaching this summer

I will be teaching June 4-5 in Tucson at the Sonoran Glass School; Aug 6-7 in Golden at Glasscraft ; Aug 20-21 in Seattle at Boroschool; and Sept 10-11 at Glass Resort in Fredrick , Maryland.
The classes are hands on and are two days. I am teaching the same class in four states. I hope one is close to you. The classes vary in price, so you will need to check each location.
Day one covers five different ways of doing wings. For dragons, fairys, anything. Then small fantasy. Dragon, wizard, and other fantasy designs. Also day one will be aquatic designs. Dolphin, shark, octopus. Plastic animals and toys will be used as examples . The last part of day one will show three ways of doing hooks for pendants. The last demo of the first day is my wife, Barb, doing a hibiscus flower.
The second day will start with a different flower by Barb. Then students will make flowers. Barb is my TA. The flowers are followed by the human form. I pretty much will teach doing it as I have been taught by Lucio Bubbaco and Emiliano Santini. After lunch the horse body will be taught, then a quick lecture with hand outs to show how anyone can easily make a very nice chess set. The last demo of the day will be an eagle dancer.
Old 2016-07-14, 8:57am

We have had to cancel the class at The Glass Resort. Sorry for the inconvenience.