No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-11-17, 10:12am

Default My studio

Here are pictures of my studio.

Lyne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My etsy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Facebook page

Last edited by songe; 2014-01-05 at 12:22pm.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:04am
Loving learning

beautiful!
Old 2013-11-17, 12:44pm
Judy Nelson

Amazing, it's hard For me to remember what an uncluttered surface looks like.
You are an inspiration.
Old 2013-11-17, 3:21pm
Slogan Challenged...

Beautiful, and so bright!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-11-17, 4:15pm

Thanks everyone. It is indeed a beautiful space and I am so grateful to be able to enjoy it; the view is even nicer in the summer when the backyard perrennial borders are in bloom and the pool is open (that's the black tarp you see outside) ... soon, all will be white!

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-11-17, 4:29pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Wow, so nice and neat and beautiful and bright!!! Love it!!!!

Old 2013-11-17, 7:56pm

Wow! That is a great workspace!
Old 2013-11-18, 5:35pm

Thanks Glassymom and DeevaaS.

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-11-18, 5:53pm

Very pretty! I love all the light.

Old 2013-12-04, 4:30pm

Beautiful! Wish my house was so neat....lol
Old 2013-12-05, 4:47pm

It is wonderful! I just love all of the windows!

Jen
Old 2013-12-11, 2:25pm

Very nice setup, so clean and fresh

But i have no idea how you keep your beautiful floor, rug and table from burning, when i make beads i always have rods that blow up on me, hot glass flying everywhere

Magma Beads .

Old 2013-12-11, 5:44pm

Thanks! The table is covered with ceramic tiles in the corner where my torch is. I also get the stuff flying and I believe it has more respect for the floor and rug than it has for my body!

The carpet is dark and burns don't show. So far so good for the floors. Oh .. people, don't believe that it is always that clean .... we dressed up for the picture of course.

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Last edited by songe; 2013-12-22 at 10:52pm.
Old 2013-12-11, 7:09pm
Remember to keep smiling

What a beautiful workspace and all those windows letting in the light has to be an awesome plus. If you don't mind sharing your info on your exhaust system set up. I'm looking for something easy to set up in a window

SRA#P109
Old 2013-12-12, 3:07pm

Beautiful!

Mary Ann
DAUGHTER OF THE KING!
Loving life and Lampworking

Old 2013-12-12, 7:28pm

Beautiful! Jealous of all the windows, my studio's in the basement and the window is blocked off by the ventilation going out of it, lol!
Old 2013-12-12, 9:05pm

Thanks! I do feel so priviledged to have such a wonderful space to work in.

Paula, my setup was inspired by the following page http://hotglasschick.com/stuff/

I ordered an inline fan (8 inches) on ebay. I got the adjustable speed control with it and do use it as I must say that when on full strength, the fan is almost too strong! As I had not found the same type of "funnel", I used adjustable metal parts found in the heating and ventilation section at Rona (equivalent to Lowes). I later saw some lampshades at IKEA that could be used for the inside "funnel" with some adjustments to the opening part that would connect to the fan. My terminology may be off but I hope you understand what I mean (I am francophone).

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-12-13, 7:42am
Remember to keep smiling

Thank you Lyne for sharing I am going to go check it out now. Enjoy your new studio

SRA#P109
Old 2013-12-19, 6:16pm
Pincel de Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnelson View Post
Amazing, it's hard For me to remember what an uncluttered surface looks like.
You are an inspiration.

This

/
/
Old 2013-12-19, 8:59pm

Thank you Gabi

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-12-22, 2:34pm

What a great space...love all the windows!

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2013-12-26, 11:59pm

I admit, I love the windows & view also. Great natural lighting! Congrats!
Old 2013-12-27, 6:35pm

Lyne, what a beautiful studio! Even though you prepped it for the 'beauty shot', I'm sure it is also a wonderful space in the midst of creative chaos!
If you don't mind sharing, how did you make, or where did you buy, your glass rod storage units? I'm researching that problem for my own studio, and I haven't come up with a great solution yet. Thanks,
Betsy
Old 2013-12-28, 6:25pm

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for the nice words about my studio. I love this space so much and I know how lucky I am to have this studio in my house.

My rod storage unit is very simple to make and not very expensive. I made a rectangular box out of pine planks that I had glued together in my wookworking shop, but any wooden box or crate could work. I then bought some central vacuum pipes at the home hardware store (approx. $7 for 12 feet long plastic pipes) and cut them in sections of approximately 10 inches long each to create the tubes. I cut one end of each tube on an angle so it makes it easier to have access to the glass.

I could send you or post a picture of the glass storage unit if you wish. Just let me know.

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Last edited by songe; 2013-12-29 at 8:56am.
Old 2014-01-02, 6:06am
Shelarious

Hi Lyne, I'd love to see your glass storage close up. Could you please post a pic? Thank you!

Old 2014-01-02, 10:35am

Hi Shelley,

Here is a picture of my glass storage. The wooden boxes still need to be painted white!

If anyone is considering using this type of setup, I recommend you measure the width of the plastic pipes and decide how many you want to use so that you can build your case to the right width. The piece of wood that you can see in the top case is to compensate for a measurement error and makes everything stay in place! I learned from my mistake and did better with the bottom one. The same method should also be applied for the height measurement.

Hope this is helpful.

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2014-01-05, 9:06am
Shelarious

That is really nice!! Looks like a perfect set up. I will have to look for the piping at the hardware store.

Old 2014-01-05, 12:23pm

My pleasure Shelley. Good luck with setting up your glass storage.

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2015-03-09, 5:37pm

Default @Songe

Hi Songe - I know this thread is over a year old, but I am in the process of planning/setting up my studio. I've ordered 2" pipe for my glass storage and it looks as though you are using the same size. It looks as though the ends are cut on a diagonal, maybe more than 45 degrees. Do you know what degree they are cut on? And what length did you cut the pipes? Thank you so much.

Claire
Old 2015-03-09, 6:28pm
Phill

You might have to send her a PM if she is not tracking this thread any more.

I used the fence railing my self and I cut mine at about 9 inches long, figuring that most glass comes in 12 inch lengths and I park my rack about an inch from the wall for a little bit of wiggle room.

Oh, I didn't cut mine at an angle but hers looks like 45 degrees to my eye.