Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-09-04, 8:54pm
honorary bead lady

Hello, my name is David.
I've only had 1 fix, but I'm hooked, I can't shake this bitch and all I can think of is where/how to do more. Going to work is going to be a problem!

There step 1 done.
Old 2012-09-09, 8:19pm

Ha ha David did you think you would get through Glass Stock without getting hooked? Someone said there was cookies over here I think they meant voodoo donuts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-09-09, 8:21pm
honorary bead lady

It's all Karen's fault!
Old 2012-09-10, 11:20am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Hi, my name is Debbie and I'm a tri-glassual addict. I haven't had a fix in about 2 months. It's been so hot that I've feared I would burn my hands picking up the rods even before getting them to the torch. It's finally cooled down and I am ready to get my fix but got a text from the studio owner.........a skunk died next to the shed that houses the tanks and right near the fresh air intake.........not so fresh now! But I could rent a respirator unit with dive tanks and full facial gas mask and still be able to work! Hmmmmmmm...............

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2012-09-12, 8:23am
Oh my!

Deb, sounds like a good idea to me! And yes, only true addicts understand what we will think up to try and get our fix.
Old 2012-09-13, 1:22am

oh i'm jonesing pretty hard this morning. i haven't gotten to light my torch in over two days and i'm starting to get shaky. hopefully today will allow for some lampwork.
Old 2012-09-13, 8:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
oh i'm jonesing pretty hard this morning. i haven't gotten to light my torch in over two days and i'm starting to get shaky. hopefully today will allow for some lampwork.
Thats what I'm sayin yo! I got to pay the rental fee on my tanks and have 'em refilled. AND I GOTS NO CASH! Why oh why didn't I get a concentrator. WHY!!!!
Im go'in on a week. I'm gonna turn into a troll on this forum. I may not be able to do it but I can talk about not being able to do it! haha

Carlisle on Tanks/Scorpion on Oxy-con
Old 2012-09-13, 11:08am

after falling in love with tanked oxy, i really don't want to go back to my oxycons. so i ordered a homefill. problem solved!! now i've got too many concentrators, the homefill only uses 4lpm at 14psi.
Old 2012-09-13, 2:03pm

Is a home fill a giant tank on the side of your house? What did that run you?

Old 2012-09-13, 2:27pm

$800 shipped to my door. they use an oxycon to fill tanks. it's basically a compressor that you link between your oxycon and o2 tank. a t tank takes about 36 hours to fill i think, but it takes me a week to kill one. i'll likely use two k tanks and switch them out.
there's a guy on the melting pot selling them, but i do think he's nearly sold out. his username over there is Boston.
Old 2012-09-17, 7:11am

I CAN REFILL A TANK TODAY!!! I'm so flipp'in excited I don't know what to do with myself. .. Go wholesaling and refill two is the best thought I have. LOL

Old 2012-09-17, 7:33am

nice! i'm all out of tanked, i'm in the process of hooking my oxycons back up. no torching today though, i'm taking the day to rearrange my garage studio and putting in some better ventilation. tomorrow i go pick up my homefill (when i bought it i didn't realize the dude lives only a few hours from me) so by wednesday, thursday at the latest i'll be melting again.
Old 2012-09-17, 8:44am
Oh my!

I haven't had a fix in over a week. I really am starting to have major withdrawl symptoms.
Old 2012-09-17, 1:50pm

So wholesaling was successful, two full t-tanks of Oxy.. I'm so excited its stupid. istandalone that's awesome yo! Do you have to modify the refill at all?

Old 2012-09-17, 2:32pm

no the guy does all the work. i drive down to meet him tomorrow so i'll get the lowdown then. it's a plug and play unit from what i understand!
Old 2012-09-19, 9:11am
Oh my!

I finally got a fix yesterday, only to discover that my glassy mojo has taken a vacation.
Old 2012-09-19, 3:38pm

got my fix today....made a few implosion marbles.
we ended up agreeing to have my homefill fedex'ed, as we have conflicting schedules. should be here tomorrow....now i have to figure out if i can move a t tank up a flight of stairs as the homefill will not be running in my studio (which is a garage). i'm going to have the homefill and oxycon running in the basement, where it's heated.
it's just going to suck having to lug the tank downstairs empty and then back upstairs full.
sure beats paying for tanked though!
Old 2012-09-20, 4:27am

lol, fedex showed up about 8:30pm last night! now i've got a choice to make. i can either blow glass all day today, or fill my tank. i don't have enough concentrators to run the homefill and blow glass.
Old 2012-09-21, 3:41am

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums and I too have an addiction to Boro. Please pray for my wife and kids. They can't seem to find me lately.....
Old 2012-09-21, 4:49am

well you're in good company! all of us addicts lean on each other lol. don't forget the coffee!
Old 2012-09-21, 7:04am

Hi my name is Dan and I'm a glass addict!
I have most COE's 33, 90, 96, 104, satake, and even float glass.

I made the move to oxy concentrators this past year, would love a home fill.

Think I might have to research one!!!!

I am working full time M-F and taking 4 classes at night and on Sat...

so my torch time is lacking... and then clay is tempting me to an even darker side (one class is Glazing and pottery decoration).

I sneak peeks of glass at work, I should be embarrassed but, way past that point now!!

Today is Friday, its 10am and I'm counting down the minutes to sneak away and create... anything!!!
Old 2012-09-21, 8:55pm
Bead semi-newbie

Hello my name is Sara C. and i am a compulsive boro addict. I need to melt the world's stiffist glass about every 3 days or i begin to suck my thumb while twirrling my hair. when friends find me doing this in public, they send me home.
LOVE silver glass
Old 2012-09-25, 8:24am

Thanks for the smile

Old 2012-10-11, 6:28pm
Save the Numbats

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraconklin View Post
Hello my name is Sara C. and i am a compulsive boro addict. I need to melt the world's stiffist glass about every 3 days or i begin to suck my thumb while twirrling my hair. when friends find me doing this in public, they send me home.
uh oh, we better not tell you about quartz... you'll be out on the street raising money for hydrogen in no time.