LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-09-20, 11:21am

Default Looking for a tut. on Boro Coral Implosians

I love these, but have unsuccessful in creating them. I am desperatly looking for a detailed step by step and materials list on making them. I have tried both the Maria technique and making from a blown tube. They look like a squished flower or freeform mess. I am willing to purchase a tutorial if a very nice expericed implosian GOD is willing to take the time to create one.
Thanks everyone. My own torch arrives soon and I have posted this note several places.
I hope someone will be willing to take this on.
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-20, 12:52pm
ManBearPig

They are made from a tube implosion. The "secret" is using the right things to decorate the bubble.

Ask Stephan Hagstrom (hagstromartglass). I thought he had a tutorial on making them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-20, 1:06pm

Check out Stephen Hagstrom's DVDs on etsy.
Old 2010-09-20, 2:58pm
Senior Moment

Stephen has done great DVD's on implossions, but they don't include the tricks for the coral.

Old 2010-09-21, 5:50am

You maybe mashing them to much. When I do my implosions I use a solid rod let it ball up in the flame and then turn the rod straight up over the marver and softly let the rod touch and the weight of the rod presses the maria down not me, then add your lines, dots, squiggles then repeat the process above. The trick to this is to keep your implosion from being smashed too much. Keep repeating until you see your inplosion forming. Then heat and smash to flatten for the back. Sorry I do not have step by step pictures of this but I hope it helps you some.
Old 2010-09-22, 4:45pm

Default still looking, is anyone willing to make one????

I have hagstroms tutorials. I guess I must be pushing to hard on the Maria. But if any one would love to tackle this. I know a lot of people would be interested.
Thanks to all.
HOPEFULLY MY TORCH IS ON THE WAY>>>
Old 2010-09-22, 6:17pm
ManBearPig

I would do it on a bubble, not on a maria.

Old 2010-09-23, 2:00pm
senior citizen lampworker

There are as many ways to do an implosion as there are lampworkers. We all have our own technique. But here is a simple step by step, to show you the way I do one.
http://www.marshglass.com/tutorials/...implosion.html

sangell inspired me to do this.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2010-09-24, 4:39am

Default THANK YOU...... I think you found a trick

Getting it flatter and giving more space for the "squiggles" I think may be the key. I may have to stop at the local "junk" shop and get some butter knives.
I can't wait to try it in open torch next week.
You are the best!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-09-24, 7:12pm

Glassdog thank you this helped me clarify a few of the steps. I also have been making some dragonflies from a tut on you web site. It is going well, just need more practise with shaping the legs.
Old 2010-09-26, 9:31am

use a piece of tube, blow it out a bit. decorate with squiggles and real small dots, a few circles with like 3 dots in the center, and stuff like that. i like to use cane for a lot of mine too. then just melt down and implode. fill it all in really dense but not touching so you get a lot of detail in the pendant. you have to do the implosion real hot so you don't flatten it out to much. these are mostly what i make when making pendants..

Old 2010-09-26, 11:35am

Gratefulglasscreations, your pendant is beautiful!
Old 2010-09-26, 12:36pm

thank you vena!