Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-11-05, 10:48am

Default Boro Newbie Thread

This is the discussion and show and tell thread for the Boro Tutorials posted in this thread:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=71430

Please limit discussion to this thread so we can keep the tutorials easy to find in the tutorial thread.

I'll be adding the tutorials from our first couple of months over on WC this week. Feel free to ask questions or show us your work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-05, 11:36am

Yeah! Boro newbies will be newbies no more!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-05, 12:57pm

Ok here's my first butterfly from Kare's tut. Blue Moon and clear:

Old 2007-11-05, 1:22pm

Quick question...

If we frequent both WC and LE do you want us to post our pics in both forums?

Jodi
Old 2007-11-05, 1:35pm

It's up to you Jodi. I think we have some that visit only one and some of us that visit both so I'd say yes so everyone can benefit from everyone else's experiences. I don't mind seeing things twice!

Old 2007-11-05, 2:39pm

Very nice tutorial!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-11-05, 3:40pm
Missing presumed fed

Wonder if that style of butterfly would work for Beads of Courage, or if they want more of a "bead" rather than the loop on the wing? I have a whole dish of ghastly mutant butterfly beads, and I'm starting to despair of ever getting decent ones.
Old 2007-11-05, 4:25pm

OH yay ... now I have tutorials I can follow ... rather than suffering and forging ahead unknowingly!

Old 2007-11-05, 5:59pm
Serenity Now!

Fabulous job both you and Karen are doing, Dawn!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-11-05, 7:25pm

Here is one of my first butterflies from Kare's Tut. He was done with GA Tequila Sunrise and Momka Exotic Citrus Grapefruit. ( yea his body and face look like a alien) Sadly he and the heart in this picture are no more, they were lost in the great dog attach of Oct.
Attached Images

Old 2007-11-05, 8:43pm
Enabler

Gosh...you guys got things moving quickly!! I'm off to look through the tutes. I feel a boro day happening tomorrow!!

Oh boy....can't wait to try the butterfly!!

Old 2007-11-05, 9:50pm

These are some of the butterflies I made using this tutorial.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-11-05, 10:19pm

They're wonderful Paul!

Old 2007-11-06, 5:51am

Those are beautiful!!!

Old 2007-11-07, 9:25pm

I have some boro glass on order and am looking forward to giving the tuts a try!

Sadie

Old 2007-11-07, 11:15pm

thank you to those whom have p[osted tutorials in the newbie thread. I have been reading them with interest.

Rob.
Old 2007-11-08, 5:49am

If there is something you specific you would like to see let DawnT know. There are also some additional links over on the WC boro tutorial page that we haven't moved over yet(in the Glass tech forum).

Old 2007-11-08, 12:14pm
Butterfly Rancher

I've been struggling with butterflies but I think I'm improving. This is what came out of the kiln this morning -- and the photography still needs work as well.

I couldn't even get a halfway decent image of my most recent implosion but here's another heart -- they're getting plumper and more heart-like.

And, I do like the bead on the mandrel for loops but I'm determined to figure out how to do a free-form loop as well... but, as you can see, more PPP is needed.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-11-08, 12:16pm

Beckah they both look great! I am still trying to learn the loops as well. I have just been using the bead method and trying to make sure it's melted together REALLY well!

Old 2007-11-08, 1:27pm
Does it come in Purple???

Can I offer a shameless plug for a tool that makes perfect bails: check this out
http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.n...=2&category=41

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-11-09, 8:46am
Butterfly Rancher

Thanks, Dawn! As I look at the photo again, I didn't get the colors true. I was pretty happy with the colors that I got out of the amber purple (I'm not sure which one I used) in the butterfly but it's not showing up very well in my photo. I guess it's time for another visit to Scott's excellent levels tutorial in the darkroom!

Thanks, Jodie for the link.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-11-09, 9:00am
Boro Brat

You guys are awesome!! I'd really like to do a tut...just not sure what on earth I'll do it on! I'll think of something I'm sure...in the meantime, good for all of you!! I just love seeing softies get sucked into the world of boro!!

Old 2007-11-09, 6:59pm

Pipyr, your shapes are so unique I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! I love the way you use silver (PMC?) with your glass.

Old 2007-11-09, 9:15pm
Bliss Junkie

how exciting!!! you do some fantastic work pipyr, looking forward to your tut...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2007-11-11, 11:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
Can I offer a shameless plug for a tool that makes perfect bails: check this out
http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.n...=2&category=41
Jodie
I don't see a picture of the tool. Do you have a picture of it?

I would also love to see a tutorial from you Pipyr!
Thanks!

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2007-11-11 at 12:00pm.
Old 2007-11-11, 4:43pm

Heidi (hot coles) had a picture over on WC in the Boro newbie (bn) thread. I'll see if I can find it later and give you a link.

Old 2007-11-11, 4:58pm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...49#post6123449
tool picture

Old 2007-11-12, 6:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kare TX View Post
Nope - that's not it - but the same principle. These are pliers. I have to run back home in a little while - I will get a pair and snap a picture.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2007-11-12, 7:44am

I like pliers!! I always seem to get caught up in forceps at the worst time.

Old 2007-11-12, 8:26am

OK - here they are. They can be purchased at www.mountainglassarts.com or through me - pm me if interested.

~~