Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-08-01, 8:04pm

Default GA Ivory Blush Fans

Has anyone tried the Revolution 33 color called Peachy Keen? It's supposed to be similar to our beloved Ivory Blush.
Old 2011-08-04, 12:05pm

I've used peach blush but not peachy keen - looks alot like ivory blush. I wish GA would put out more rev33 colors. They have been slacking for the last year or so. I used to get new glasstique/rev33 colors every other month. The last thing got from GA was nightshade off the cheap thrill section.
Old 2011-08-04, 12:29pm
Borovangelist

Yeah, they keep focusing on the tubing instead of nifty new shades. I was glad to see Black Ruby up on the site though and bought a pound the other day. I love that stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2011-08-04, 12:56pm
THE PEN IS BLUE!!!

Anyone have a picture of what the ivory blush looks like? I'm guessing this is not a normal GA color?

Old 2011-08-04, 1:03pm

I've tried it. I got some of that and pink looie awhile ago. That's the color that every time I go down to visit Chrisann I take a little bit with me (OK, and some good stuff too) so I'm pretty sure she has it all now. I thought it was a nasty color. I'm lucky she still likes me.

Old 2011-08-05, 6:41am
Flamewoman

I was pretty upset when they discontinued Ivory Blush, as that is the color
I used for my seastar pendants. I have tried pink louie, peachy keen, any color that I thought might work in it's place but nothing is like Ivory Blush, and I was told that this was a hard color to make, and they were not sucessfull at making it again, so discontinued it. The closest thing to it is coral blush. I am always willing to buy any ivory blush people want to sell, unless they want an unreasonable amount of money for it. Ivory blush was not good in implosions, but nice the way I used it, straight for the body of the starfish. You have to get it hot, really hot for it to strike to that great pink in surface work.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2011-08-05, 7:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
I was pretty upset when they discontinued Ivory Blush, as that is the color
I used for my seastar pendants. I have tried pink louie, peachy keen, any color that I thought might work in it's place but nothing is like Ivory Blush, and I was told that this was a hard color to make, and they were not sucessfull at making it again, so discontinued it. The closest thing to it is coral blush. I am always willing to buy any ivory blush people want to sell, unless they want an unreasonable amount of money for it. Ivory blush was not good in implosions, but nice the way I used it, straight for the body of the starfish. You have to get it hot, really hot for it to strike to that great pink in surface work.
Define unreasonable....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2011-08-06, 5:44pm

Well, I have the Peachy Keen, Ivory Blush, Peach Blush, and anything else they've come up with. So far, nothing is like Ivory Blush. Peachy Keen is pretty much like Peach Blush. I also wish they would come up with more Revolution 33 colors.

If anyone has any ideas how to dilute down the Peachy Blush Keen and make pink, I'd love to hear it.
Old 2011-08-08, 8:01am
Flamewoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Define unreasonable....
More than you paid for it! I have bought Ivory blush from people who didn't like it, and just basically reimbursed them for their cost. Got some you don't want? It's not good for much other than what I use it for. Not good for implosions.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2011-08-08, 2:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
More than you paid for it! I have bought Ivory blush from people who didn't like it, and just basically reimbursed them for their cost. Got some you don't want? It's not good for much other than what I use it for. Not good for implosions.
I have a stash that I use for pendants, and the color can also be very good pinwheeled on the back of marbles. I traded a pound of it a while back for a pound of red elvis, and a half pound of tag pink. I liked that deal.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2011-08-12, 7:31am
Boro Brat

I think it's one of the best surface sculptural colors.......ever.

Old 2011-08-14, 10:45pm
Flamewoman

I totally agree! Let's petition for more!
Pipyr ~ What color glass is that dragon under your sig?
I love that piece, like something from a dream I have had.

PLEASE like my page!