Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2006-07-14, 10:12am

Default Hooking up to natural gas

I have a brand new mini cc and had a gas man come in and run a natural gas line to my studio area- so now I have a 1/2 inch connector on my gas line and welding hose that does not fit the connection.

Using simple words, can someone tell me how to connect the two? How do i actually get this turned on? I did search- I was really hoping to not have to ask this...
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------
Make Beads:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2006-07-14, 11:31am

Ok- hubby found the parts at a different hardware store today- odd how one gave him an estimate of over $100 in materials- today it was $2.32
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2006-07-14, 6:33pm
Gentleman of Leisure

You need a "B" fitting and probably a "reducer" to go from the 1/2 NPT fitting on the shut off valve to the "B" fitting (1/4 NPT side)....

Much of what you need to know is in the referred to messages...

This message shows "B" fitting and reducer screwed into end of "pancake" regulator... Its EXACTLY the same as screwing reducer into the end of your natural gas line...

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...64&postcount=3
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...40&postcount=9

"B" fitting and reducer should be under $10.

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal