Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-08-26, 7:18am
Formerly known as weasel

Default Best time for picture taking

I would like to try taking my photos outside. I have always done them indoors. My questions are, what is the best time to take the pictures? Should they be taken in full sunlight or shade?
I did try yesterday, and I couldn't see anything in my screen because of the sunlight. I know this is a "duh" question, but I thought I might get some help on what to do.
Should my back be towards the sun, or my front towards the sun (if they are to be taken in the sun)

Thanks for the help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-08-26, 9:32am
Virginia Beach, VA

i take our pictures outside between 1-3 p.m. but when i stand over the glass it is completely shaded and so no shadows on the glass.

Old 2007-08-29, 8:23am
Gentleman of Leisure

Actually any time on a cloudy or hazy day so light is defused enough to not cast hard shadows...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2007-09-13, 4:11pm
put a bird on it

Hi Wilma,

I just noticed MaryBeth said this in a post below...

"My outdoor pictures are all taken outdoors in indirect sunlight at a very particular time of day. I wait until just before dusk. The sun should be down fairly low in the sky."

Maybe that will help you....
Old 2008-01-15, 2:15am

perfect guidence dale, I was going to sugest that myself. also best time to recopie old photos as well.