Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-08-22, 5:45am

Default New Home Studio!

No pictures yet. We finally bought a building this weekend. The whole thing is 12 x 22 and it is going to replace the 1926 shed we have now. I am going to have a 12 x 14 room inside with all the bells and whistles. I am going to post a pictorial of the changes here. The great news is that I might be hosting small semi private lessons in the space as early as the spring.

Brad Pearson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now Fully Stocked!!!!

Last edited by pearsonglass; 2006-08-22 at 7:24am.
Old 2006-08-22, 5:59am
boro color bender

Awesome Brad!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-22, 6:11am

Wow...congrats, Brad!!! You deserve an awesome workspace. I can't wait to see pictures.

Old 2006-08-22, 6:35am

Congrats Brad!! that is awesome!

Old 2006-08-22, 7:26am

Awww crud. This is what happens when I type before my coffee. Sorry about the mis-spelled title. Is there any way to change the title of a thread?? Moderators help!!

Brad

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-08-22, 7:28am
Cheerfully Profane

Yay! When can I come learn something new?
Old 2006-08-22, 10:15am

Bek you can come over whenever you want.

Here is why I am excited about a new space. Here is my old studio. Its not bad , but it could be better. It is also in a basement, so it feels cramped.

And here is the old shed we are tearing down. So I get a studio and my wife gets rid of an eyesore.

Brad
Attached Images

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-08-22, 10:40am

COOOOOOOOL! I did the same about 3 months ago. We bought same sized building as you, had it insulated and sheetrock installed, window unit air conditioner, vent system, etc. My bro-in-law built a really nice work bench for me. I put up industrial type shelving (from Sam's) for supplies. Studio has a wood floor and I had thought about putting some type of flooring in, but someone suggested I leave it as is. That's what we decided and I'm glad. This way I'm not worried about messing up the floor if I drop hot glass or something on it. I love it! It's a very happy place for me. I mean, when I open the door, this wonderful, happy feeling comes over me.

Sorry about going on and on about mine, I'm just REALLY happy for you because I know how cool it is. Hope you and others enjoy it greatly!

Marie C

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
Old 2006-08-24, 5:18pm

Congrats Brad! As for the typo - made me look twice at the thread! I bet you can't wait.

I'm having the electricity put into my garage tomorrow - YEAH! I'm setting up my studio there. Plan to fire up the kiln for the first time tomorrow afternoon.

I'll see you next weekend at the NDGG class - looking forward to it!

Terry
Old 2006-08-25, 10:19am
Booyarashaka

WTG Brad! I can't wait to see the new place. Hurry and post pictures when your done! Bet your happy happy.

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2006-08-27, 7:45am
Senior Moment

Hey Brad congrats on getting new digs!!! That will be so cool. One question do you currently work in the gray building or the pink one? Just kidding!!!!!! LOL.

Old 2006-08-27, 7:49am
In search of her path....

Awesome Brad Thats gonna ROCK! Its always exciting when you can do something new and expanding like that for your work! I cant wait to see progress pics!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-08-30, 8:09am
Fusing Glass

eyesore? nothing a little paint, jackhammer, anvil and very large hammer wouldnt fix! Congrats Brad! now you can make BIGGER beads in it!
Old 2006-08-30, 10:49am

I'm with Sharon. Kind of hard to imagine leaving the pink building for more spacious ones.

Enjoy.
Old 2006-09-03, 12:14pm
Yup.

Hey, Brad!!! congratulations on your upcoming space!! It's so exciting and I imagine this space will be stellar. Can't wait to see.

~
~
Old 2006-09-03, 12:37pm
I'm a lilac!

Wooo Brad! That's awesome! I can't wait to see pics of the new studio. I wish I was closer, I'd come for a class!

Old 2006-11-05, 9:24am

Here we are at phase 2 . I am almost ready to put up the drywall and finish the internal wiring.

Doesn't the new building look a lot better than the old one. Just ignore all of the toys, it looks like a used toy store exploded in my backyard.

Next I will build in the workstations and the floor.

Hopefully it won't be too long, I am getting excited.

Brad Pearson
Attached Images

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-11-05, 9:36am
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

WWhat a nice place! It does look better than the old one. What a great place you will have to make your fantastic beads!!
Old 2006-11-06, 10:04am

Congrats Brad! It looks great!!! Can I come visit?

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2006-11-06, 3:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasi
Congrats Brad! It looks great!!! Can I come visit?
Any body can visit. If you ever drive up 95, I am only a few blocks off the interstate in Richmond.

Today I found out that drywalling is harder than I thought. But I did get 5 pieces up and worked on the ceiling a little bit.

Brad

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-11-06, 3:52pm
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonglass
Any body can visit. If you ever drive up 95, I am only a few blocks off the interstate in Richmond.
Brad
brad.. i'm about 2 hours away from you... down 64 to va beach...we need to get together!

Old 2006-11-06, 3:54pm
Pink-tini anyone?

Congrats Brad!
Looks like it's going to be a great studio!

Old 2006-11-09, 5:51pm

Sure looking good up here!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-12-18, 6:10am
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Hi Brad,
Your studio looks great! Good talking with you recently. My very best wishes to you always!
Happy Holidays,
Lance McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.FlameTreeGlass.com
1-888-FLAMETREE or 1-888-352-6387
Old 2006-12-18, 7:53am

I love the toys! It looks..."real"

How exciting!

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2006-12-21, 9:52am

I am getting close, I will take some pics this afternoon. I will be tiling the torch counter and building a jewelry/coldworking desk this weekend. All I want for Christmas is a couple of child free hours to get some work done.

Pictures to follow soon,

Brad Pearson

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-12-21, 10:31am

All right ,, here are the inside pics. I love the floor. I finished laying it last weekend, and I have a new respect for the flooring guys out there in the real world.

So who wants to sign up for a class, so I have an excuse to finish before you get here? I plan to be able to do private lessons and classes of at least four people.

Brad
Attached Images

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2006-12-21, 2:30pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

wow.. Great floor and I love the colors on the walls.. Looks like it is going to be a great space..
Old 2006-12-21, 9:44pm

Wonderful space ! Congratulations !

Old 2006-12-22, 6:49am

Keep working Brad I'm looking forward to seeing this space in person.
Joan