Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2005-08-29, 10:29am
File not found

Default Seahorse Twisty Tutorial

This free tutorial no longer shows up in the list of free tutorials (don't know why - I was planning on leaving it here on LE) - so I am deleting it. I will eventually put it up on FB and my blog. Thank you for looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kimberly; 2012-07-19 at 10:05am.
Old 2005-08-29, 10:42am
Carpe Beadum

Wow, thank you so much for posting this!!! I'm dying to try it now!

Yer the best!

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2005-08-29, 10:46am
On the flippity flop

How freaking amazingly cool! You are great, Kimberly!!!

Jeannette
Old 2005-08-29, 10:55am
Crispy Critter

This is the most unique way to make twisties that I've ever seen. Why do you use a cone-shaped base?

Old 2005-08-29, 11:11am
Pink-tini anyone?

Thank you Kimberly! Pulling twisties is one of my most dreaded skills and it's great to see another technique! Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing this with us all!

Old 2005-08-29, 11:19am
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
I get very little waste that way. Most of the pull is in the thick part of the cone. By the time you get to the bottom of the cone, you still have enough stripes left on the core that you can pull down to the bitter end. Great way to use odd lot colors that you don't have a lot of.

Ooooh, I get it. Damn, I am SO glad I played hookie from work today. I'm going to try this today.

Old 2005-08-29, 11:20am
Out of the biz

First - thank you so much for this, Kimberly. The generosity you display with your knowledge is really humbling.

Second, is there anyway we get some kind of tip jar tied to these tutorials? Honestly, the material posted here is often unique and valuable, it'd be awfully nice if we could toss a few bucks into a tip jar for the authors.

Aaaanyway, thanks again Kimberly, this is a great tutorial and it answers a ton of related questions I've had about organic canes and methods for pulling them. Now, if we could just get you down to Dallas for a class . . . .
Old 2005-08-29, 11:24am
Surrounded by Trouble

Kimberly,
Awesome!!!
What a wonderful tutorial so easy to understand. Great photos and wonderful descriptive words to go with it. Thank You so much for sharing your way for making twisties.
Old 2005-08-29, 11:34am
needs to light the torch.

5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome tutorial Kimberly!!!
And your son did am awesome job on the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-08-29, 11:35am

Thank you kimberly for taking the time to put this together. And please tell your son how much we are enjoying his photography work! I cant wait to try this.

LAURIE HUNT

Last edited by Craftylady; 2009-07-28 at 9:20pm.
Old 2005-08-29, 11:51am
Broken

Kimberly that's an awsome tut, great pics tell your son thanks!

Old 2005-08-29, 11:53am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Excellent! A++++++++. Great job kimberly. Thank you!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2005-08-29, 12:00pm
Lampworker on Hiatus

Thank you very very much! You ROCK!

Old 2005-08-29, 12:24pm

Thanks so much Kimberly! I have a terrible time with twisties so glad to see another way of doing them!

Old 2005-08-29, 12:52pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Thank you so much Kimberly for this tutorial. I've never make such nice twisties before. I used your technique with the mandrel and WOW!!! Long, even and incredibly nice twisties...
Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!!!

Old 2005-08-29, 1:03pm
Procrastinate Now!!

WOW KIMBERLY!!!!! I'm going to try this out today!!

This seems like one of those tips that someone would try to keep from others. And you shared it with us!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2005-08-29, 1:36pm
Stress Cracked

Just when I thought I knew all there was to pulling twisties - marvering into a cone is something I didn't know about. Thanks for the tip!
In an Emergency.

Emily Dickinson
Old 2005-08-29, 1:47pm
Meow is worse than Bite!

Kinberly,
Thank you so much for the infomation. This is wonderfully generous of you. And thanks to Andrea Guarino for teaching you. I can't wait to try pulling twisties like this.
Linda
Old 2005-08-29, 3:49pm
Piscean Fire Goddess

Awesome Kimberly!

- SJS Glasswork & Creations
Exploring a philosophical fantasy world.
Old 2005-08-29, 4:04pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So...when you are done pulling the twistie do you plunge the mandrel with remaining glass in water to get rid of the remaining glass????

Excellent tutorial - I can imagine attempts at seahorses all over the place tonight!! Thanks!

Old 2005-08-29, 5:47pm
Procrastinate Now!!

Well I'm not making sea horses... but I sure am having a good time!! I'll take pictures when I'm done.

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
Old 2005-08-29, 5:52pm
the 2 Michelle's

HOw awesome!!!

I'm signed up for your class....well I'm first on the waiting list, in Orlando. I can't wait. You rule!!

Michele

You say bitch like it's a bad thing.....

bead on!!

Old 2005-08-29, 6:13pm

Default Thank ya thank ya

Thank you Kim. I was so discouraged Saturday when I tried making my own stringers and twisties (it looked so EASY in the book )

Tracy

Old 2005-08-29, 7:46pm
Crispy Critter

I just tried this technique, and it is really good for getting tightly twisted, thin twisties. I had problems with controlling the heat and kept burning off the twistie. WAIT...don't tell me...PPP. I'll definitely keep trying. Thanks again for the tutorial. I did come up with a gorgeous color combo, though. Used a black base with swipes of New Violet, Copper Green and Raku cane.

Old 2005-08-29, 8:15pm

Thank you, Kimberly. I've been trying to figure out what your twisties were made of. I can't wait to try it.
Old 2005-08-30, 3:48am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You are kidding me!!!! This is the twisty you use for your beads??? I have read you are way too generous by sharing you secrets, but this just blows me away! I can not wait to try this!!, I won't sell it though, it's all yours

Old 2005-08-30, 4:10am
the 2 Michelle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
Cool!!!!! I hope you get in!!!!! I can't remember if there is a get together the night before. If there is, will you be coming to that??

HECK YES!!!! Now if I can just get in.

(I have to keep myself from calling and checking each day.....anybody have to drop out.....how about now?..........now?........what about now?)

Michele

You say bitch like it's a bad thing.....

bead on!!

Old 2005-08-30, 6:35am

Kim, Thank you for a great tutorial. I'm signed up for the Oct class in Michigan. I will start practicing tonight. I promice! gayle
How much longer till Oct? Feel like the little kid asking "How many more days till Christmas?"

Last edited by gayle janczarek; 2005-08-30 at 6:35am. Reason: forgot to sign my name
Old 2005-08-30, 8:11am

Kimberly, thank you for this fantastic tutorial! Canīt wait to try this!
Old 2005-08-30, 3:36pm

Kimberly, my hats off to you and your son on sharing such a nice tutorial....Thanks

Tags
twisties