Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-11-30, 6:11pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default sony cyber shot dsc-w7

can someone tell me how to set my macro on this camera to get better pictures of jewelry. the only advice i got was to press the flower button. my camera book says to look at page five or read first, yeah, well i dont have that flyer anymore, this book reads like chinese! let me post a pic I just took, have to say they are getting better.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2006-11-30 at 6:54pm.
Old 2006-11-30, 7:24pm

Hi Kelly,
Here is a link to the Sony site where you can download the "Read This First" flyer for your camera
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...W7&region_id=1
I have a Sony dsc-h2. It looks like the controls are pretty similar. To turn the macro on/off push the flower on the control button. The flower icon will appear in the upper left part of the screen when macro is on. Your will also want to use a tripod and use the self-timer. Use of the self-timer is described just below the macro function in the "Read This First" manual.
I'll try to help if you have more questions, but I'm new at this too
Old 2006-11-30, 7:31pm

One more thing - when you take a shot only push the button half way for the camera to focus. The flashing green dot goes to solid green and then you push it down the rest of the way.

Edit: One more link. I found this online book really helpful as I was trying to figure out the various settings on my camera. It's just the basics about digital photography and how changing different settings affects the photo.
http://www.photoworkshop.com/public/...implified.html

Last edited by Judi_B; 2006-11-30 at 8:32pm.
Old 2006-11-30, 8:40pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

you rock! thanks so much, cant wait to try to take some more pics tomorrow! GEEZ, THAT PICTURE LOOKS CRYSTAL CLEAR ON MY COMPUTER, WHEN LOOKING AT IT AT WORK, ITS TOO LIGHT, WILL HAVE TO LAY OFF THE BRIGHTENING.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2006-12-01 at 6:11am.
Old 2006-12-02, 12:06am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Don't forget to keep the picture balanced by increasing the contrast whenever you increase the brightness. In paint shop pro there is a button that sometimes works called "fade correction".

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f