Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-04-03, 10:54pm

Default Jupiter Storm help

This looked interesting, a neutral beige with an orange blush. Except I cant get it to change colour at all. Have heated it to soupy, cooled , heated again. Nothing, nada, nix. Stays stubbornly neutral. Anybody out there had more success? Help!

KMD
Old 2014-04-04, 1:30am

Lots of info here: http://creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=288

I didn't click on any links, but someone usually has more details about how they worked the color. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-04, 1:36am

Also check this thread out: http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...hlight=jupiter. Katie Gee's suggestion looked really helpful. I made a couple of Jupiter beads tonight to test her method and will know tomorrow morning how it worked. They looked good going into the kiln.

NEVER MIND - I thought you meant the old Vetrofond Jupiter glass.

Last edited by CheriB; 2014-04-04 at 1:40am. Reason: oops
Old 2014-04-04, 2:05am

Striking it fairly gently worked for me in my test beads. It may also depend how large your bead is? I didn't attempt to strike my spacers at all and they are all greyish, but the larger beads did. I did a pressed heart and a gremlin, so they were in and out of the flame but not reheated back to soupy.

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-04-04, 4:54pm

For those who like coe 96 Gaffer has a glass that starts beige and turns a peach orange color when it strikes. It's a neat effect in frit. The number in G-172 Mushroom.

Andrea
Old 2014-04-07, 3:29pm
Senior Moment

I played with Jupiter the other day. I got a lot of color out of it (see below) but maybe because I'm on a Hothead? What I found is getting it pretty hot seems to reset it to greyish, and a gentle reheating brings out the orange.

Or maybe it's because the HH runs a more reductionish flame LOL I dunno.

Name:  IMG_6875-001.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  30.6 KB
(the handles and dots are CIM Sunset).

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.