Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-01-12, 11:11am
Spell check please

David claimed my last sample pak. Now let's see what you all can do with it!

Thanks everyone for testing it out.

Elaine
Old 2014-01-12, 1:46pm
Glass-aholic

Stop being scared! Especially with the boro. It basically does not pop or move until you make it. Really hard to get it to explode at you at all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-01-12, 2:43pm
Spell check please

Thanks Jaci good to know cus I really hate exploding glass. I always jump and then it's just not fun anymore.
Old 2014-01-12, 3:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefire View Post
Thanks Jaci good to know cus I really hate exploding glass. I always jump and then it's just not fun anymore.
I almost feel like I'm cheating when I play with boro for that reason. No popping or spitting. Heat, re-heat, jump from place to place - it's amazingly forgiving, compared to 104!

Old 2014-01-14, 9:38am
Glass-aholic

Rachel I assure you no cheating lol! But that is really funny
I think what you use in heat makes up for what isn't shocky !!

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-03-09, 11:02pm
Spell check please

I finally got some of this stuff fused. Its pretty awesome stuff. The first pic, see the top right turquiose one, is the same piece as in the second pic. It all seams to get that crinkly look. anyone else that got some from me have pics. Please post them. Thanks Elaine

Old 2014-03-10, 9:54am
Master Procrastinator

Awesome! What are you gonna make with those Elaine? I'm so sorry! I totally forgot to send the pics of what I made. I followed Jaci's video, which is awesome BTW & made these 4 super easy pendants so far. The one on the top left is a cab that I also made. it's dichro on a clear base. The dichro is really easy to use & doesn't seem to burn off too easily as long as you don't directly heat it.

Thanks again for the chance to play!

Old 2014-03-10, 11:35pm
Spell check please

I am going to use my glass saw and cut some small pendants and earrings. Then re-fire to round out the edges. I will have to try some in the torch too. Love your pendants Lea.
Old 2014-04-07, 11:52am
Glass-aholic

Lea those look great!! You should post them in the tutorial thread!!