Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-16, 3:26pm
yukue fumei

Default Northstar Experimentals: Pictures, working characteristics

Please post your pics of your favorite Northstar experimentals!

Rods, artwork, working characteristics, you name it.
Also, if you could post which vendor offers them, that would be great!
Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-16, 3:43pm
yukue fumei

One experimental I would like to start off with is Neoniferous Green. I have only tested this out on one beads but I was surprised by how smooth it was. Very little bubbling and no boiling for a crayon type color. It is a pastelly but vibrant neon yellow green......
I am going to play with it more this weekend and see how it does in implosions....nice color!
It made me curious about Alien Blood, which is a bit more yellow.....

update: I made a tiny bead with encased dots of Neoniferous Green. The color is smooth, but when you look up close, it is made of tiny bubbles and chunks similar to Trautman Blizzards and Momka's Pistachio. Still, very smooth and nice....

nagi

Last edited by nagibeads; 2008-10-17 at 5:11pm. Reason: update....
Old 2009-11-11, 2:33pm

Default Key lime pie

Northstar™ made an odd batch called key lime pie and it is pretty darn close to colormax pistachio (the smoothest white for deep encasement ever). It is pretty creamy, good for beads and dots, although it is a little too green to replace pistachio. Colormax™ pistachio was also a slightly higher COE than most boro, maybe around 50 COE. I think I heard they are still kinda working on perfecting this color.
Old 2009-11-12, 3:50am
Serenity Now!

Personally, I'm done with NS Experimentals - I picked up a whole bunch when they were recently announced here in a thread. I should've remembered the axiom "Buyer Beware", 'cause I ended up - yes - paying cheaply for Boro colour, but who cares when it is not something that I'd ever use - and would be good enough to give or sell only to someone I truly despised, imho. I wasn't pleased this last Batch of stuff that got dumped in the market with one single stick of colour of the rather large box I purchased. Lunar Delight you say? What the Hell is so delightful about pieces of Boro flying all over my table when a rod is introduced to the flame? Surely someone over at NS is laughing about that, to be sure.

No thanks - I'll pass.....(although I would like to see them come up with a Pistachio replica, but that's a whole 'nother subject...)

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-11-12, 7:48am
Attack of the Snuggie!

Hmmm my Lunar Delight seemed pretty smooth and easy to work. Maybe a bad rod?

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts