Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-02-02, 5:22am

plus, look. he's in VT! i see a demo in my future. might have to sell off a mtn bike or two lol.
Old 2013-02-02, 10:45am
borowalla

Thanks. it sounds like you know a bit about my system but let me just say it's designed for high oxygen use, generating up to 60 liters per minute or more at 95 psi. in my test Studio I'm able to power a GTT Mirage or a Carlisle cc with only 3 PSA machines. I use the sequel machines. my system digitally controls the PSA machines and compresses the oxygen they generate, turnining them on when ltank pressure drops below 50 and turning them off when tank pressure reaches 95.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:04pm

website?
Old 2013-02-03, 5:10am

i'm drooling just thinking about it. i'm pretty sure it's out of my price range but i'd like to hear more.
Old 2013-02-03, 10:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by borowalla View Post
Thanks. it sounds like you know a bit about my system but let me just say it's designed for high oxygen use, generating up to 60 liters per minute or more at 95 psi. in my test Studio I'm able to power a GTT Mirage or a Carlisle cc with only 3 PSA machines. I use the sequel machines. my system digitally controls the PSA machines and compresses the oxygen they generate, turnining them on when ltank pressure drops below 50 and turning them off when tank pressure reaches 95.
How much power does it use? I have heard of systems like these tripping breakers a lot...

How loud is it? I know I dont like something super loud while I work?

What kind of advantages does it have over say an onsite pro 8?

What kind of price range are you looking it? I think a short video would do you a lot of good as to showing its capabilities.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:54am

Interested as well. Please and thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-03, 3:56pm

I would be interested in such a system but only if I knew more about you and your company and its history. Posting your name and a website or other marketing material would be a good start.
Old 2013-07-11, 4:15pm
borowalla

Check out the High Volume Oxygen page on facebook. I see a lot of people looking for solutions to the high cost of oxygen. I've got a system that will run the bigger torches and pay for itself in 1 to 2 years for big oxygen users. Feel free to write to me and ask questions.
Old 2013-07-12, 5:11pm
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePatron View Post
Homefill.

All you need to do is sell a few concentrators and buy the Homefill top unit and a whip to your K tank. Problem solved for around $600-800.

p.s., I have two conecntrators for the homefill on the garage sale forum right now, brand new in the box. Most will work, but these are designed for it.

gl
This is the hot tip! I have been filling my own K tanks for a while now. I have 2 tanks. I run a Mirage and fill one tank while using the other. I bought my Homefill system used for under $500 and the whip setup was another $95. They wouldn't deliver LOX to my location so I fill my own. Electricity cost per tank (from empty to 2000lbs) is about $4.00.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-12, 6:19pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
dr bill, why would you put 5 LOX tanks together? it's overkill....nobody needs 5 lox tanks to power a minor.

again i think your confused and you have 5 compressed oxy tanks and your getting your terminology mixed up.

what do your tanks look like? that should go a long way towards clearing this up because again, noboday needs 5 lox tanks for a minor burner.
Read his post again. here is a part of what he said:

"I made a manifold to put 5 LOX tanks together thinking I would need that much and found out all I needed was 1."
Old 2013-07-13, 3:27pm

i did.....that was MONTHS ago. get with it.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:54pm

The Homefills can be had way way cheap if you find the right deal. You have to keep your eye on criegs list. I bought one the other day and it had the concentrator with it. The guy who was using it had died a few weeks before so his roomie was selling it. I paid $300 for the whole thing.
Khan
Old 2013-07-15, 12:25pm

now that is deal of the century!
Old 2013-07-18, 8:27am
borowalla

Have you looked into the High Volume Oxygen system. Full disclosure -- i'm the creator, but I'm also a lampworker. contact me if you're interested in learning about it.
Marc Kornbluh
402 990-6144
Old 2013-07-18, 11:10am

i'll bet your system is good as all get out, but for $800 you can get a homefill w/oxycon and whip.....

i'd love one of your systems, as even a homefill is a pain the ass for me, but i just can't swing the cash, and i think people are daunted at that kind of price tag.

please understand, i'm not saying it's not worth it, it probably is, but when compared to small oxycon systems it's way more $.

then again, those who run big torches probably have more use for your system, as small oxycons only go so far.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:12am

i'm sure if i had a mirage, or a kobuki (something that can drain a k in a day) your system would kick ass.
Old 2013-07-22, 9:06pm
borowalla

Thanks. I started a thread in the boro room.