LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-07-05, 2:22pm

Default Need help with pink leopard spots

Does anyone have any insight on making pink leopard beads? I have the regular colors fine, but when i tried to switch to pink I am confounded. I tried using bullseye--the really light bubblegum pink for the base, and black for spots, but when I put on the darker pink (not a transparent) the black shows through. Help!
Old 2008-07-05, 2:42pm
Sorry for party rockin'

I wonder if it's because you're using Bullseye . .. those colors tend to be more opalescent and maybe not opaque enough.

Do you have effetre glass?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-05, 3:09pm

Yes, but I don't think i have anything dark enough for the dark pink. Now I am experimenting with encasing in pink. I may work better.
Old 2008-07-05, 3:56pm
I speak Murrini!

Something like this, dahling?:

(And please HOLD THE "COUGAR" references - THANK YOU!!!)

This is done in Moretti; but if you have a similar pallet to work from, this was my "method":

1. Base of Pale/Lt. Pink
2. Small "clusters" of 3-4 "dots" (groupings, depending on size of base) of Intense Black
3. Dot in center of IB clusters using Reich 104 Opal Raspberry
4. Complete encasing with either Clear or Very Pale Trans. Pink

Hope this helps!

~DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-06, 6:30am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

DeAnne, what a fab combination!!!

Old 2008-07-06, 7:26am
Sorry for party rockin'

Oooh DeAnne, that bead is great

Old 2008-07-06, 7:37am

OH Man I want those Glasses!!!!! lol

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-07-06, 10:02am

ah yes. I am doing much better now. the encasing made all the difference. Thank you!
Old 2008-07-06, 12:20pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Raaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2008-07-06, 12:38pm
Detail G-Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post

(And please HOLD THE "COUGAR" references - THANK YOU!!!)

~DeAnne in CA
Tee hee! The bead looks perfect with those glasses!

Old 2008-07-06, 1:03pm
I speak Murrini!

FYI: I give full credit to Gina (gmdlampwork) and Becky Mason for their great guidance in the "how to" part of making a leopard/animal print bead! I think there is a tut on WetCanvas somewhere, but it looks like they are working on their site right now and I can't link it.

Just wanted to give credit where credit is greatly due!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-06, 1:18pm

FAB Glasses!!!!. the bead matches perfectly!!
Debi
Old 2008-07-08, 6:59am

What a great bead. I have some black, and was trying to make black and white beads, but the black would heat up, combine with the white, and turn a pinkish light purple. I think I can use this black, on a bead like this, and it would be beautiful, just letting it do its thing, instead, of fighting the glass color. Thanks for the visual. Pics, are so inspiring.

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[