Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-18, 9:49am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginko View Post
You would think I received a package of gold. My BoM arrived Saturday. Thanks, Kevin!
I know, right? DH tried to touch the box when it arrived and almost lost his hand. Mitts OFF the BOM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-18, 7:35pm
Ave

Got my BOM Saturday..Oh Yeah.. torch party all week!! Hugging the box all the way down to the studio..
Ave

Old 2011-07-18, 8:57pm
Bad Cat Glass

It's sad how little it takes for me to get excited. My BOM arrived on Fri, so I can finally stop hoarding the last half bottle I had left. I really didn't know what I was going to do after that. Seems as if nothing holds up as well for heating and cooling and reheating, which silver glass often requires. I just hope he stays in business!
Old 2011-07-18, 10:23pm

So is it as good as before?
Old 2011-07-21, 7:51am
Crazy Snake Lady

OMG mine arrived within 3 days of ordering and it's exactly the same as ever - I'm soooooo happy!!!!! I was hoarding and watering down what I had left and it was almost gone so this couldn't have come at a better time.

Thank you!!!
Old 2011-07-21, 8:27am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen Isaacs View Post
So is it as good as before?
IMHO, it sure is. Same formula, delivered quickly. I'm a happy camper.

Old 2011-07-21, 9:30am

I just ordered some. I hadn't torched in several years and when I tried again I reconstituted some old release. I was thinking "I need to just buy some new bead release" when I saw this thread.

I missed whatever drama was involved with BOM and that's just fine with me. Glad they're producing/delivering as before. When I used to order mine I had no problem at all.

I also used to love Foster Fire release. Are they still around?

Seems like I've tried so many over the years but FF and BOM were my favorites.
Old 2011-07-21, 4:07pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

Well, I'm convinced. I was waiting to hear if it was being delivered, and if it was exactly the same. Sounds like it is! Yay!

Old 2011-07-22, 2:56am
what's a senior moment ?

Roberta, I think you & everyone else that was concerned have nothing to worry about. I got my first bottle last week and have 2 more on the way. Kevin called me yesterday to let me know they were coming. He had forgotten he was going to replace the first bottle with another one, felt bad he forgot and instead of sending one, is sending two ! How cool is that ?

Old 2011-07-22, 6:07am
Resident hippie

I'm so bummed that there is, as yet, no shipping outside the US.
I actually bought two jars before reading the whole home page.
I was reimbursed the money but would so much rather have had the BoM. . .

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2011-07-22, 6:34am
N2Beadz

I still have two containers unopened sitting with my other untouched lampwork area. Still went and ordered one bottle just in case the bug bites me to play on the torch with fall right around the corner. Knowing my luck my shelved unused bottles would be dried up to dust.

Old 2011-07-22, 7:45am
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post
I still have two containers unopened sitting with my other untouched lampwork area. Still went and ordered one bottle just in case the bug bites me to play on the torch with fall right around the corner. Knowing my luck my shelved unused bottles would be dried up to dust.
I've had one bottle sitting for probably close to a year and it's just fine. Just needs to have a bit of water added to thin it down just a little. I have shaken it up occassionally just to see if it was still liquid though.

Old 2011-07-22, 12:18pm
God laughs; so should you

Well...hello everyone. This is Kevin from TimberWolf Studios (Bucket O' Mud). I know some of you are mad or upset at me; I understand this. I know some of you are neutral about me; I understand this. I know some of you are glad to see I'm still alive and am back on the scene. To you, I am grateful and appreciative.
It's been a long road back, but we have arrived. There have been a lot of bumps in the road. I guess it's true: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This is the way I feel about Bucket O' Mud. I am more committed than ever to provide you with the best release possible, and do it in a timely manner. As our web site says, we are shipping all orders within five days. I am calling a lot of customers upon receiving their orders, so if you place an order, don't be surprised if your phone rings and it's me on the other end.
I apologize for being out of the loop here on LE, but perhaps you can understand my apprehension even coming here. But it's time to face the music.
This time...I'm not going away.
Old 2011-07-22, 12:20pm
Newfoundland lover!

Welcome back, Kevin. Good luck with your fresh start! I'll be getting some when my current release stash is done.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2011-07-22, 2:05pm

Default Alcohol

No, this isn't the last call for alcohol.
I'd be really interested to know what sort of alcohol you guys have used in bead releases to keep algae from forming. Although I have resolved the problem in BOM, I'd still sleep a little better knowing there is a way to permanently eliminate the problem.
So...if you know what sort of alcohol (just plain rubbing alcohol?) would be best to use, I'll include it in my batches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:
Old 2011-07-22, 2:16pm
A True Woofer

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173714

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58102

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34785

Here are some threads where people talk about adding alcohol to the bead release. Usually it's vodka.

Old 2011-07-22, 2:33pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

It's good to hear from you Kevin. I've always loved BOM, and I'm glad it's back!

Old 2011-07-22, 3:20pm

Hey JavaGrirlBT, thanks so much for the links. It sounds as though I can get a little tipsy while I'm making the Mud. On second thought, perhaps I should wait until I'm done with the Mud!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:
Old 2011-07-22, 3:26pm

It seems some are upset because I'm not shipping outside the continental U.S. The reason is fairly straightforward. Since we are not charging shipping, it would be prohibitively expensive to ship anywhere but the continental U.S.
As a for instance, to ship to Canada would cost $16.81. Is there a profit margin built in that allows that sort of shipping charge? Unfortunately not. It's not as though we don't want to ship elsewhere, it's just that we can't afford to at this time.
If sales go through the roof, anything is possible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:
Old 2011-07-22, 3:36pm
Resident hippie

Hi Kevin! You did send me some before and I love it. I still have a bit left. At one point it did go a bit green - I shook it up, it passed and there is no sign of it now.
I'm not upset with you - just disappointed. I really am prepared to paypal you the cost of sending it to me - and I'm sure it will be more than to Canada.

Come on peeps - make the sales go through the roof. (I'm surprised they haven't already).

Old 2011-07-22, 4:37pm
Jacqueline Parkes

How do others manage to ship bottles of bead release to Canada then?

Old 2011-07-22, 5:02pm

I would be interested to know if others are shipping to Canada as part of a larger order, or are they charging shipping?
I would be surprised if anyone is shipping a single bottle of bead release to Canada free of shipping charges. If there are, please let me know. They may know more than I.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:

Last edited by TheMudGuy; 2011-07-22 at 5:04pm.
Old 2011-07-22, 5:29pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I sent you a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMudGuy View Post
I would be interested to know if others are shipping to Canada as part of a larger order, or are they charging shipping?
I would be surprised if anyone is shipping a single bottle of bead release to Canada free of shipping charges. If there are, please let me know. They may know more than I.

Old 2011-07-22, 6:16pm

OK everyone, or at least those who this concerns. I am going to figure out a way to ship outside the U.S. Just give me few days to put this together. As soon as I've got my chickens in a row (or is it ducks?) I will post here and let everyone know.
The last thing I want to do is push business away. Rather, I want to draw it toward me.
I already have a thought in mind for shipping. Just give me a few days to finalize the idea.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:
Old 2011-07-22, 8:13pm

Hey Kevin, welcome back!

Why don't you just charge to ship outside of the U.S. at whatever the shiping rate is for each person's country?

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-07-23, 2:45am
what's a senior moment ?

Glad to see you posting here Kevin ! I was just thinking, it might be a great idea to start a fresh thread to let folks know you ARE back and here to stay. I know there are over 700 views on this thread but there are alot of folks that won't come back to this thread and therefore have no idea you're posting and back in business full swing. Maybe a post in the Sale Rack in The Mall ? Just a thought you may want to consider.
Wishing you all the best ! So glad you are back in business !

Old 2011-07-23, 2:37pm
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMudGuy View Post
OK everyone, or at least those who this concerns. I am going to figure out a way to ship outside the U.S. Just give me few days to put this together. As soon as I've got my chickens in a row (or is it ducks?) I will post here and let everyone know.
The last thing I want to do is push business away. Rather, I want to draw it toward me.
I already have a thought in mind for shipping. Just give me a few days to finalize the idea.
Doin' the happy dance . . .

I want two bottles when you work it out Kevin.

Old 2011-07-23, 6:40pm

Well BeadAnna, you will have the good news soon.
Completing the final steps in getting this thing going.
I'm telling ya, I won't let you guys down.
This is a new side of me that perhaps not too many people have see.
Take a new look...see the new me!

And by the way...fun to see another hippie! I grew up walking through the intersection of Haight and Ashbury, in its' "hayday" twice a day on my way to and from high school. What a strange trip that was.
Let the good times roll.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bucket O' Mud web site:

Last edited by TheMudGuy; 2011-07-23 at 6:45pm.
Old 2011-07-23, 8:31pm

I ordered, I got it, I'm HAPPY!

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2011-07-23, 8:44pm

I ordered, I got it, I'm HAPPY!

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11