Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2013-12-03, 4:55pm

Question gtt with tank oxy and concentrator?

I getting ready to order a scorpion or sidewinder (preferably the sidewinder) from gtt, since i have never used or even seen a concentrator used before my question is am i able to hook up the torch with both...say run the center flame on tank and hook up a pedal and use the outer flame on a concentrator? sorry if this is a stupid question i just only use tanked oxy and i really don't wanna get another damn tank. Thanks
Old 2013-12-03, 5:16pm

Don't see any reason why you can't. But, you can run both from 1 tank. Just go to a welding shop and buy a "Y" and split the line into 2 lines.

Bob Keyes

There is no more powerful cleaning fluid than the spit from your Mother's tongue.
Old 2013-12-03, 5:22pm
tweetysweetie

As Bob said, you can run the inner and outer flames both off of one oxy tank. Many people hook their concentrators to the inner flame and the outer ring on the oxy tank. Your oxy hoses would run one to the concentrator and the other to the tank, no need for the splitter.
Hopefully someone who is running the set up your wanting will check in here and verify.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-12-03, 5:31pm

ahh ic i figured you would want it the other way around but yea hopefully someone will pop in and help out. i use the "Y" on another torch and it works good but i was just hoping that when i set up this other torch my 2nd tank would last longer than the tank hooked up the the "Y"
Old 2013-12-03, 6:18pm
I fart diamonds

You'll want to use your inner flame on the concentrator and outer on the tank. Your tank will last a lot longer because you'll only be using it when you kick on the outer flame.

Old 2013-12-03, 7:13pm
Wonder-wench

^^this

Old 2013-12-03, 8:46pm

alright well thank you! im thinking that a 8-10lpm concentrator would work for the center then?
Old 2013-12-03, 10:30pm
kinda torching....

Go for 10lpm on the center and you will be good to go mate!

Old 2013-12-04, 3:40pm

^Thanks!
Old 2013-12-04, 4:20pm

I run my wife's scorpion on 3 m20's this handles both inner and outer fire very well

#C-151
Old 2013-12-10, 11:22am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I run the center flame (Lynx) of my Kabuki on 2 Aireseps (5lpm each) and the other rings on tanks. Works well.

PJH
Old 2013-12-16, 7:20am

If you run the outer on the concentrator, the concentrator will shut off or alarm when you turn the outer off and it builds up pressure.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2013-12-16, 7:27am

I just leave the oxy on on the outer ring of my scorpion. Helps with keeping an oxy flame with boro.

They make solenoid valves that open if you use a foot pedal for your torch with concentrators.

Chuck
Old 2013-12-17, 12:05pm
Token Male

Make sure you get a 4 valve torch and not a 2 valve.