Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-11, 10:05am
Borovangelist

Default GA Color Rev: Red lace

Anyone buy it? Get it? Like it?

I skipped this one myself, just curious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2008-09-11, 10:10am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I bought some.

Waiting with baited breath.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-09-12, 10:40am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

skipped it cause I suck at all reds besides elvis and american beauty

Old 2008-09-12, 10:56am
Borovangelist

GA Garnet,visually, is nearly identical to the elvis red, though I'm finding the elvis works a little easier. Ditto for elvis yellow vs. NS Warm Yellow.

I think when it finally comes time for me to reorder on these two I'll probably go with the TAG for both (depending on the price of course )

|
|
Old 2008-09-12, 11:08am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Elvis is pretty much the main red I use.
It's SOOO bloody easy, and it NEVER livers
or looks ugly. It's great!

Old 2008-09-12, 11:15am
Button Queen

I skipped this one also. I kinda wish they would release them all at once. I'm tired of paying shipping for one color. In better economic times, I probably would have gotten it. But I'm starting to turn into my Mother... and that's NOT a pretty sight....!
Old 2008-09-12, 12:07pm
Hummel factory reject

I was thinking.... Wouldn't it be great to have these boutique colors pre-released to us here in the boro room. A trunk show of sorts. We could just buy directly from GA, or other manufacturers for that matter, before they go on the bay? We a formidable group of users who jones after the new glass.

lori

Old 2008-09-12, 12:17pm
Borovangelist

they kind of do that via their mailing list, but yeah, an "advanced sale" would be sweet. They certainly wouldn't lose any money on it

|
|
Old 2008-09-12, 12:19pm
Wild at Heart!

I got it.. it arrived day before yesterday and I haven't even have time to open the box!!

Don't ask me why I paid for shipping when I could have driven there and picked it up!!

??
Old 2008-09-12, 12:29pm
Borovangelist

Oh man, I'd go pick it up just to hang out and pester them for info on other colors they might have laying around!

|
|
Old 2008-09-12, 12:38pm
Wild at Heart!

I do that sometimes. lol! I just didn't have time this week. Susan and Henry and the GA staff are the best

??
Old 2008-09-12, 1:34pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I am SO lucky I don't live near that store.

...and anyone who DOES live near there, if you see something
you think I need, PM me ASAP and let me know! I'll make it worth
your while!! I'm not above bribery for someone who has immediate
access to cool stuff.

Old 2008-09-12, 1:35pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
they kind of do that via their mailing list, but yeah, an "advanced sale" would be sweet. They certainly wouldn't lose any money on it
I would totally love to have an LE club for GA for advance sales on new colors.
That would be awesome. Even if it was for ISGB or WC or just a membership club,
I'd totally join up.

Old 2008-09-12, 7:02pm
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
I am SO lucky I don't live near that store.

...and anyone who DOES live near there, if you see something
you think I need, PM me ASAP and let me know! I'll make it worth
your while!! I'm not above bribery for someone who has immediate
access to cool stuff.
Weeeeeeeeeellll.. if I had that persons phone number I could call them immediately while I was there.... hmmmmmmm.....

??
Old 2008-09-12, 7:13pm
Ad astra per aspera

No pictures????

Old 2008-09-12, 8:00pm
Wild at Heart!

okay.. an email address and I could take a picture with my iphone and email it

??
Old 2008-09-12, 8:03pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
okay.. an email address and I could take a picture with my iphone and email it
I PM'd you my phone number and I'm sending you my email addy now too.
I'll give you my show size, bra size and any other pertinent info - just score me
some glass .

Old 2008-09-12, 8:06pm
Wild at Heart!

Shoe size?? you want adidas shoes too?? I get 50% off anytime for life I've been bra shopping for another woman at GS before.. I didn't really like it! It's one of those don't ask things...

??
Old 2008-09-12, 8:09pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
Shoe size?? you want adidas shoes too?? I get 50% off anytime for life I've been bra shopping for another woman at GS before.. I didn't really like it! It's one of those don't ask things...
Now you're just saying that to make me drool.

Anyway, after I get through with you at GA, it's not like I'm
going to have anything left for shoes - 50% off or not .

Old 2008-09-12, 8:21pm
Wild at Heart!

ooh.. blech! that landed on my shoe. Stop drooling!!! Great, now I'M going to need another pair of shoes.

After all this I'm going to have to beg GS if they say they don't have anything. I don't think I could bare to disappoint you!

??
Old 2008-09-14, 5:58am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

living in driving distance from GA? that's like having a glassgasm on a regular base

Old 2008-09-16, 12:17pm

We're so lucky in Portland, GA, NS, TAG, also BE. Momka's not too far.

|
Old 2008-09-16, 10:48pm
Corgi Cult Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendar420 View Post
I'd be broke for sure if I lived there!

Old 2008-09-17, 7:39am
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendar420 View Post
Wouldn't that be awesome. Man, I don't live within driving distance to anything. Cows and farm fields, that's about it.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-09-17, 7:58am
In search of her path....

id just have to get a job at one of those places it would be far to tempting otherwise to spend every ounce of money i had on glass if i lived there lol.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-09-17, 9:51am

I am always spending my extra $$ on new glass and I don't even live near them! I can't even imagine if I lived within driving distance!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-09-17, 11:36am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
I am always spending my extra $$ on new glass and I don't even live near them! I can't even imagine if I lived within driving distance!
I can.
Back when Winship was in Torrance, I was there practically
every week. I didn't buy much qty wise, but I sure bought more
than I needed! And the SALE table....oh lordy, I had so much fun
there....

Now if I can just get Donna (the mandrel) to fill up those boro shelves already .....

Old 2008-09-17, 5:15pm

LAFF! Karen, Donna's already carrying our 104, and I'm sure she'd stock our boro too if you ask! Arrow Springs just picked up our boro line, too, in time for Brent's class down there last week. That reminds me... need to send more Penumbra....

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2008-09-18, 8:42pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
LAFF! Karen, Donna's already carrying our 104, and I'm sure she'd stock our boro too if you ask! Arrow Springs just picked up our boro line, too, in time for Brent's class down there last week. That reminds me... need to send more Penumbra....
Last time I was in her store, she showed me the brand spanking new
"boro shelves", just waiting to have their tummies filled!
I crossed her palm with some of my boro odds in the hopes that
she gets the boro fever faster .

I love TAG glass. One of the boro boys was playing with the
reformulated (?) wisteria at Glass Stock, and it was just
creamy-dreamy.

Last edited by Karen Hardy; 2008-09-18 at 9:10pm.
Old 2008-09-24, 11:49am

She's GOT boro fever but I'm not sure why she's holding out! Maybe she wants a new torch first! lololol

Heidi

~~
~~