Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2007-09-22, 12:36am

Default Alaska Bead Society Show at the Anchorage Museum

October 13 & 14. I will be there with Darby Andrews (DRB Thunderfoot). Anyone else from LE?

Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-10-10, 9:42pm

Oh man, i wish I were going! I love Alaska! Is it a good show? would it be financially worth it to travel there from Washington state? Lois
Old 2007-10-10, 9:48pm

tell me about it laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-10-11, 9:33am
I'm not Barbie.

I'll be there on Saturday!!!
Old 2007-10-11, 9:36am

what is it donna?? a bead show??

Old 2007-10-11, 2:42pm

Default up from Juneau

I'll be there with a table and doing a demo slot on Sat! I can't wait to meet some of you guys. I have heard that it is a nice show!
Tasha
Basement Studios
Juneau, AK

Hot beads from the cold North!
Old 2007-10-15, 9:42am

Tasha, it was great meeting you - I hope you did well. Donna - I missed you, and really wanted to meet you - hopefully next time. Josie and Lois - It was primarily a bead show - about 50 vendors (all Alaska Bead Society members), with maybe 15-20% lampworkers. Most vendors mentioned that sales were horrible, but it was my first show and I sold a bunch of stuff without any preconceived expectations. Thanks to the great advice I have received from other LE folks, I really felt prepared for this show. I sold about 1/3 of my stock (was terrified I wouldn't have enough) - and had asked Darby to share my table since it was my first. We both demo'd in the fishbowl and the place was packed both days from open till close. Definately an eye opener on what sells and what doesn't. I put out a wonky bowl of misfit fugleys, and I probably sold $200 worth at 5 per - I made a remark to one customer about it, and she said that everyone wants a good deal and these were one - go figure. I didn't sell a single one of my flower necklaces (and I made a ton of them) - but sold a ton of turtles and a good handful of focals, wine-stoppers, and zipper pulls/cell phone charms (all snowmen). The museum takes 25% plus the table fee, so it was stout, but it was worth it to me because I was asked by 2 galleries to sell my glass there (YEAH!). I can't think of a more amazing venue - Darby and I were in the gallery off the main floor, centered in the room under the Sidney Laurence (Mt. McKinley 29) that the guard quoted at $1.4m (no pressure, eh?). Security was lovely - we were able to set up the night before, glass included, because they have 24 hour strolling guards and video everywhere. The other vendors were very friendly, and I met a bunch of LErs strolling - For a first show it was fantastic and I would definately recommend it, at a minimum to just check it out - Laura