Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-12-09, 11:14pm
Bernhard Riegler

Default avoiding condensation in tubing

Hi to everyone!
I was wondering if anybody has a trick to avoid the condensation thats happening inside the tube, while you work it? It happens about 2" from the heated part - actual drops of water forming inside the tube. This is a problem for me, because I want to drop some very fine glass frit into the tube and it always gets caught by the condensation . . . it just wont get down to where I want it - - one of those anoying little problems . . did anyone find a way to deal with that or has any ideas?
best regards - Bernhard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-12-10, 4:02am
hyperT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
Hi to everyone!
I was wondering if anybody has a trick to avoid the condensation thats happening inside the tube, while you work it? It happens about 2" from the heated part - actual drops of water forming inside the tube. This is a problem for me, because I want to drop some very fine glass frit into the tube and it always gets caught by the condensation . . . it just wont get down to where I want it - - one of those anoying little problems . . did anyone find a way to deal with that or has any ideas?
best regards - Bernhard
It must be really humid there. May not be able to prevent it from happening but you can warm the tube to drive it out before you put the frit in even if you have to attach a handle to it. Or run some ox in there to evaporate it.
Old 2014-12-10, 4:26am
Now part of the Dark Side

Usually this comes from torch exhaust. When closing the bottom of the tube, angle the tubing so that the flame cannot enter the bottom of the tube.

Remember from chemistry class, the products of combustion are carbon dioxide and water.(idealy)

Last edited by Dragonharper; 2014-12-10 at 4:30am.
Old 2014-12-10, 9:22am
ManBearPig

I get that same thing. I just stick it in the kiln for a few minutes (with the handle sticking out) and let it evaporate.

Old 2014-12-10, 12:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I get that same thing. I just stick it in the kiln for a few minutes (with the handle sticking out) and let it evaporate.
thats how I deal with it.