Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-12-09, 4:31pm
Life is Short,Art is Long

Default Glasshawk Apricot

Does anyone have experience with this color?

I bought some from Vapor Glass and have been playing with it. Its totally awsome!!! Small round beads have a clear orangey topaz color with threads of redish purple. Larger beads (meaning for me, I worked the glass more) its an antique yellow honey color and begins to become more opaque.

I have no idea if I am using the color correctly, but either way, I love the results. I'll post some pictures later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-12-09, 4:45pm

Default Pictures

The base of the three focal beads is the apricot glass. The tiny test beads are also apricot, one is apricot over star white.

Old 2007-12-09, 6:46pm
Mandrel Slayer

I have some I got from ABR and the stuff is great. There is also a color called Carmello from Glasshawk that is great as well. It's a silver based caramel that hold its color for me. I am butterscotch challenged and mine always turns purple or poop when I don't want it so I love this carmello.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-12-09, 7:33pm
needs to light the torch.

OooooooOOOooooooo.... pretty!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2007-12-10, 1:25pm

Very nice! Does it strike as easily as the reds? Glasshawk makes some awesome glass!

Vanessa
Old 2007-12-10, 9:06pm

I haven't tried their other colors, but will soon!!! Not sure if I am striking it correctly on the larger beads because of the honey color, but I like it anyway