Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-09-04, 6:48pm

Default Help please...I'm looking for...

I hope this is the right place to post this...If not, let me know.

1. I'm needing to find a supplier for a gold paint. I heard of it from a beader, but she didn't choose to let me know where to get it. From what she said, you make the bead, then paint the gold on, then fire it. Supposidly it looks like real gold.

2. Does any one know a supplier for gold filled (gold over silver) 3mm and 4mm beads and bracelet toggels?

I've searched the sites I'm familiar with, but haven't found the above. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks you,

Joanie
Old 2010-09-04, 8:49pm

have you tried Delphiglass.com or riogrande.com?
Those would be the first places I'd look
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-04, 8:53pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is just one of a few gold paints they carry. Hopefully it's what your looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-05, 1:14pm
Burning through glass

You can try this place too....
. Seems to be a little more affordable than other places I've looked at. Also, you want to be aware of the firing temp, obviously the lower the better for beads.
Used to be this paint was called "Hanovia", but I think they're no longer, but that might be a place to start doing Google research for other names.

Have you looked at Etsy for toggles?

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2010-09-05, 3:44pm

Default Thank You!

Thank you for your input...I'll check them out. I really appreciate this website, everyone was so helpful when I was setting up my bead business last year.
Old 2010-09-07, 2:20pm

Be sure you have good ventilation! Fumes can be toxic from what i hear too.

Old 2010-09-07, 2:26pm
Experimentalist

Quote:

2. Does any one know a supplier for gold filled (gold over silver) 3mm and 4mm beads and bracelet toggels?

BTW, gold-filled isn't gold over silver. Gold-filled is heavy gold plating bonded to a base metal. Vermeil is gold over sterling silver.

Hope that helps!

I think Rio Grande (as mentioned previously) has a large selection of metal components. Also try MonsterSlayer.com

Old 2010-09-08, 7:40am
Will work for glass...

Another item you might find handy...Thompson enamels makes a coating similar to a "wet" version of the mica powders that resembles "gold paint" when you apply it to the surface of the glass. It can be applied directly to the surface of the hot glass and annealed in the same way you would anneal enamels or mica powders.