Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2005-11-05, 7:08pm
Moving On

Default Pappashop is the BEST!!!!!

I just spent more than an hour (probably waaaaaaay more) on the phone with Alex from Pappashop. He set up a sample of what my website would be like if transfered to his system, and then talked me through the whole thing...what every instruction is, what he can do, what I can do, what will be there for my customers....OMG....now THIS is customer service!!!!!!!

I'm spending this week rebuilding the site, and then the site will be down briefly next weekend while the domain transfers over. No more 3-listings for each frit....Drop down menus with the right prices for each size container, sigh....I'm in heaven!!!!!!!

I'm sure there will be some tweaking as we adjust, but I'm so excited!!! If you haven't checked out Pappashop's work, and are interested in a new webhost or are starting from scratch, I can't recommend them enough!!!! I kind of wish I hadn't come up with a new design I like...Their website designs are so pretty/cute/spunky/whateveryouwant them to be!!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-05, 7:38pm

Gail I agree 100% I LOVE the service, style and EVERYTHING about pappashop!

Silver Mist Studios

High Quality Handcrafted Jewelry

Old 2005-11-06, 8:02pm

THANK YOU, thank you , thank you!!!!

I'm so glad you posted this - I just went out and sent an email to Pappashop - I've been desperately looking for a solution for my website. I had someone desing it and set it up for me, I really love the design, but it was all set up in HTML code, which I have no clue about, and I have not been able to update it for well over a year, it's really outdated! I'm so excited, this may be my solution!
Old 2005-11-08, 5:48am
The Venerable Bead

you won't be disappointed Alex is a very nice man and will explain everything until you get it. I LOVE LOVE my site. He took a design I already had and put it into his program so that NOW I have complete control. Excellent product, excellent customer service=very happy customer

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2005-11-08, 3:19pm

Paula!

Your site and design are beautiful!!! Wowee..love it!

Old 2005-11-08, 3:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Joseph
I just spent more than an hour (probably waaaaaaay more) on the phone with Alex from Pappashop. He set up a sample of what my website would be like if transfered to his system, and then talked me through the whole thing...what every instruction is, what he can do, what I can do, what will be there for my customers....OMG....now THIS is customer service!!!!!!!

I'm spending this week rebuilding the site, and then the site will be down briefly next weekend while the domain transfers over. No more 3-listings for each frit....Drop down menus with the right prices for each size container, sigh....I'm in heaven!!!!!!!

I'm sure there will be some tweaking as we adjust, but I'm so excited!!! If you haven't checked out Pappashop's work, and are interested in a new webhost or are starting from scratch, I can't recommend them enough!!!! I kind of wish I hadn't come up with a new design I like...Their website designs are so pretty/cute/spunky/whateveryouwant them to be!!!!

And I assume they are very resonable and very user friendly?
Old 2005-11-08, 3:47pm

OH EXTREMELY! I have had several other websites before, and have never had so much control myself. I can even add my own pages.

Silver Mist Studios

High Quality Handcrafted Jewelry

Old 2005-11-08, 4:59pm
Moving On

I've had websites made with Frontpage (by me, hosted on Freemerchant years ago), and with at least 6 different hosts, all with "user friendly" controls. This is the first where the web host actually talked me through everything ON THE PHONE, and I know for a fact that he will call back with answers to questions (or email, if that's what I want). Want to display your photos a certain way? **poof** it is done. Want a funky way of calculating shipping? ***poof*** Alex not only understands your pain, but can make it go away and rig up a way to do what you want! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

I'm paying $10/month for hosting (very reasonable), and $199 to "bring my own site". That means I already had a design/template I was using and liked.. But Alex has been very nice about helping me change aspects that I didn't like (I'm playing with new buttons now). It is more if they design it, but I would have gladly paid it if I hadn't finally made one I like by myself. I really, really love their designs. I know people who have paid thousands for their sites (Olympic Color Rod paid an unbelievable amount--great site, but I could never afford it), and I suppose you could find some starving graphic/web artist who might be cheaper for the design part, but if you want something gorgeous/functional/with pizazz and know that it will not only do everything you can think of...but tons that you never even thought of....go with Pappashop!!! I only wish I had found them in July when my site crashed and burned. I'm rebuilding this week with Pappashop, and it is taking perhaps 1/5 of the time as on my current host.

Good luck!--Gail

Old 2005-11-08, 7:12pm

Thanks for the input - I love all of your sites! I decided to go with Alex, we are working on my site right now - I can't wait until it's done!!

Compared to what I've seen out there, his prices are very reasonable, and his work looks great!
Old 2005-11-08, 7:26pm

Just testing this out - I'm trying to add a signature to my posts!!

Old 2005-11-09, 10:55am
The Venerable Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by beading57
Paula!

Your site and design are beautiful!!! Wowee..love it!
thank you susan!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2005-11-09, 1:16pm

your site is great! but now i think i may have to buy that blood red boro bracelet! it's gorgeous!!!!

Old 2005-11-09, 5:27pm

I can't wait...They are building my web site from scratch!
Old 2005-11-10, 10:12am
Carpe Beadum

Y'all have convinced me!! I might have to switch now *Grins*

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2005-11-11, 7:22am
Booger #7

Alex and Jocelyn just rock...alex spent a ton of time with me on the phone when I was switching over sites to my new one from him with an email problem...I mean hours and he has been nothing, but fantastic in answering any questions I've had promptly!!!! Jocelyn is just the sweetest person too...she and Lelia did a fab job on my website logo and colors...just what I wanted!!! Run don't walk to them if you are looking at new webby! It is money well spent!

Old 2005-11-11, 7:48am

Alex is making me a web site too.......can't wait to see it.
Ronnie
Old 2005-11-11, 2:19pm

Sue - I love your site - it looks great!! AND your beads - really nice work!!

Old 2005-11-11, 2:46pm
Booger #7

Thanks so much Laura! I still have a ton of work to do on it. I didn't realize how much I had on my old site that crashed that I had put there over the course of a year or so that would have to be replaced and how looooong it would take. I'm still hunting up pics for the gallery and things that go in the catalog, but the content is getting there!

Thanks for checking it out!!!

Old 2005-11-12, 9:46am
Sombody's Mom

Thank you all SO much for the glowing reviews!!! We appreciate it so much.

Its people like you that make everything we do so worthwhile.

Here's to you!
Jocelyn (& Alex)
Old 2005-11-14, 12:57pm

Default Pappashop Rocks!!

Alex tranformed my website into something that I can finally use (I'm HTML challenged, and haven't been able to update my site since it was created!). I don't have any content up yet, but I am so absolutely thrilled with what I can do now! There are a lot of little "bells & whistles" that I didn't even know that I would be getting!

Alex walked me through everything on the phone yesterday, going through all of the functions, etc. And he did this all in record time, with prompt responses to all of my messages! I highly recommend!!!

THANK YOU Alex!!
Laura

Old 2005-11-15, 9:41pm

I don't have a site yet but would consider Pappashop. All the sites look great!!!
Old 2011-07-11, 2:56pm

Angry Caution- Things have changed

PappaShop used to be great but now things have changed. I receive nasty, usless responces to my email questions. No one will answer the phone. The do not seem to care that I am loosing money waiting for their response. Instead of offering help they outlined the proceedure for cancelling my service. Start with another web host before you have to move your whole site.
Old 2011-07-11, 3:55pm

I just made a few changes to my Pappashop website and I was glad I was able to figure it out after submitting support tickets. Alex was very helpful with me, and I would like to believe that if I ever had a serious problem, they would be available by phone to help me. I have been very happy with my website service and all that I've been able to learn from them. And I like my website even though it's not one of the fancy ones, it's me.
Vickie

My website:

Old 2011-07-12, 9:13am
one day at a time

Quote:
I just made a few changes to my Pappashop website and I was glad I was able to figure it out after submitting support tickets. Alex was very helpful with me, and I would like to believe that if I ever had a serious problem, they would be available by phone to help me. I have been very happy with my website service and all that I've been able to learn from them. And I like my website even though it's not one of the fancy ones, it's me.
Vickie
Very nice website, Vickie! Clean and very professional, and it's perfect with your beautiful lampwork and fantastic photos.
Old 2011-07-12, 9:38am
Carpe Beadum

Wow, this is an old thread!

For what it's worth, I did go to Pappashop in 2005, and I stayed with them for five years. I finally had to switch to a new hosting company because of email problems on their end that they could not, or would not, fix.

There are quite a few threads about Pappashop in the "Website help and critique" section of the "Business as usual" area of LE. A quick search there would bring them up.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2011-07-12, 2:08pm

Quote:
Very nice website, Vickie! Clean and very professional, and it's perfect with your beautiful lampwork and fantastic photos.
Thank you very much! My website template is one of their original free ones, and I made a few adjustments to suit me and match the banner I made. I think what I like the most is finding out that with NO experience, I learned a lot.
Vickie

My website:

Old 2011-12-31, 1:43am

Exclamation They do not care anymore

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAPPASHOP
I invested over $800 for a full website and they ignored my suggestions and did whatever they felt like. At first Alex was nice he said I could call them anytime I had an issue. But then when I DID have issues Alex and Jocelyn would not help me. After a dozen emails and 10+ phone calls (as well as redeeming 2 help tickets which did nothing) Jocelyn called me and she sounded drunk (or tired) and angry. She yelled at me for "bothering them" and suggested I close up shop but then refused to refund me my money!
My website was DOWN and so was my bank account!! I reported them to the BBB.... they have 3 strikes against them already. Just google "papashop" and look at the reviews.

From the pappashop facebook page I found them on youtube after Jocelyn posted videos. This is the face of pappashop:

just so you know who you're giving your money to. do not expect to get help when you need it. Not after they take your money!

check them also at the bbb

Quote:
PappaShop used to be great but now things have changed. I receive nasty, usless responces to my email questions. No one will answer the phone. The do not seem to care that I am loosing money waiting for their response. Instead of offering help they outlined the proceedure for cancelling my service. Start with another web host before you have to move your whole site.

Last edited by Patrickv; 2012-01-01 at 3:33pm.