Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-03-01, 8:12am
Obsessed Blogger

Default Beads going on Space Shuttle Endeavor.....

Hi everyone....The moment you have all been waiting for...

Here are the artists who have beads who will be going on the NASA launch, Shuttle Endeavour on April 19 and helping to bring enCOURAGEment to our over 15,000 kids from over 91 hospitals now:

Marcy Lamberson
Terry Fout (4)
Cathy Lybarger
Kristina Floyd (3)
Shelley Batch-Morren (2)
Robert Simmons (2)
Shannon Vickers
Laurie Ament
Cori Ruszkowski
Chris Mode
Jeannie Cox
JC Herrell
Emiko Sawamoto
Lara Lutrick
Lee Woodburn
Jeri Warhaftig
Julie Levitt
Diana Rast
Don Meadows
Deborah Sims
Michelle Jensen
Ginny Sycurro
Judy Carlson
Kris Schaible
Candice Kind-Palgut
Dawn Ceccacci
Dee (Madai) Frey
Michelle Pearson
Kristy Nijenkamp
Laura Bowker
Kristen Higgenbotham
Nick Shook

Congratulations to all! And thank you for your great work that truly does help kids know that we are pulling for them and thinking of them!

(I will be sending out personal emails later today).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LoriGreenberg; 2011-03-01 at 10:39am.
Old 2011-03-01, 8:21am

YAY, I'm so excited! Congrats everyone!

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-03-01, 8:21am
Shelarious

Yay yay yay yay!!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

Old 2011-03-01, 8:25am
Your Royal Fritness

I'm So EXCITED! Congratulations Everyone!

Old 2011-03-01, 8:26am
Isinglass Design

My name is on the list! You don't know how happy this makes me! My dad was a NASA engineer- my bead on the shuttle is dedicated to him- also to my mother, whose birthday falls the day after the shuttle launches. XO to my Dad and Mom!

Laurie
Old 2011-03-01, 8:43am
StudioMarcy

How exciting. Congratulations to all!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-01, 8:50am
Astro Cat

I am truly honored. Congrats to everyone!!
my Scorpion!

Last edited by orion; 2011-03-01 at 8:52am.
Old 2011-03-01, 9:07am

Yay!! I can't wait to see them all in person some day!
Old 2011-03-01, 9:13am

I'm one very happy space geek this morning!

Robert
Old 2011-03-01, 9:14am
Nikki Haverstock

Congrats to all of you!! Such great work
Old 2011-03-01, 9:14am

Ooh, Happy Dance...so much fun. Can you imagine the kids (especially the boys!) when they get a spacey bead that was REALLY IN SPACE! Cool.

-Kristy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-01, 9:22am
Hobby Junkie

Woohoo! I'm so excited! Congrats everyone!

Old 2011-03-01, 9:22am
over the moon space cadet

OMG!!!! The one picked must've been the one that I didn't photograph...lol. I am so lucky to have earned a spot among all of the amazing beads to be chosen for this!! All of the beads I've seen have been over the top AMAZING!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so honored to be a part of this!!! Congratulations to everyone who's going up into space! Thank you Lori and all of the judges. Thank you to BOC and NASA. Thanks to all the beadmakers who donated to this and BOC -- my fellow beadmakers are the most awesome people. I'll shut up now because this is sounding like an Oscar speech ;P
I may have to go down there and watch the launch now!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-01, 9:51am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am so freaking excited!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I was beginning to panic as I read the list, but I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone.. I need to call Terri and let her know

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-03-01, 9:57am
Yup.

Thank you! I can't wait to tell Mom & Dad!

~
~
Old 2011-03-01, 10:06am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Terri was on the monorail at disney when I called.. I told her I had bad news.... she only had 4 beads going.. She was flipping....she doesnt have net access till she returns home, she is going to call me back when she can hear better... but I could hear her husband in the background being happy

I called hubby at work, he will be taking the day off to go watch the launch with me. I can see it from my ront yard in Orlando, but I want to be MUCH closer for this launch, and I am gonna scream my fool head off!!!!!

Candice

Last edited by patienthand; 2011-03-01 at 10:09am.
Old 2011-03-01, 10:20am

Default Wow

Just wow! Congrats to everyone!
Old 2011-03-01, 10:21am

I am so happy, honored and excited to have a bead selected!! BOC is such a valuable charity and helps so many people, I really appreciate this opportunity to participate in this small way.

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-03-01, 10:35am

Quote:
I called hubby at work, he will be taking the day off to go watch the launch with me. I can see it from my ront yard in Orlando, but I want to be MUCH closer for this launch, and I am gonna scream my fool head off!!!!!

Candice
OH!! Please take pictures for us!! I am going to try to get down there, but we'll see. I would love to have pics of this

Old 2011-03-01, 10:37am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Terri has a pass for the Nasa facility that day, she will be in a better spot than me for the pics, but you can bet I will be taking some.

Old 2011-03-01, 10:45am
Obsessed Blogger

I didn't even have beads on the shuttle last time and wasn't at the launch but I cannot explain how emotional I felt knowing that I had an interest in something on it, while watching it blast off.

Hold on to your hats people...you are in for quite an experience in the next few months.

We send out press releases in your hometown areas and nationally. You may have a chance to be on tv or written up. If you are savvy in this way, please feel free to contact local sources. Please remember...these beads will not go directly to children. Nothing that goes on a shuttle flight is approved for distribution to individuals or companies. These beads will travel in an exhibit upon return and most likely end up in a museum.

BOC children will receive a custom commemorative BOC pewter shuttle bead and a poster, or other item, with pictures of the beads in space. All 15,000 kids! The astronauts on this launch are part of TEAM Beads of Courage where athletes/others carry beads on behalf of our kids, during their training, competitions or missions.

Old 2011-03-01, 10:47am
playing with fire

Congratulations to all the artists! I'm so excited to be included with such a group of talented people; and to be involved in such a good cause! xoxoxo!
Old 2011-03-01, 10:54am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Gosh how exciting! Congrats to you all! What a happy day!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2011-03-01 at 11:09am.
Old 2011-03-01, 11:05am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Oh my gosh.... how totally awesome....congratulations to everyone.... we have decided to go to the launch this time.....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-03-01, 11:16am

YA HOOOO!

When I saw my name on list, I giggled, then immediately teared up! I can't express how much this entire mission means to me, for both BOC and personally.

Congrats to everyone! And DEE, very excited for you!

Cheers~
Judy

eBay: nada!
Old 2011-03-01, 11:18am
Astro Cat

Lori, what an amazing program.
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-03-01, 11:19am
Astro Cat

Thanks Judy
. Congrats to you too!!! My eyes are still teary!!
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-03-01, 11:56am

I am so happy to have one of mine included. Congratulations Everyone!
Old 2011-03-01, 1:23pm

Lori,
Thanks so much for telling us what happens with the beads! I was wondering where they would go from space, but I did think to the kids.
This is so exciting and I was wondering if it was a little weird of me to feel a bit emotional about this, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. What a thing to be a part of!!! Our local hospital pediatric oncology ward participates in this -- I'm hoping it is actually BOC and not their own program, because this may draw more attention BOC here in the Detroit area

Old 2011-03-01, 1:32pm
StudioMarcy

I have to tell you, that I am so excited about the list...but there is one that I'm thinking you don't know...Nick Shook is my 16 year old student and he designed and made beads in class one day so they could be submitted. He is a really good kid and in one hour, he will come over for a lesson and I get to tell him the news. I can't wait to see his expression.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy