Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-05, 9:51pm
it is what it is......

ohhhhhhhh how i remember that!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:42pm
Dakine glass man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter's Flame View Post
What???

Otter
Anybody know what the kanji signs on that tat stood for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2009-08-06, 7:58am
Wooohooo,GS!

Too funny you guys! Ok, Toni, that is great but how you gonna use glass with that?

Karen, I think that is a great idea......maybe we could do it this year? I'll bring the foil

No, John, what do they mean?

Old 2009-08-06, 9:25am
San Diego Toni

Oh I got that all worked out Deb - Otter will be making a bead while I apply the tattoo! See?

John - the one of the left means love/affection, the one on the right means laugh/smile.

t

Old 2009-08-08, 6:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, it does include glass, leave it to you to find the "loophole" girl!

Old 2009-08-08, 9:02am
No longer a Member

wish I knew about this a lot sooner..............SHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Ya'll!!!!
Old 2009-08-08, 11:47am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow Joe View Post
wish I knew about this a lot sooner..............SHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Ya'll!!!!
Maybe you could be a vendor next year.
I'd love to see you do demos on how people can utilize
them purdy glow sticks of yours. Maybe a GS contest
on the best utilization of Glow Sticks?

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-08-08, 9:47pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Joe! We would love to have you anytime!
What Karen said about the stix...we are always game to try and brag on yummy glass! Karen could demo it for us

Old 2009-08-08, 10:03pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Hi Joe! We would love to have you anytime!
What Karen said about the stix...we are always game to try and brag on yummy glass! Karen could demo it for us
Mmmmm. Glow in the dark sculpted roses.

Old 2009-08-09, 8:09am
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, that is a great idea Karen! Joe PM'd me....I will see what I can do to get us some.....yum! Maybe a glow in the dark seahorse, I have been making a bunch of them again.......Mmmmmmm.......

Old 2009-08-14, 6:36am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you all know there will be a donation box for Mitchelle Toxey this year. She sadly passed away yesterday, the day before she was telling me how excited she was to go to GS.

We will be doing a tribute donation for her at GS and send it to the family. Any GS-ers that want to please bring something for the family and we will get them to them right after GS is over.

I am going to string up any beads so her Mom can wear them into a nice necklace. Please write what type of donation or bead on a business card with it so the family knows who sent something. We will also have a card everyone can sign for them.

This is just shocking and sad....it is really a wakeup call to enjoy every day, each is a blessing!

We will miss you Chelle!
deb

Old 2009-08-15, 6:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! We are going to have a stringing meeting for Mitchelle Toxey on Friday evening after dinner break. We will string up any donated beads, I have lots of findings but we could use some more Bali spacers (I am really low) and maybe some fancier clasps than I have. I have lots of earring wires, head pins, etc I can donate plus Soft Flex

My incredible friends Vanessa and Sue will be blowing a little something for the family too, anyone that wants to donate fused, torched or other items we would love to send a BIG box!

We will also be lighting torches in her honor Friday night as well!

deb

Old 2009-08-15, 12:01pm

Adding this to the list.
Joan
Old 2009-08-15, 4:08pm
Critter Mom

Sounds perfect Deb. I'll see what I can find in my stash, I don't use a lot of spacers but I may have some silver bali spacers...if I can get out to my studio before GS. At the moment it's so full of kitchen cabinets I can't even get to my torch area.

Old 2009-08-15, 5:10pm

I have a whole box of bali I will see what I can find I also have alot of fire polished beads and crystals I will bring.

Old 2009-08-15, 8:08pm
I'm meeeeelting

I have some spacers kicking around that I'm happy to donate to the cause.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-08-16, 8:09am
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, thanks everyone!!!!!!
Ok, I have Bernie, our PMC teacher, making a custom heart clasp or two for us, so that solves the clasps. I also will make some beads (yep, not fish...) and we are going to have a couple nice blown pieces done for them.

I spoke at length with Linda, Chelle's mom, yesterday and asked what her wishes were for tuition, I asked several times to send it back. She said Chelle would rather help someone, I agreed!
So, I told her I would triple the tuition and offer a scholarship in Mitchelle's name for 3 years, with a medical hardship as the requirement for applying. I think that is so wonderful! It helps keep her memory with us each year!

You are all so awesome, it brings tears to my eyes!
love and hugs all 'round, deb

Old 2009-08-16, 8:22am
Angel's Mom

YOU are awesome, Deb! What a lovely way to remember Chelle for years to come!
Old 2009-08-16, 9:01am
I'm meeeeelting

That sounds great!

Bought new jammies yesterday for the jammie jam. We're getting close... Still need to remember to take my release to work with me one of these days to get someone to notarize for me.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-16, 11:31am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Getting closer! Whoo hoo....
Tick tock, tick tock....

Old 2009-08-16, 1:54pm
Angel's Mom

Deb,

Hey, I'm already packed to go. Can we start this week instead of in 2 weeks? I might die of excitement before then.

Kris
Old 2009-08-16, 2:08pm
I'm meeeeelting

OMG. You're packed? I usually do that in the wee hours of the morning right before leaving, because I'm a big lazy procrastinator. I guess I should check my duffle with wheels to see if it's going to survive the trip, though, while I still have time to replace it if necessary. I seem to recall a zipper issue on my return from Cabo last spring.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-08-16, 4:30pm

Quote:
Ok, I have Bernie, our PMC teacher, making a custom heart clasp or two for us, so that solves the clasps. I also will make some beads (yep, not fish...) and we are going to have a couple nice blown pieces done for them.

I spoke at length with Linda, Chelle's mom, yesterday and asked what her wishes were for tuition, I asked several times to send it back. She said Chelle would rather help someone, I agreed!
So, I told her I would triple the tuition and offer a scholarship in Mitchelle's name for 3 years, with a medical hardship as the requirement for applying. I think that is so wonderful! It helps keep her memory with us each year!

That is such a awesome thing to do I know that in the years past she could not afford to go so she would love the medical hardship part for sure an dfor 3 years that is even better.

Crap I forgot about the pj's I better print off my release too or I am going to forget

Old 2009-08-16, 7:59pm
Master Procrastinator

I love the scholarship idea, esp. for a medical scholarship. And for 3 years no less! You're awesome Deb! I can't wait to meet you! Hell, I can't wait to meet ALL of you!!! I wish it were here already, but then it would be over too quick, so I'll wait (im)patiently.

I'm not sure if you saw my post in the sunroom so I'm copying it here. Marcy Lambertson went to the wake & she met both parents. Her mother has some health issues too & Marcy suggested not making the beads too large so they don't pull her down. I wrote this suggestion, which you might want to consider or possibly making bracelets for her mother & nieces who she was very close to:

I think the suggestion to make smaller beads for the necklace is an excellent one. I know that Chelle had mentioned her mother has been experiencing fainting spells. I just worry about her wearing the necklace & God forbid, getting cut with a broken bead. What do you all think about possibly stringing them all up & putting them maybe behind a glass case for her to display? Or just leaving them loose that way? This way it wouldn't matter how many beads there were....just a thought. I know that no matter what we do, it will be a wonderful remembrance for them.

Quote:

Old 2009-08-16, 8:11pm

I know Chelle has told me that her mom loves all lampwork jewelry. She bought her a bracelet from someone here on LE. Jo is in contact with a different family member maybe she can check to see which is better.

Last edited by bead crazy; 2009-08-16 at 10:37pm.
Old 2009-08-17, 5:10am

I think making her a necklace or bracelet would be nice. I know that Chelle has bought her mother jewelry in the past and she has loved it. In the last couple of weeks before her passing Chelle had been at the torch and trying to make beads so to be ready for Glass stock and be comfortable in front of a torch. She made some beads. I asked her mother if she would like us to put them in the necklace with the other beads. She is going to have someone go down to Chelle's studio and see if she can find them.
If it ends up that we are making for the two nieces. She also had a nephew, Chris. He is the one that she posted about in the sunroom. It would be nice to come up with a bead for him as well. Keeping
Thank you Bernie for the clasp(s) and Deb what a wonderful addition to have a scholarship to glass stock in Chelle's name. She would love that others get the opportunity to meet other lampworkers.
Can't wait for Glass Stock. I am going to have to get on my torch this week and come up with something for trades and Chelle.
Love all that everyone is doing. See you all soon.
jo
Old 2009-08-17, 7:33am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey all you incredibly wonderful folks! GREAT suggestions! We should make her a simple necklace, bracelet, earring set and then a couple bracelets for her nieces. We can save a particularly nice or large bead for the nephew and maybe make a keychain?

I think the scholarship idea is awesome too, so did her Mom, it helps keep her memory going! Maybe the first year I will let her choose the recipient, then a staff member after that!

Thanks Jo, Lea, Kris, Lori, Felicia and Karen! I know, wish we could start NOW and just keep going lol! It is all of you who bring this kind of excitement and anticipation to this event....you are all awesome!

Jammies, crap, I need to get mine still....argh!

I am going to the Flame Off too the weekend before. I was a judge last year, am teaching there lately. Besides, Hugh is such a great friend and help at GS every year so I am helping him on the tech team. It is always so fun plus it will be fun to see who wins the GS spot I am giving as a prize for a winner (lol, good for this year or next!). Plus a few of them are guest artists at GS this year, you guys are going to be amazed! Just like me finding Mark McCourt there last year and asking him to come up the next week for GS....woohooo, he is fantastic and now a wonderful friend! So be ready for these surprise guys....another killer year comin' up!

BIG hugs, deb

Old 2009-08-17, 7:49am
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh, I wanted to run this by you folks!
I will have a huge card at GS for anyone to sign that will go with the box of jewelry and some blown glass for them. OR, Jo and Lori, do you two have some nice pics of her torching? Maybe we could get a small poster done and all sign that? That way her family can frame and hang it instead of a card?
deb

Old 2009-08-17, 8:35am
Master Procrastinator

I think the poster idea is a fabulous one Deb! another wonderful remembrance for her family to know just how important she was to the glass community.

Old 2009-08-17, 9:37am
I'm meeeeelting

I have a few key rings at home and will bring one.

Foot Pedal Tutorial: