Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-09-09, 8:32pm

You and your crew put on a fabulous gathering deb thanks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-09-10, 7:20am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW, Deb, thanks honey! Your demo was a big hit, they loved it and we should do it again next year! I will always get a chuckle out of you and Penny in those drop drawer Monkey butts...OMG that was funny...thank you for that too!
love and hugs, deb

Old 2012-09-12, 11:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok, I finally felt good enough to go through rest of sponsor and demo draw items yesterday. I wanted to let Bonnie Corner know before I posted that she won the Kobuki Rose marble demo!!! I did fondle it a little but since I got the orchid and bought a jellyfish marble from him I only fondled it a little I am mailing it tomorrow with sponsor boxes.

I do have some items that need to be claimed....Terri W, are you missing a tool?

Ann DeHoff, I am mailing your demo draw with the fishy beads of yours and Brenda's to Brenda tomorrow as well.

M&M, I will bring your demo draw items to the post-GS meeting on Monday...see you two there.

Thank you all again for the BEST year yet...what a blast! I will definitely add some funds in budget for more stools and will carefully look over evaluations to see if we need any other changes but the feedback has been outstanding.

THANK YOU Cornerstone and my bestest bud Sam...we love you guys!
deb

Old 2012-09-12, 1:38pm
Wooohooo,GS!

OK, who lost a larger size shirt? I found one in the box I shouldn't have....anyone remember who's went missing?

Old 2012-09-12, 3:44pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Mine did Deb, but Debbie Davis got me another one, then I found mine...or actully David and Elly found mine on sunday.
If it needs a home tho... just sayin'

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2012-09-12, 6:07pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
Mine did Deb, but Debbie Davis got me another one, then I found mine...or actully David and Elly found mine on sunday.
If it needs a home tho... just sayin'
NO, no, no, no, NO! 2 is enough!
Old 2012-09-12, 7:22pm
Wooohooo,GS!

OMG...you guys crack me UP! Can I have what their having?????

Old 2012-09-12, 7:54pm
honorary bead lady

NO! Get outta the chips bitch!
Old 2012-09-12, 10:26pm
Glassy Broad :-)

You reach for those chips again David, and you're gonna pull back a bloody stump!
NEVER EVER get between a fat gal and her munchies!!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2012-09-13, 8:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
OK, who lost a larger size shirt? I found one in the box I shouldn't have....anyone remember who's went missing?
Hi Deb, Ann De was missing a t-shirt. Could you send it with her fishies?
oh, and congrats Bonnie!

Thanks!
Brenda
Old 2012-09-13, 3:31pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
no! Get outta the chips bitch!
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 2012-09-13, 4:43pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
You reach for those chips again David, and you're gonna pull back a bloody stump!
NEVER EVER get between a fat gal and her munchies!!!
Old 2012-09-13, 5:21pm
Finally doing what I love

Default You guys are hilarious!

Thanks for making me smile

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-09-13, 5:29pm
I'm meeeeelting

OMG. There's an emoticon for that?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-09-13 at 11:10pm.
Old 2012-09-25, 6:15pm
Wooohooo,GS!

I just want to say to you all I am having SERIOUS withdrawals! I miss all of you a lot!

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Eugene and a nice long weekend visit with my Dad. Was an awesome drive home up the coast back home....I stopped at a lot of my favorite beaches (sure made me miss my dog Bella!) and pull out spots...ahhh!

I am headed to Jersey in 10 days so scrambling to get work done ahead. Looking forward to a smaller but super fun event again!
Thanks everyone, see you next year, you all ROCK!
xoxoxo debs

Old 2012-11-03, 10:02am
Wooohooo,GS!

I got back a couple weeks ago from Glass Stock East and week long visit with family in New Jersey. It was a super fun time...so glad the weather was great this year. I came home with a nasty cold and we passed it around here for another week but we are all on the mend now.
A huge thanks to all the GSWest and GS East staff who worked so hard to make it great, you are all so incredible!

Much sorrow for the east coast, my family there made it through fair compared to most folks. It is so sad to have seen Cape May and my cousins there a week before the mayhem, my heart goes out to everyone affected by Sandy...God bless everyone who has been helping there too!

Hope and prayers....deb

Last edited by deb c; 2012-11-04 at 7:17am.
Old 2012-11-03, 7:55pm
I'm meeeeelting

Glad you're feeling better! I hear that East was a blast.

I've been to Ocean City a couple of times and am hoping that the peeps I know there have fared the storm okay.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-11-04, 2:52am
StudioMarcy

East was great fun! Deb was wonderful as always.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2012-11-04, 12:37pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
You know it Felicia, the attendees really open up and share their secrets once the dreaded demonstrations are over! By the last night you can't tear them away from the torches...wonderful!
OK I can attest to this!

The DEMO is NOTHING to worry about, it's not like you are on a stage by yourself, doing it under a microscope, everyone else is doing theirs at the same time!

And as far as being torn away from the torches that is so true But I wouldn't know ANYTHING about that!!!
Old 2012-11-04, 5:00pm
I like to melt things

There's torching at glass stock?

I don't think I went for a half hour without melting something all week... Just the way I like it! I can't wait for next year. I'm looking forward to both events!

-
-
Old 2012-12-01, 8:05pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, thanks Marcy, you are just the sweetest and soooooo talented! Will you please teach those wire legged adorable critters next year? I missed those...so inventive!

Thanks David...sometimes people think "yeah, but you've been at the torch 22 years now...", well, I still get nervous and have those crappy days...sigh...
But I am a pretty good cheerleader.... thanks to all of you keeping me inspired!

Melanie, those fingerpainting beads were exquisite.....so much fun and what a great teacher you are...you better be submitting again this year!

Well, we do have some familiar teachers going East next year....Jodie and Polly are going to show the east coast their talents in 2013! Plus 2-3 new teachers at East!

Lisa St Martin is coming West (her fabulous German flowers on wires, boro & soft, also her incredible soft glass dichroic beads class!) with John Kobuki coming back, wahoo!

The east coast folks are chomping to sign up early so we are opening up payments for EAST ONLY as of Jan 2nd through Carlisle School of Glass. Titles of classes will be posted by Jan 1st with full schedule by June 1st.

I am starting a new thread for East...will get another one up for West by March 20th when I accept classes. PLEASE get your classes submitted for either event BY MARCH 15th to be considered for 2013! Follow class submission page instructions on my site.

Thanks so much everyone, can't wait to see you all again!
Happy holidays!
deb

Old 2012-12-29, 12:36pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yay, Marcy is teaching her new wire critters at East!

West is shaping up great again this year. PLEASE remember to submit your classes for either event BY March 15th so we can post the accepted classes before I head to Vegas end of March! Make sure you have ALL the info requested in ONE email per class. Accepted class instructors will be notified by email on March 20th.

Happy, Wondrous, Glassy New Year everyone!
deb

Old 2013-01-03, 1:28pm
I like to melt things

Is GSW sign up opened yet? I have heard different things and am a bit confused.

-
-
Old 2013-01-03, 7:15pm
honorary bead lady

Old 2013-01-06, 12:14pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes, Melanie, GSW is open for entries. We are only accepting tuition early on East as Carlisle is handling all payments. For west, same as usual...new info is posted on the web page (at debcrowley.com).

David, you're right sweetie....I will start one later today for West...the sun is out, it is glorious outside...going to work in the yard with granddaughter today.

Old 2013-01-08, 2:59pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Your pokes worked David...new post for West is up!
Thanks for the reminder
hugs, deb

Old 2013-01-08, 9:14pm

Default GSW

YAY....I signed up. Last year was my first year and I had such a GREAT TIME!!! Met some wonderful people and took some fantastic classes.
Deb, you and your crew put on an awesome event!!!! Can't wait for August...

Suz
Old 2013-01-12, 4:00pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yay is right Suz, so glad you're coming again! We started a new GS West thread...when you get a chance check that one out too!

Thanks so much, it takes all of us, including you, to make it better each year!
Hugs, deb