Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-11-16, 11:22pm

Default Any boro colors that react together?

Hi, You know how the soft glass has great color reactions between certain colors- I was wondering if there are any with boro colors? I am only new to boro & I know that some of the colors turn out very different than the rod is, but wondered if there was any colors that react together? Thanks for sharing, Cynthia in Australia
Old 2009-11-17, 12:26am
product of the universe

a black line can develop between cadmium and silver colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-11-17, 8:50am
ManBearPig

A lot of colors "react" with clear. Not in the sense you are talking about with the soft glass, but a lot of colors look different if they are covered with clear as opposed to left exposed.

I do a lot of stuff where I use one color and cover it with clear frit or clear dots and it gives all sorts of colors. Heavily saturated colors like Silver Strike 5, Purple Luster, and stuff like that tend to have the most "reaction".

Old 2009-11-17, 10:04am
Pyromaniac

That's one of the amazing things about boro, how it reacts with other colors.
Check out this thread, it has some stuff on outlines with colors:

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105586

Also extra light yellow or another similar yellow on top of many silver colors or oranges and reds will react in some way. Most if not all of the silver colors with will react with each other, and as Chad said, clear can give you some really nice reactions.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-11-18, 12:32pm

Try a thin layer of DAP over Aura and you'll see something awesome. In fact, depending on your flame settings and how you strike the Aura before and then the strike on the dap when you encase it you can get well over 5 "aweseomes" One of my fav. concoctions.

Last edited by glassshack; 2009-11-18 at 12:34pm.
Old 2009-11-18, 1:31pm

What is DAP and who makes Aura?
Old 2009-11-18, 1:48pm

Sorry meant Aurora .... the other is Double Amber Purple ... both Northstar colors
Old 2009-11-18, 1:54pm

Glassshack - can we see a picture of this awesome effect? I don't have any Northstar Aurora to try it with. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia