Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-11-20, 3:08pm

Default any ideas?

These beads were made about 2 yrs ago and since I almost never write any recipes down, I have little to no idea what colors I used - other than it was a twistie made of (I think) some red and some cream or beige color and possibly something else.

I've tried a few things and got nothing It's hard to tell in the photo but some of the beads had a kind of transparent smokyish color in them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VickiK; 2009-11-20 at 3:12pm. Reason: add photo
Old 2009-11-20, 4:59pm
ManBearPig

That looks like the warm yellow and red combination that everyone used to make a lot.

Old 2009-11-21, 8:28pm

Thanks Chad, I'll try that!

Old 2009-11-22, 2:55pm
Pyromaniac

I was wondering if it was pomegranate or Elvis with Almond nugget or silver strike and clear?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-11-22, 4:49pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I love the beads. However, last year I made at least 2 each of 30 beads and I wrote down exactly how I made them (clear base, in HOF [highly oxydizing flame] wrap Green Exotic, still in HOF put 4 alternating dots of clear on each side, still in HOF melt in the clear dots. Cover with clear. put in kiln). Yet when I try to duplicate them, frequently I say - maybe, I can see a resemblance, no way jose (ho-zay), or 'Oh well'. But yeah, the above suggestions sound good.

Incidently I tied the 2-3 beads of each recipe together with a 'number tag' and mounted them on a board. Then I typed up all the recipes with the appropriate numbers, encased that in a sheet protector, and keep it with the beads.

Incidently #2 - game for lampworkers - someone contributes the prize (nice marble, some beads, rod of color?) Make some beads (write down your recipe) and have players guess your recipe. Winner gets the prize. (2 winners? break the marble in two? if the prize was 3 beads, each gets 1 1/2?)

(I love this forum)