Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-02-21, 6:47pm

Smile Oxycon help

I was in the middle of making a bead when my oxycon alarm was going off and wouldn't stop. I shut it off, now what? Anyone else have this problem. I just got it at the end of January and hardly used it. I was soo excited since I received parts for my kiln so I could have a door and now this!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions? I've emailed Oxygen plus but thought I would ask here while I await a reply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2007-02-21, 8:06pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

did you pop a circuit breaker? the alarm goes off if the power goes out.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-02-21, 8:13pm
Catnip Pusher

Check your hoses and make sure they are attached firmly and are on straight. Mine wasn't once and caused the pressure to build up, so the concentrator shut off.

Also, you might check the filters and make sure nothing is clogging them.

Aimee
Old 2007-02-21, 8:18pm

I just double checked the circuit and it's fine. I didn't see anything blocking the filters but maybe there are more than I know of? I'll have to check the hoses, they looked OK but I didn't try pulling on them to see if they were loose. I'll go try that now. I also let it sit for a long time and the alarm is still going off.

Old 2007-02-21, 8:21pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

if you turn it off and turn it back on, does the alarm stop?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-02-21, 8:29pm

No it keeps going. It doesn't appear that the on off light turns on? I checked the house circuit's and they are all good, I checked the light switch the plug is plugged into and it works? I'm lost and getting frustrated. Thank you everyone so much for your suggestions. If you have any more I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Old 2007-02-21, 8:40pm
What, Me Worry?

Does this oxycon have a circuit breaker button or fuse? If you see a round black button push it. If there is no button look for a fuse holder (usually on the back near the botton), uncrew the fuse holder cap a check to see if the fuse is blown.

Me
Old 2007-02-21, 8:45pm

It has a button, it appeared to be out so I pushed it back in but still the alarm and no light or pressure? I didn't try to unscrew it though.

Old 2007-02-21, 8:57pm
What, Me Worry?

Don't unscrew the button, pushing it 'resets' it. If there is no light, then no power should be going to the compressor, so it will not sound like it's running... just the alarm will sound... indicating no power.

I'm hoping there was a momentary electric company power surge/drop... and it caused the compressor motor to momentarily stall... then immediately have a current surge which heated and popped the circuit breaker... (fingers crossed ).

The old school solution is to unplug the appliance (oxycon), wait five minutes, then push the circuit breaker reset (the five minutes gives the breaker time to 'cool down'). Then plug it back in and turn it on.

Me

Last edited by bhhco; 2007-02-21 at 9:04pm.
Old 2007-02-22, 4:04pm

Thanks everyone I got it working. Not sure what it is but it maybe the outlet I have it plugged into is the same as the refrig or something who knows but I'm glad its back up and running. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I love this forum and hope one day I can answer someone's questions!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2007-02-22, 4:07pm

Oh and I also want to thank Larry with Oxygen plus, he returned my email and gave me some suggestions on what could have caused the problem so I know what to look for in case it happens again.