No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-01-16, 4:27pm
Boro Bum

Default Glass storage Racks

Ok guys I was not going to let this info out to the public and was going to try and make some money with it. But I again feel guilty that this is free info and all I did was look around and send a email.
There is a company called Lexington PVC and the guys name is John Lin, Their company sells fencing profiles by the foot. with over 10 different profiles that look good for racks you can get to make shelf's from.

http://www.lexingtonpvc.com/ProfileList.html
I stole this link from their site but you can figure it out

this is his email jlin_lexingtonpvc <jlin@lexingtonpvc.com> give him a call or email and well he seemed to be a nice guy so he should help everyone out
I only talked to him in a couple emails but he's got the idea of what we are trying to do with his product
You can tell him Steve from AcidFly studio's sent you there then he will know what your trying to do. He is getting ready for a big International Builders Show in Las Vegas so it might take a bit to get back to you.

LOL If you make money from this info Please remember to send me my commission !!!! LMAO I could always use a couple bucks

Just thought I would throw this out there as I'm a good guy just trying to help lol

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-16, 6:48pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

Oh jeez thanks!!

--Joy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2010-01-16, 9:22pm

WOW I love the ones that click together. I wonder how big the squares are.

Old 2010-01-17, 12:05am
Boro Bum

click on the side names and it gives the sizes

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-17, 12:19am
Jacqueline Parkes

I am starting to get jealous of all the cool stuff you guys can buy down there. For me to have this shipped would be far too expensive. I like the one that has the four sections.

Old 2010-01-17, 8:44am
honorary bead lady

Mike (Glassfreak) is using the A07 and making racks available
Old 2010-01-17, 9:31am
Jamaican Me Crazy

sweeeeeet thanks for the info
Pete
Old 2010-01-19, 6:31pm
And silence is golden

Steve, I checked out Lexington PVC. I would love to get some of those A13s, but what about the price? I had looked into these previously, and it looked a bit steep. My neighbor just gave me a relatively new fence made with the 1" pickets. There were 15 pickets. Each picket was appx 36" in length. I managed to get 45 tubes from them after cutting them up with the chop saw. Each tube is 12" long and holds about 1 pound of glass rods. A12 looks like the picket that I have.
Old 2010-01-24, 3:59pm
Tamara Knight

To save money when using these A12 1x1's glue them together in sections - white contractors glue works well - but let dry for over 48 hours before loading them with glass - every other one use a 3 inch piece in front and a 1/2inch piece in back - so every other length is a a baby piece. in front and back -the middle you dont see will not have pipe.

For stringers you can cut foam board like you get at hobby lobby to draw on it is about 1/2 inch thick foam and put in corner to corner to make one tube hold two colors.
This is Boro storage but you get the idea - 1x1 pvc picket posts
The larger section is 2x2's i don't think anyone sells the 2x2 anymore
1x1 holds about 2 lbs of BE or Boro but not 104 due to the rod length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
Steve, I checked out Lexington PVC. I would love to get some of those A13s, but what about the price? I had looked into these previously, and it looked a bit steep. My neighbor just gave me a relatively new fence made with the 1" pickets. There were 15 pickets. Each picket was appx 36" in length. I managed to get 45 tubes from them after cutting them up with the chop saw. Each tube is 12" long and holds about 1 pound of glass rods. A12 looks like the picket that I have.
Old 2010-01-26, 8:59am
I practice alchemy!

Oh, I definitely do NOT have enough glass...

Celeste
Old 2010-01-27, 7:37pm
No Problem!

Nice, thanks for the link!

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2010-01-27, 8:34pm
I think my raku is broken

TAKnight, I have serious glass envy. I'm going to show that pic to my DH as justification for my last Arrow Springs shopping spree.

Old 2010-02-15, 11:59pm
Noobie

I called about the A13 and they are asking 1.70/ft...I cant find any of the fence rails in my area so I dont know how the price compares...they also charge $15 handling fee, taxes, plus shipping...I just emailed to get a quote for 50 of the A13's...giving me 200 slots for storage..Depending on what shipping is I may go this route..I dont want to pay more for shipping than the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post

Last edited by cherie; 2010-02-16 at 12:45am.
Old 2010-02-16, 3:40pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Oh these photos make me feel so much better about the amount of glass I have. Seeing that someone else has an ungodly amount of glass too makes me feel not so quilty !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKnight View Post
To save money when using these A12 1x1's glue them together in sections - white contractors glue works well - but let dry for over 48 hours before loading them with glass - every other one use a 3 inch piece in front and a 1/2inch piece in back - so every other length is a a baby piece. in front and back -the middle you dont see will not have pipe.

For stringers you can cut foam board like you get at hobby lobby to draw on it is about 1/2 inch thick foam and put in corner to corner to make one tube hold two colors.
This is Boro storage but you get the idea - 1x1 pvc picket posts
The larger section is 2x2's i don't think anyone sells the 2x2 anymore
1x1 holds about 2 lbs of BE or Boro but not 104 due to the rod length

Old 2010-02-23, 9:00pm
Noobie

Has anyone else had a problem with communication from this seller? I finally got a quote, but they were not very good about getting back to me..I felt like I had to hound them in order to get prices and any info..I just dont want to pay for a product and have to hound them in order to receive it.