No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-05, 11:31am

Default Tip when buying glass

Always look at the price,
i ordered glass today, i kept looking and thinking oh that looks nice, oh i bet i can use that etc etc, all the time writing down the order, phoned my supplier, asking for all that i had looked at earlier, when he told me the total i nearly fell through the floor, good job her indoor's dont see my bank statement's.
taking class a drugs is a cheaper hobbie.
Old 2010-02-05, 11:49am

LOL - yes, I've gotten a few surprises at check out too. But it all looks so gooood!

Kathleen
Old 2010-02-05, 12:32pm
Tamara Knight

I started with only two containers of bead release and then I found myself in the rod section. But I am going to blame Ofilia cause I followed her there. I was completely inoccent minding my own business happy with my 2 jars of bead release.

Got to pull the rods right out of the shelves - like candy with crack in it. I had not seen the "cool colors". and three foot rods add up fast. Besides she left me unsupervised. LOL

Orange Rock, Orange African Daisy, Mimossa Yellow, American Beauty, Hawaian Clay, Red Roof Tile, Appricot Coral, lime, Kiwi, Cherry Shake, 4mm rods of some of the other hand pulled colors, Supper Dence Gold Rubby sorted out of the overall batch

it was all very bad
39lbs........
Yea - field trip to Ed Hoys Wed cost me a K

Then they tell us there is a new shipment comming in and there are new colors in it
- 6 new colors
ya all know what that means ..... I would like to blame Ofilia in advance for the next trip too. LOL

Last edited by TAKnight; 2010-02-05 at 2:08pm.
Old 2010-02-05, 12:36pm

lol, thanks guys, make me feel just a little better knowing it not just me.
Old 2010-02-05, 1:09pm

And there's ALWAYS a new shippment, new sale, new tools . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-05, 1:40pm
one day at a time

Wow, I really miss the days when I could shop like that! One time I ordered 70lbs of Effetre and Vetrofond. Yep...but a long time ago in my newbie days and I used most or sold it in the first three years.

I have a budget and I have to replenish my supplies every 4-6 weeks or so, and when I shop I just add, add, and add stuff to the shopping cart. Things I need and things I want. Then I go to the total to see what it is, and I then weed out what I really don't have to get until I'm down to my budget figure Then I hit that final button without any surprises.

Most of the time I'm a wee bit disappointed that I couldn't buy the "I want" stuff.
Old 2010-02-05, 2:17pm

Cool

I plead the fifth...........

Old 2010-02-05, 3:05pm

That's what I do too. Add it all to the cart, then pick through it deciding what I must have, what I will have, what I can't possibly justify and so on.
Old 2010-02-05, 3:43pm

Just click yes then say to her who must be obey... "whould you like a new pair of shoes darling?"
Old 2010-02-06, 7:31am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Thank God for my real job!!!!

Old 2010-02-06, 8:35am

You guys are too funny. I used to buy pounds of soft glass once or twice a year, then I got into boro. I knew boro was more expensive but I was choking at the first order because it was only a handful to play with. The colours are so beautiful though.